Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Gold Series Rocky Road - 5 Lb

I've been weighing my options of buying this from the US since it's way cheaper there.But the weight itself almost doubles the price.Can anyone suggest me more reasonable methods to get this imported?Or if someone is coming from the US(emptyhanded, but unlikely :D) can bring it for me.

It costs around $40 for a 5lbs or almost 2.5 kg jar.That, INR 2000 for a 5 lbs jar.Even the regular 2 lbs jar at More stores in Bangalore costs INR 2100.

Checkout these prices.These are for rocky road or Double rich chocolate flavours.

Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Gold Series Rocky Road - 5 Lb by Optimum Nut at DPS Nutrition - The Nation's leader in Discount Nutrition
Shipping to India costs $52

Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Protein

Bodybuilding.com has it for $42.

Dont tell me KMD.That guy is nowhere to be found.He's just too busy to reply to any PMs.

The local medical store near my house sells ON products.He quoted me INR 3800 for 5lbs jar.I think this is the cheapest.

Well if u go to everyday show off thread then there is 1 guy on between page 95 to 99 who got his ON whey 4 way low, so if u can contact him & he helps u out with it then l8 me know, coz i want 1 too for myself.

Look at ebay. they are good with this stuff,,,

I use a guy called Mohit from Bhopal, owner of UMA Con ...

It is available in every city nearly even Bhopal, at a

local Protien store, go to any good Gym and ask for the nearest store....

which cities are you guys located it would help answer if I know stores there

Delhi/Noida: Ambiance Mall ground Floor

Pune: Kalyani Nagar ON Shoppee

Bhopal: Arera Colony, Next to Fracture Hospital.

@Infected,

me from Bangalore.Are the guys at ebay trustworthy as far as protein supplements are concerned.I hate going through the trouble of shipping back the product.

@ankzss,

Thanks.. lemme go look for this guy.

First, I don't know why you wanna go for the ON whey ? That sucks donkey balls, if you research a bit.

Try 1-whey from LBnutrition. That one is isolate and literally butchers all the proteins in that price range.

Second, try looking at shopyourworld.com. The price I am getting is 3400/- (if you order it duty free)

@OP Why don't you just use eggs ie whites ? Best protein you can get. Sure you can get a good deal from local egg guy as you will be very good customer.

Powders are only for bulking up, easier to load calories.

blr_p said:
@OP Why don't you just use eggs ie whites ? Best protein you can get. Sure you can get a good deal from local egg guy as you will be very good customer.

Powders are only for bulking up, easier to load calories.

Not always true. :p

"Why don't you just use eggs ie whites ? Best protein you can get. Sure you can get a good deal from local egg guy as you will be very good customer."

Nothing beats solid food, thats for sure, but one cant gulp down that many Calories if ones need is strictly bulking...
Egg White Protien and Whey Protien is very very different...

As Sushant Says, it might not be the best, but I like it, they even have the Whey Platinum if you looking for more Whey Isolates...Once you get into suplements its a crazy world out there. You take time to figure out what works for you, and what one needs...At first just keep hitting the gym, eat and rest well.. thats most important and ofcourse -> Motivation, which I gives up on me everytime I get anywhere... :-(

As for Ebay.co.in....
It just happened for me that the dealer was in my city so I just went over to his place to get it, now he just ships whatever I need for free...if you want drop me a PM i'll forward you his number...He should ship it for free...

@vasista,

I have researched quite a bit before I started using it.It's the safest way I have come across.I dont like some bullshit like serious mass or hydrogain or something like that filled with caesin etc.I just want normal protein in whey format with minimal effects and a good protein serving.May be I have gone wrong in my research.Do enlighten me with yours about how bad ON protein is, if you think so.Most fitness based websites, suppliment based sites rate it at an average of 9/10 and I mean that. I dont say there's nothing better than that.Do let me know where I am wrong.'Course everyone wants the best.I am NOT into bodybuilding.

My max protein intake is from eggs i.e during breakfast and dinner.I need whey for lunch time and possibly for snacks.That's about it.The food in the cafeteria doesn't provide eggs or chicken.

The protein supplement I would be taking would not be more than twice a day.

On other note, I did check out Ebay.5lbs jar costs an average of 3.4K for double rich chocolate and 3.5 for rocky road flavour. 2lbs costs 1.6K

@ankxxs,

dude.. I searched the thread.didn't find any guy who was showing off the protein supplement:)

Raptor:

Whey is best for the minute you wake up and after work outs, It is a very fast digestinh protien thats why essential after workout.

