OC & Modding Overclocking Championship in India?

evilution

Disciple
Hello Guys, Just needed some views/opinions/suggestions/criticism on holding an overclocking championship in India. If I can rope a major sponsor for it, how it should be held? Please I need some answer asap!!!

For e.g, Supposedly I can get a motherboard company XXX sponsor it. Motherboard, CPU, Powersupply, Graphic Card and Hard Disk should be provided or not?? What do you think will be the turnout for it!!! I am planning to club it along with the Gaming Expo Blaze - Bangalore. Yup, there cud be prize money as well along with motherboards, graphics card and power supply to win!!!

Thankss!!!

^^^Yeah, mobo, a basic gfx card, a psu, a HDD, cpu shud be provided..

The o'clockin h/w- A DICE container, insulation stuff, thermal grease and d likes shud be born by the user..

For tat matter, even the DICE shud be supplied to the user...

If u can find some sponsors fer the event...

Harshal can help.. He's been to an event sponsored by GB @ Indonesia..

Yup, easily...

Lots: Harshal, ANP, Rio, Darky, Ank1t, Apollyon, Supra, Chaos, Sandy for some..

Guess I didn miss any of the DICE Gods!!! :p

Damn I dont live anywher close... :mad:

^^Well at least the demi-gods can giv a try.. :p

Here the competition's fer a 2nd place I guess...

Ditch all w/c setups.. Les see all DICE pourin in...

what if all the overclockers get the same equipment....same mobos, proccy, cooling type-air, water, whatever, rams, etc. That should turn the tables!!!!

Tournout wont be a problem in any major city or metro.

Yes all basic equipments, a pre-configured basic Windows XP install on the HDDs, with specific benchmarks and hardware monitoring tools, a decent ocable motherboard, a good PSU, 8600GT class card, any processor ( ideally same stepping for all ) should be provided.

And sponsors should be aware that if DICE is allowed be ready for hardware damage as possibility of something going wrong or poof increases and participant should not be blamed for anything.

Also take registrations beforehand and also ask for what kinda cooling people will be using as honestly if there is only 1 team for DICE ( which we all personally know ) then there wont be any competition.

In this case keep competition for air/water and allow these guys to show what can be achieved by DICE.

Yah, there will be a standard for the competition. A very high-end motherboard, processor, high end graphic card & powersupply will be common to all and the information regarding the component will be declared two weeks in advance. As participation monetary, we will give away the components in use. So, if you want to blow up, you loose your free gift!!! Oh yah, there could be prizes for the top three team!!! Again, I will let you know asap as and when things finalizes!!

give away the components?....i dont mind flyin to mumbai....jus for tht.....a very high end mobo u said...dint u.....hmmm....and a high end gpu too....not bad....are u promotin altruism or somethin...?:bleh:

@checksum...it DryIce...DICE

I think the big guys will be uncomfortable putting DICE on their equipments, but I doubt it would be a REAL reason to make them prevent that idea. Ofcourse the overclockers should be aware and experienced to handle dry ice.

The Sorcerer said:
I think the big guys will be uncomfortable putting DICE on their equipments, but I doubt it would be a REAL reason to make them prevent that idea. Ofcourse the overclockers should be aware and experienced to handle dry ice.
Why? For the Gigabyte and ASUS events held in S'pore, even LN2 was used ;)

Back