Nvidia RTX 4070, 4070 Ti & 4080 Super release dates leak ahead of CES

This is what 4070 should have BEEN to begin with. Now it's a True 1440p GPU. 4070 Ti Super is next now.

According to the HW Unboxed benches, 4000 series (especially the 4070-series) is too close to the last gen of cards.

It would make sense to wait for the next-gen of cards later this year. Especially since there are such good deals on last gen used GPUs. You can snag a 3080 (with warranty) for around 30K these days.

4070 Super is close to 3090 but only till 2K. The moment you switch to 4K, that extra VRAM comes handy. 5090 might not come before Q1 2025 but I have itch to upgrade to a 4080 Super.
Just waiting for the performance without DLSS.
I hope AMD puts up a good fight, otherwise NVIDIA will again dictate the terms. Launching not powerful GPU or castrated version and then later the non-cast one.

4070 Super is close to 3090 but only till 2K. The moment you switch to 4K, that extra VRAM comes handy. 5090 might not come before Q1 2025 but I have itch to upgrade to a 4080 Super.
Just waiting for the performance without DLSS.
I hope AMD puts up a good fight, otherwise NVIDIA will again dictate the terms. Launching not powerful GPU or castrated version and then later the non-cast one.
To be very honest, not worth it over the 90Ti that you have!!!
My personal barometer for a worthy upgrade is a jump to 2x the current performance!!

4070 Super is close to 3090 but only till 2K. The moment you switch to 4K, that extra VRAM comes handy
Even if it had 24GB VRAM, the limiting factor at 4k for the 4070S is its narrow 192 bit bus. Even though it can render more pixels than 3090, it can't push them to the screen fast enough, so it's essentially crippled at high res.

Even if it had 24GB VRAM, the limiting factor at 4k for the 4070S is its narrow 192 bit bus. Even though it can render more pixels than 3090, it can't push them to the screen fast enough, so it's essentially crippled at high res.

True !

Just fyi - Use DLSS + DLDSR, in my experience it looks better than native/DLSS alone in many games.

Other games I have not noticed it that much, but in Rise of Tomb Raider, you can see the difference in DLSS vs non-DLSS. I only game that I am using DLSS right now is Alan Wake-II. Read Dead Redemption, will all eye candy, I am getting AVG Frames - 93. ROTR with DLSS and all eye candy gives me 140+ frames at 4K, without DLSS, it hovers around 80's.

Guys, check the pricing for 4070 Super, sheer stupid pricing.
Asus Rog Strix Rtx 4070 Super Oc Edition 12Gb Gddr6X Graphics Card
₹81,500.00

Happens all the time, wait a month for prices to settle. 4070 Super will apparently be 60-65k, not lower for some time. Inno3D 4070Ti is 66k though. I hope AMD cuts their prices.

Stupid pricing from NVIDIA. 4070Ti Super is going for 1L.
Lol that's $1200. In the US it's INR 66K o_O

Although, I can see the Inno3D version for 81K.

Img.png

buy something used under some warranty .30 series was one of the best series interms of perf uplift as well as pricing apart from mining scene and availibility . One could equate 40 series with their old 400 fermi series nightmare allover. Expecting 50 series as cracking as the 500 series was and equivalent AMD competition

Back