Nothing Phone (2) launched

altair21

Disciple
nothing back to their usual bullshit again, I can't believe I had high hopes for it.

Not worth it at all, Marginal bump in specs and features, but a much higher bump in pricing. should have kept the pricing the same as the Phone (1)

They are also targeting the US market but with this selling at $599 versus $499 for Pixel 7, not sure what it brings to the table to justify the premium considering its nascent software and lack of dedicated service centres.

Would like to know how many of the pre-orders they would be converting to real orders now. My guess would be less than 1/5th of those who purchased the pass.

They are also targeting the US market but with this selling at $599 versus $499 for Pixel 7, not sure what it brings to the table to justify the premium considering its nascent software and lack of dedicated service centres.

Would like to know how many of the pre-orders they would be converting to real orders now. My guess would be less than 1/5th of those who purchased the pass.
Yeah. This is really bad pricing, given the Pixel also doubles up as mini-oven on which you can make mini-omelette or grill mini-steaks or mini-hotdogs.

LTPO, NFC, Wireless - maybe I'll install PixelExperience and get it. It got all the specs I wanted.
Was following Nothing Phone 1 on XDA. Pixel Experience was abandoned. Paranoid is still maintained though it has bugs. I think people shouldn't expect hacked custom ROMs as an alternative to proper OEM support.

As someone who had purchased the 1+1 back in the day, I am just sad at the inflated pricing from newcomers who are supposed to challenge the existing big names.

Price will come down and there will be offfers. Moto edge 40 looks to be better bet.
nah, that curved screen is a deal breaker for me, I got the edge 30 fusion and honestly as good as it looks, its not practical at all
Lol, the no-charger trend started by Apple was one of the biggest scams in mobile tech history. Profit by hiding behind the planet!
seriously, if only one ****ing time, if we could just boycott a product and say enough is enough, it would do wonders for us specially with a company as anti-consumer as apple.

Was following Nothing Phone 1 on XDA. Pixel Experience was abandoned. Paranoid is still maintained though it has bugs. I think people shouldn't expect hacked custom ROMs as an alternative to proper OEM support.

As someone who had purchased the 1+1 back in the day, I am just sad at the inflated pricing from newcomers who are supposed to challenge the existing big names.
Then I guess I'll wait for LTPO, NFC, and Wireless charging for Xiaomi phones. Still rocking sweet with PixelOS. Solid ROM but yea there are bugs.

Then I guess I'll wait for LTPO, NFC, and Wireless charging for Xiaomi phones. Still rocking sweet with PixelOS. Solid ROM but yea there are bugs.
why do you need wireless tho? I'd rather have a faster charging solution, hell even 68W is more than enough for me, I can get 15-25% on just 15 minutes of charging, pair that up with a stellar battery life and you got a lethal combo

why do you need wireless tho? I'd rather have a faster charging solution, hell even 68W is more than enough for me, I can get 15-25% on just 15 minutes of charging, pair that up with a stellar battery life and you got a lethal combo
I'd still be ok if wireless is not included yes. But its a good thing to have since its already attached in my desk :D

Because with wireless charging, I don’t charge the phone. When I sit at my desk, I place phone on the cradle. I have 3-in-1 wireless charger and I use that to charge my watch and my phone. It is absolutely convenient. Not saying that wired is bad. The convenience is major plus point. Moreover, one common issue with wired charging is usb port gets loose or cable goes bad/wornoff and that adds to the cost.
Also, Apple and Samsung will definitely move to remove USB or lightning port to save environment, others will follow.

Last edited:
Because with wireless charging, I don’t charge the phone. When I sit at my desk, I place phone on the cradle. I have 3-in-1 wireless charger and I use that to charge my watch and my phone. It is absolutely convenient. Not saying that wired is bad. The convenience is major plus point. Moreover, one common issue with wired charging is usb port gets loose or cable goes bad/wornoff and that adds to the cost.
Also, Apple and Samsung will definitely move to remove USB or lightning port to save environment, others will follow.
I guess I get that but wireless is so fricking slow that its not worth it for me, I tried the s23+ with wireless and it was pretty meh considering with 120W chargers, I can charge my phone from 0 to 100% in barely half an hour, and I doubt those idiots will ever get to remove those ports since EU wont let them, hopefully when the replaceable batteries are enforced we get them in India too

I guess I get that but wireless is so fricking slow that its not worth it for me, I tried the s23+ with wireless and it was pretty meh considering with 120W chargers, I can charge my phone from 0 to 100% in barely half an hour, and I doubt those idiots will ever get to remove those ports since EU wont let them, hopefully when the replaceable batteries are enforced we get them in India too
Lets not do ‘what I want’ in general product discussion. You may not need it but it is a convenience that is good to have. Removing wired charging and giving 7W wireless Soes call for uproar. Why to debate if phone has both wired and wireless?

Did EU stop them from removing 3.5mm jack? If all these companies add standard wireless charging support, EU will not stop them if they remove charging port.

Lets not do ‘what I want’ in general product discussion. You may not need it but it is a convenience that is good to have. Removing wired charging and giving 7W wireless Soes call for uproar. Why to debate if phone has both wired and wireless?

Did EU stop them from removing 3.5mm jack? If all these companies add standard wireless charging support, EU will not stop them if they remove charging port.
you are the one who's debating lol, I just replied to your points, and EU is the reason we may be getting replaceable batteries back, which I for one am extremely happy about.

nothing back to their usual bullshit again, I can't believe I had high hopes for it.
Just bad pricing. Feel like they could've either cut cost on SoC with, maybe 7+ Gen 2, or spent more time and upgraded camera system as well.

Gimmick factor with the glyph interface has slightly gone down, with added functionality and customizations. But I still don't see how adding lights that draw attention help with less screen time. Really like their software and certain features. Just hope we don't witness OnePlus all over again. It'd be too soon.

Moto edge 40 looks to be better bet.
I'd say 11R, considering 8020 is like a tier below 8+ Gen 1.

Back