OC & Modding Overclocking Championship in India?

RiO said:
it's as easy as simply pouring LN2 or piling on the DICE while clocking... that is far from reality.

Well, today I realised it SURE is easy..
Except tat u need to procure the DICE pot and DICE..
Wen I cud do it sittin @ Coimbatore, I guess its far easier fer ppl livin in Chennai n B'lore to get these stuff n get done..

@Rio: U guys were 4 of 'em, wen u idi the benchies..
I jus did it alone in my hostel room w/o any help..
So no big deaL.. ;)

Funky said:
You can still get the bench run out of high VID chips. I know because i have managed to bench a 1.325 vid chip at 4.1G on air. Its quiet possible on decent board.

There will be no skill tested if a perfect setup is provided. And honestly i cant make sense of limiting the overclock. Let em go as high as they can. Whats the harm in that?

Limiting the clock and then telling them to get best score out of lot is simply not fair. As we all know even at same clocks most benchmarks fluctuate a bit. And at exact same speed the variations alone can tilt the results.

Rather let them go as high as they can with the given hardware and then we will see what happens.

FSB wall on almost all decent board out there today is over 500Mhz which is plenty for air and types of ram that will be made available here.

So last few mhz will be pure ocers skill in fiddling with timings and bios.

I totally agree with the last part. As long as no cherry picking happens, I am totally game with trying my luck with a random CPU. I mean, whats the fun of trying to clock a amazing CPU. Thats why i still consider clocking AMD64 more fun than Conroe :p Its not that easy :)

BIKeINSTEIN said:
Hehehe... i see no point in posting here anymore- i have hit a wall of sorts- maybe FSB wall. :rofl:

:tongue:

gannu_rox said:
Except tat u need to procure the DICE pot and DICE..
Wen I cud do it sittin @ Coimbatore, I guess its far easier fer ppl livin in Chennai n B'lore to get these stuff n get done..

So no big deaL.. ;)
If it was that easy and no big deal, you should have taken the top spot the day you did that DICE run ;)

^No hurries dude..

Its not abt crunchin tat place first...

Wat I meant was the DICE setup was easy... :)

And meesa in no big league like urs'... ;)

Twas my debut Dice run... Gimme time...

Hehe sub-zero temps does not improve with experience let me tell you that... and man it was a battle of best of G0 and B2... we all know which one clocks far easily... want me to go on???

gannu_rox said:
^No hurries dude..

Harshal said:
Hehe sub-zero temps does not improve with experience let me tell you that... and man it was a battle of best of G0 and B2... we all know which one clocks far easily... want me to go on???

A small ocing community, smaller tolerance for each other :) Indians rock!!!! :clap:

Guys, chillax, shouldn't the experienced guide the new comers to get better, than saying, "you know how difficult it is? !!!" Cmon H, help the kid (that includes me, nascent in DICE), out!

gannu_rox said:
^No hurries dude..

I'm part of no league, I do it for fun when and if I find time... sometimes it's nice to show a little modesty instead of saying things like:

and

So no big deaL..

Pride comes before a fall... so take it easy gannu!

^^^OMG..

I neve meant to say I'm a DICE god or somethin...

Upon realising how easy the things were after doing the thing, I jus posted it here..

Twas as theindian more o less quoted; 'pourin DICE'..

And meant no offense to someone else...

@H: All of us very well know abt the overclockin ability of the 2 batches of 2 diff proccys. U'd even quoted d same in my thread. I've no intentions to argue commentin on someone's feat or anythin. In fact ur help to me thru PMs had also proven very helpful.

phew quite a reading :)....lets not blabber so much guys.

As Harshal said...we will better off keeping it to air cooling. As of the CPU scaling thing...if the CPU distribution to the participation is fully random its fine with everybody I guess. Come on noone can rule out luck in any competition. U might get a golden stepping but say suddenly due to some mishap u slip & fall over ur setup & all is screwed :rofl: ...just a scenario.

Anyway hope it happens....and look forward to see 100s of TE ppl as contestants as well as visitors :D....a BIG BIG TE meet :)

Damn just now I remember I will be oustation from Feb 28 to March 10 :( :( :(...damn it

Supra said:
Anyway hope it happens....and look forward to see 100s of TE ppl as contestants as well as visitors :D....a BIG BIG TE meet :)

Maybe this event will become the 'TE All India meet' i desire/hope for since long. :)

And what better venue than India's First OCing championship. :eek:hyeah:

Supra said:
U might get a golden stepping but say suddenly due to some mishap u slip & fall over ur setup & all is screwed :rofl: ...
We understand your past experience completely Supra :)

Doing a benching session after a pot session is never a good idea you know :rofl:

@ Supra, thanks for support man!! One more addition, I think best way to randomize the CPU is put them in a bag and ask participants to just pick one up without looking. ;)

Back