Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Gold Series Rocky Road - 5 Lb

Bangalore.I think Ebay is a better option.There are 2 sellers based in Maharashtra who provide free shipping for ~3.4K for 5lbs jar.

^^ Just talk to the guy I PM'ed you about he will ship for free too and second day shipping.

He is a nutritionist so you can also consult him about any queries, and his Mom and dad are Doctors

so the info he gives is quite good info.....

Thanks buddy.Will do.

Btw.. I forgot to ask you guys.How is the taste of Dymatize Elite?And how is the mixability of the whey?I would be mixing it with water.Mostly I would be buying a 5lbs tub, so these are quite important factors too.I dont wanna consume something which I start hating the taste of since Day 1 :p

With so many knowledgeable people here, I feel I must ask my queries :)

I'm 5 ft 8" in height. My weight is 71kgs. I'm pretty healthy but have got a small tummy now because of an excessively sedentary lifestyle ( read I.T. sector job ).

My legs ( thighs, calves etc ) are well built due to years of cycling, running and games like squash and basketball. However, because I broke both my hands in a period of 3 years, my upper body is not that strong as I would like.

Simply put, I want to bulk up. I've joined the gym and workout everyday. The chart prepared for me at the moment has 3 days of weight training and 3 days of cardio. This is for the next 5 weeks.

Now, I've realised that getting the requisite protein intake simply from your everyday diet is nearly impossible.

My query is that should I go for concentrates or isolates? ( I'm still trying to google for more info about these 2 different types of powders. Some links would be really appreciated :) )

I want to lose fat right now but I want to gain muscle too. Should I start with isolates and then move onto concentrates? Please advise!

^ Get isolates , if you want you can do a small cutting cycle before bulking up . If you bulk up now and do a dirty bulk you might end up with a lot of fat .

Hey raptor,
Have you tried in hyper city... Kundalahalli..
I think they have a huge range of supplements, hope you can find yours there...

I'm not into these so, not knew much about the names & brands..

Sei said:
I'm 5 ft 8" in height. My weight is 71kgs. I'm pretty healthy but have got a small tummy now because of an excessively sedentary lifestyle ( read I.T. sector job ).
You're overweight for your height.

Sei said:
Simply put, I want to bulk up. I've joined the gym and workout everyday. The chart prepared for me at the moment has 3 days of weight training and 3 days of cardio. This is for the next 5 weeks.
So that's 6 days of workouts, that sounds like a lot. Ideally it should be 3 or 4 with days in between to rest. That way you can increase the intensity and get more out of a session.

Sei said:
I want to lose fat right now but I want to gain muscle too.
Pick one goal and design a workout towards it. Don't combine both.

blr_p said:
You're overweight for your height.

So that's 6 days of workouts, that sounds like a lot. Ideally it should be 3 or 4 with days in between to rest. That way you can increase the intensity and get more out of a session.

Pick one goal and design a workout towards it. Don't combine both.
Yup, I am overweight. No doubt about it.:p

But, what I meant was that I'm not 20-25 kgs overweight. In that case, it would be the first priority. I think right now muscle buidling and losing fat will go hand in hand.

6 days workout includes only 3 days of weight training. That also, just the basic exercises. Rest 3 days is simple cardio with stretches etc. Not that intensive right now.

So, again the question.. isolates or concentrates or simply go with (milk + complan/bournvita) for now? :D

Sei said:
So, again the question.. isolates or concentrates or simply go with (milk + complan/bournvita) for now? :D
Any previous experience with weight training? If no, you most likely wont be able to push yourself enough for the first few weeks enough to actually need supplementary protein. Milk and eggs should be sufficient for the time being.

PS : Just switched to Dymatize chocolate fudge from Optium double rich chocolate and must say, it tastes WAYYYYY better. Oh and +1 to Uma con for any related purchases, the guy was so helpful on phone and the delivery and packaging was top notch too.

damn said:
Any previous experience with weight training? If no, you most likely wont be able to push yourself enough for the first few weeks enough to actually need supplementary protein. Milk and eggs should be sufficient for the time being.

PS : Just switched to Dymatize chocolate fudge from Optium double rich chocolate and must say, it tastes WAYYYYY better. Oh and +1 to Uma con for any related purchases, the guy was so helpful on phone and the delivery and packaging was top notch too.
I think that's not a bad idea at all for the first 3-4 weeks. :)

Sei said:
I think right now muscle buidling and losing fat will go hand in hand.
They don't because they are opposing goals!

..maybe someone else can try to explain that part to you again.

Sei said:
6 days workout includes only 3 days of weight training. That also, just the basic exercises. Rest 3 days is simple cardio with stretches etc. Not that intensive right now.
If you want to go 6 times a week fine, personally i would have done 3 days with cardio at the end of the weights session for maybe three months. The workout would be designed with low weights for high reps and would also serve to teach you form which is essential with free weights.

Then after the 3 months, if the gym allows for a body fat measurement to gauge success and then moved into a building phase.

So you set the first goal to say lose x kg after so much time or run or swim x miles then work to it, this is the bit thats missing from your post. Unless you set goals there is no progress and you lose your focus.

Then you would move into a building phase and alternate with lean ones. A year from now you could be a very diferent looking individual :)

Sei said:
Heh, bournvita is not in the same league as complan at all.

Sei, which gym have you joined? Is it endurance? The chart, 3 days cardio, 3 days weights sounds like mine, and I just joined Endurance Fitness in Viman Nagar.

Have the concentrates, if you think it's not meeting your requirements have 2 glasses instead of 1. I don't think the isolates are worth the premium.

Also, don't put it off for later. Start having a glass of protein powder immediately after your work-out..don't wait till you start lifting heavy. The extra protein will help no matter which stage you're at.

^ Now, I'm confused. I spoke to a few people. I think, for now, I'm going to first get my body in shape. Reduce my tummy, get my body fat content low. I'm trying to achieve this in the next 2 months. I've already been exercising for the past 2 weeks.

PS: I've joined Abs on S.B. road :)

@ Sei: I am same as of your height & increased my weight till 78 kgs now brought it down to 72kgs. Well, fro peopl of our height ideal weight is 68 kgs. I tried nothing fancy but just kept eating right, did cardio & some of resistance training for abdominals in addition to my weight lifting exercise.

Back