Online Game Deals - Steam, Amazon, Origin, GOG, Humble Bundles

Personally, I think Uplay is nowhere near as bad as some people claim it is. It actually has a proper, functional "offline mode".

Only thing I find "lacking" (if you can call it that) about the service is that there is no way to backup and archive downloaded games via the client (like Steam). Of course one can backup the download directory but its really buggy. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't.

Plus if you make the mistake of installing before backing up a download, Uplay auto deletes the install directory! Fricking ridiculous. Origin is equally bad.

Anyone know if this has changed of late?

Last edited:
I gather you have never come across the save corruption bug in uPlay. That cost me around 5 hours of gameplay in AC3. Other than that it works, mostly.

Game tester at Ubi? Comments on the latest AC Unity Drama? Season Pass cancelled, new patch downgrading graphics etc etc. This year has not been very good for Ubi. Watch_Dogs, ACU have been mired in controversy, Far Cry 4 was not as well received as FC3 and AC Rogue was a weird release that did not do any better. I don't have high hopes for The Crew.

Yea i guess i was the lucky charm :p, last thing I worked on was South Park : Stick of Truth and that was a gem of a game.
People put the blame on QA but they don't understand it's up to the devs to fix the bugs, such issues are reported ofc but the producer waives em off in order to meet deadlines.
I played a lot of the Crew and was on the team that started off initially, don't keep high hopes for it ;)

I gather you have never come across the save corruption bug in uPlay. That cost me around 5 hours of gameplay in AC3. Other than that it works, mostly.

Yet to play an "Assassins Creed" game though I own several of them. Will let you know once I do. :p

Its raining deals all over the net. Some nice deals on various sites -
http://www.greenmangaming.com/
  • The Evil Within - $16.10 (Lowest Historical Price)
  • Wolfenstein The New Order - $16 (Lowest Historical Price)
  • Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - $3.99 (Price matched Lowest Historical Price)
  • Borderlands: The Pre-sequel - $30.94 (Lowest Historical Price)
  • NBA2K15 - $30.94
  • Total War: Rome II Emperor Edition - $11.99 (Lowest Historical Price)
  • Dishonored - $3.99 (Price matched Lowest Historical Price)
  • Borderlands 2 GOTY - $7.70 (Lowest Historical Price)
  • Civilization V Complete Edition - $9.62 (Lowest Historical Price)
  • Chivalry Complete Pack - $6.56
  • Thief - $5.85 (Lowest Historical Price)
  • Thief Master Edition - $6.60 (Lowest Historical Price)
  • Castlevania LOS Ultimate Edition - $9.59
Note: To see the above deals you need to login to your GMG a/c. and use Discount Code - YEHWO3-8WN62G-KZ7AVT

http://www.gamersgate.com -
For the person who was asking for Fallout 3:GOTYE (Sale Price - $9.60), here you go -
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-F3GOTYE/fallout-3-game-of-the-year-edition

(Use 20% Discount code - TURKEY for all Gamersgate offers).

Fallout 3:GOTYE has been as low as $4.91 in the past. The Gamersgate version SHOULD register on Steam without "region locking" related issues. Note that a number of people have complained in the past of problems running FO3 on Win 7. The Gamersgate product page for this game explicitly mentions this as well. Keep this is mind if you are on Win 7.

Other decent Gamersgate offers -
  • Bioshock Infinite - $6 (Lowest Historical Price)
  • Brothers – A Tale of Two Sons - $3 (Price matched Lowest Historical Price)
  • Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - $7.20 (for the people interested in this series)

Other misc. deals -
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist for £3.75 (Uplay) (Lowest Historical Price)
https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/tom-clancy-s-splinter-cell-blacklist--1009-1
(Note: Never used the above site myself but it seems legit)

Last edited:
@jc36lect3r
Been wanting to buy "Shadow Warrior : Special Edition" myself via GOG but they only have the regular edition. Hoping they get the SE at some point.

Did you buy the SE or regular version off Steam?[DOUBLEPOST=1417113981][/DOUBLEPOST]
If everybody in this thread plans to have a multiplayer clan then Arma II will be the best deal I think.

Hmm. I have "Arma 2 Complete" (including DayZ) but never installed it because I assumed the servers would be too far away resulting in an inevitable "lag fest"...

I bought the regular edition. 2 weapons, an art book and the soundtrack was not something I was interested in. Now to wait for the humongous Wolf download to finish.

Wolf is one of a handful of games that I would have bought "Day 0 release" had it not been for the fact that I have a shitty 7 year old PC that doesn't meet the "min" requirements for that game. :(

Really like the "Wolfenstein" series - even the last one that a lot of people didn't seem like...[DOUBLEPOST=1417115314][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am not sure there might be some server where it can be played without any problem. Why don't you try and see. In this way we will know if its worth getting or not.

I think that's a 25GB download Quan Chi. That's a LOT of data to download "just to check" if there are servers nearby, especially on my crap all b/w. :p

Anyway, I just checked using a 3rd Party Server Browser and they don't seem to be any Arma 2 servers in Asia.

I saw a link for an old Arma 2 server that was based in Sing earlier but its no longer operational. Sing does seem to have some operational "Dayz" Servers though...

Last edited:
Valve really needs to fire the team responsible for the horrendous Steam UI or just allow users to revert back to the old store layout, it's painful to browse. Looks like a flea market and what's up with those recommendations.

Hmm thanks. Any different from buying it from Amazon? I mean can I just buy, get key and unlock it on steam no hassle?
Also can you tell me their payment mode? If its C/C then I'm screwed.
Also D3 for $19.99
https://us.battle.net/shop/en/produ...utm_medium=Main_Banner&utm_content=Buy_D3_Now

I think that I've pretty much decided what games I should buy, BL2 GOTY, ME3 standard, and D3. And a long vacation on the way... :D

Back