Nothing Phone (2) launched

Just bad pricing. Feel like they could've either cut cost on SoC with, maybe 7+ Gen 2, or spent more time and upgraded camera system as well.

Gimmick factor with the glyph interface has slightly gone down, with added functionality and customizations. But I still don't see how adding lights that draw attention help with less screen time. Really like their software and certain features. Just hope we don't witness OnePlus all over again. It'd be too soon.
yep, base version should have been like 40k and with card offers even lower, plus no charger that's what really rankles me. The official charger costs 2.5k on Nothing website so if you want the full package its actually 47.5K at which point you might as well buy the Pixel 7, I think Dave2D said it best, Pei wants entry level flagship price but there's no where it really stands out, it definitely doesnt have the best camera in the segment, not best processor or display, it just has that unique build and the gimmick lights ( yes they are a gimmick, I mean how much are you actually gonna use them?) and it can only take you so far. I am really disappointed with the price specially since its a Made in India phone so import duties shouldnt have a big factor.
I'd say 11R, considering 8020 is like a tier below 8+ Gen 1.
nah, OnePlus build quality has been down the shitter for a while now, no point buying an OP imo

there's no where it really stands out
Design. Not just the back of the phone, the software as well. The position they've chosen to take is 'design minded android'. Despite the love/hate relationship with the glyph, that's what brought most, or arguably all, of the attention they have now. If they'd dropped the glyph with phone 2 and offered the same phone as it is now for a more reasonable price, this would've really been a bad move. All this is to say, it's never really meant to stand out in any other way.

Design. Not just the back of the phone, the software as well. The position they've chosen to take is 'design minded android'. Despite the love/hate relationship with the glyph, that's what brought most, or arguably all, of the attention they have now. If they'd dropped the glyph with phone 2 and offered the same phone as it is now for a more reasonable price, this would've really been a bad move. All this is to say, it's never really meant to stand out in any other way.
I'll disagree with this, Nothing has the best stock skin on the market right now aside from pixel imo, and say what you will, the design is a gimmick since the majority will anyways slap a case on it for protection, while I agree that the glyph interface is what brought most of the attention to them in the starting stages, it is starting to cool down now, almost all the reviewers are unanimous in their opinion that the glyph interface is still at best a gimmick aside from some useful features, In the end, flash aside its substance which sells and nothing doesn't have that imo, especially when GT Neo 6 will undercut it like crazy and the upcoming Pixel 8. If Nothing had followed the early strategy of OnePlus, truly offering flagship features at a reasonable price, it would have been an instant buy for many people despite some shortcomings or not having the best hardware in the category, right now the only thing that stands out from it is the glyph which like I said is still a gimmick at best.

Back