Serious mass on the other hand is nothing like Whey, it is a blen of Slow and Fast Digesting Protiens, has tonnes of Sugar and lotsa Carbs and some Creatine too, just to bulk up...One can use both Whey and Serious Mass. Serious mass while going to Bed and on waking up and Whey soon after the workout...I dont use Serious Mass, I like Mass Tech, from Muscle tech it works best for me, after using EAS Whey, Serious Mass, Pro-complex, UpYourMass, etc...Its expensive stuff though.

Everyone is different, it takes time to figure out what works best for you. I have no complaints about 100% Whey at all, though I did not like Serious Mass as much...

Ps. Sorry I did not read that you are NOT into Bodybuilding. then why do you want Whey?

^^^

Raptor, I've used ON and from my personal experience I am telling you that.

Well even on BB.com it tops the TOP 50 supplements list. If you read the fine prints, not because of the content but because of the sales. There is no denying the fact that optimum knows how to market its products and sell it cheap. But by no means the ON 100% Gold Standard is a better protein. You can get better protein in the price you'll be paying.

And again the US story is different. Check the US rates and check India rates. There ON sells like pancakes and costs like pancakes. Here its a complete u-turn. They market it as a great product and that gives them a leeway to raise their prices.

Understand that whey is of two types: Concentrate (WPC) and Isolate(WPI). The isolates are the purest form and thus they cost a lot more. Trust me they work a lot more as well.

I'd prefer getting an Isolate, even if they cost more but if I were to go for a concentrate, I'd go for Dymatize Elite whey which is a lot better than ON's Gold Standard.

^^ Agreed. How about ON's Platinum Whey, I believe that too is Isolates compared to Dymatize Elite whey.

I will try the one you suggested , i have seen it but never went that way...

Also what do you think about "Xtend"?

Is there an indian BB forum?

Vasishta.Sushant said:
First, I don't know why you wanna go for the ON whey ? That sucks donkey balls, if you research a bit.

Try 1-whey from LBnutrition. That one is isolate and literally butchers all the proteins in that price range.

Second, try looking at shopyourworld.com. The price I am getting is 3400/- (if you order it duty free)
+10 to this.
Will be taking Sushant saar's advise and will be getting 1-whey from LBN Nutrition soon.

ON Whey is good but not that good for the price. Especially Hydrowhey sucks. Dont know why i spent on it. It is the worst i've ever tasted/used/got/seen. When you add water to it, it forms a detergent like foam and tastes even worse.
Xtend is good but not recommended at initial stages or when you're new to isolates.
MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Hardcore Pro Series is also good to go at the said prices.
Dymatize = good and recommended.

And ordering directly from BB.com store wont be a good idea. The prices will be almost doubled till the product reaches you.

@OP

Understand your needs first. For bulking up, the principle is to give the body more calories than it needs. Weight Gainers like Serious Mass, Up your Mass do the same thing. They are nothing but high carb (mostly fructose) stuff. As good as your whey plus lot of sugar :D ( I mean that ).

These products like ON Gold Standard, Elite Whey, they all are whey supplements and mostly consist of protein concentrates (including branched chain amino acids, glutamine and all the big jugglery).

As mentioned by INFECTED, proteins are of two types: Fast acting (Whey) and Slow Action / Sustained Release (Caesin).

It makes sense to get Casein in the afternoon and before sleeping. Whey is best suited for post workout, as rightly suggested by Infected.

@ Infeted

Whey helps in regualtion of metabolism as well. I know a lot of people who are not into BB but just take whey for its a healthy food.

I tried ON long time back and it didn't work in my advantage. I am right now on Dymatize Elite whey and it sure is something.

And no ! neither Elite whey or Gold standard are ISOLATES. They both are concentrates with traces of isolates. It all boils down to which one uses bigger percentage of Isolates. My experience suggested me to favor Dymatize :)

I don't know any India BB forums. There used to be a good BB forum at LB nutrition but the owners didn't take care of that and it ended up after a huge spam attack.

@Vasist,

I see.I am going to do more research on Dynamatize Elite and think more about it.How much protein does it it provide for one serving?

@Infected,

Well... I wish to have a little hypertrophy but not a lot.Also, need to keep a balanced diet :)

Whey helps in regualtion of metabolism as well. I know a lot of people who are not into BB but just take whey for its a healthy food.

Whow, I had no clue about that one....

I will take your advice Sir and get the Dymatize next once ON is over...

Thanks for all the info :)

PS. are you on BB.com too? Whats you nick on those forums, and bodyspace....?

Back