Nokia C6-01 or Samsung Wave II s8530

mobile_user

Disciple
Hello Friends,

After a week hard work, I was able to increase my budget to 16k for my phone. Now, I am confused between the two - Nokia C6-01 or Samsung Wave II.

Samsung Wave II has large screen (3.7) as compared to C6-01 (3.2)
Better processor (1GHz) as compared to C6-01 (680MHz I believe)
C6-01 has clear black display and Wave II has SLCD. I have not seen C6-01 but I really liked Wave II for this.
Samsung has Bada OS (dont know anything about it) as compared to S^3 OS in C6-01.

My basic use is watching videos (lots of videos, even full movies), listening much (I love high bass), internet surfing (through wifi) and play games (love racing games like Asphalt, NFS etc)

Please suggest which one is better choice?

H2O said:
I'd suggest you take a look at Motorola Defy, which is for 15.8K using the letsbuy coupon.

Really good option bro

Motorola Defy is an amazing piece of hardware its the best for that price

friend of mine just bought it for 2 weeks ago for 18k its really good looking ,also have good feel

only lacking is foryo update it come with Andriod 2.1 though

BoRNTeRRI3T said:
Really good option bro

Motorola Defy is an amazing piece of hardware its the best for that price

friend of mine just bought it for 2 weeks ago for 18k its really good looking ,also have good feel

only lacking is foryo update it come with Andriod 2.1 though
How good is the media playback on it, can it play hi-def files, can it play MKV files natively ? the camera on the Defy requires 3 seconds to AutoFocus, Wave II has a better camera

mobile_user said:
My basic use is watching videos (lots of videos, even full movies), listening much (I love high bass), internet surfing (through wifi) and play games (love racing games like Asphalt, NFS etc)

Watching videos - both phones work nice.

Music - check gsmarena or some other website for a comparison of quality, but bass would depend on da earphones you use.

Internet surfing - Both the phones dont have a good browser in comparison to android/iOS, but with Symbian updates expected today and also with BADA 2.0 this might change. Wait for a few days for reviews to come up.

Games - you would surely get more games/apps for S3 in comparison to Bada (I could not even find skype for Bada)

mobile_user said:
Hello Friends,

After a week hard work, I was able to increase my budget to 16k for my phone. Now, I am confused between the two - Nokia C6-01 or Samsung Wave II.

Samsung Wave II has large screen (3.7) as compared to C6-01 (3.2)
Better processor (1GHz) as compared to C6-01 (680MHz I believe)
C6-01 has clear black display and Wave II has SLCD. I have not seen C6-01 but I really liked Wave II for this.
Samsung has Bada OS (dont know anything about it) as compared to S^3 OS in C6-01.

In your budget you can get C7-00 (3.5" screen but not CBD - only AMOLED)

If movie watching is the prime requirement then there are two things important -
you need bigger screen - Wave II
16:9 aspect ratio - C7-00

If music is important - both good
Processor - Wave II

Display - C7-00 AMOLED is gorgeous..better compared to WaveII but WaveII has better resolution.
UI - WaveII is more user friendly and UI is eye-catchy. S^3 is improved compared to S60v5 but still not comparable to bada
Apps - S^3 has wider choice. bada not even close.
HQ Games - again S^3...bada not even close.

Surfing - stock browser of WaveII is better. But don't know how S^3 browser will be improved post firmware update. But at the current situation WaveII stock browser wins. But S^3 has Opera..which is pretty good for normal use.

Hope this helps :)

tommy_vercetti said:
How good is the media playback on it, can it play hi-def files, can it play MKV files natively ? the camera on the Defy requires 3 seconds to AutoFocus, Wave II has a better camera
see, if you dont give a shit about android marketplace, I suggest grab Wave II as it is far far superior in all other aspects I can think of(maybe not water-resistant)

Agreed with comp@ddict!!

Wave II has far better specs, screen clarity and features than Nokia. I am using Wave S8500 and it's simply great!! The availability of good apps, game and such is the only deal breaker.. Still better than Nokia C6.

You will get the particular games you mentioned here in BADA and you will love watching movies/videos on Wave II. :D I use to watch even 720p movies in it :) (1080p is not support)

Finding apps for the Nokia would be an ease rather for Bada. Unless one has a habbit of scavenging google. Also you would get a qwerty on the C6. And bada wont support VOIP ever. That is the reason there is no Skype for bada. Also the GPS is flawless on a Nokia.

Hi,

I heard that you need lot of memory to play 700 - 800 MB avi format movie on mobile phone as it buffers the whole movie. Can I see such movies on Wave II? Also, I am not much fond of apps. I just want some good games to kill my boring life, so I believe Wave II is much better. Also, I would like to show off :) so Wave II is much better choice in that department also. Am I right?

Please verify before posting. Samsung has already released a list of countries where VOIP is allowed and India is one of them. And there is nothing wrong with the GPS in Wave or Wave II.

someone064 said:
Finding apps for the Nokia would be an ease rather for Bada. Unless one has a habbit of scavenging google. Also you would get a qwerty on the C6. And bada wont support VOIP ever. That is the reason there is no Skype for bada. Also the GPS is flawless on a Nokia.

@OP:based on your requirements Wave II would be the best choice. It has far superior features in every aspect plus you will also be able to showoff better.

if watching movies is your main priority then go with wave 2 eyes closed.....no other phone out there has the codec support like the wave..

and about gps.....iirc route 66 not available in indian wave model.....and you dont have google maps is not available for bada os

Okay, thanks for all the inputs. I found that the Wave II is available at 16,500 on letsbuy.com. Can anybody help me to get a coupon of 10-15% discount for this purchase? My mode of payment would be COD. Please

The offer code is not available on the site of reliance

the offer is actually for postpaid reliance customers but actually it isb nothing like that

they have the code directly Its a relief offer after many many days

PLEASE UTILise IT to ur fullest

here is the CODE

Code:
RCOMLSB

pranaywhiz said:
Please verify before posting. Samsung has already released a list of countries where VOIP is allowed and India is one of them. And there is nothing wrong with the GPS in Wave or Wave II.

@OP:based on your requirements Wave II would be the best choice. It has far superior features in every aspect plus you will also be able to showoff better.
Do we have a Skype or some other VOIP based app available for Bada?

Also what games are available for BADA? can anyone share a list for the OP.

@OP: Games are also broadly classified within APP's and Nokia has a plethora of devices with S3 + same hardware, so currently you have plenty of games for Nokia C6-01

My views:

Why C6-01:

1. better screen (CBD rocks)

2. symbian is definitely more mature and has more apps and games than bada

3. fast phone, continuous updates(look at symb anna)

Why not C6-01:

1. Come on 16k device has a 3.2" screen? What are we lilliputs?

Why Wave II:

1. outrageously powerful hardware

2. much much bigger 3.7" screen, ideal for multimedia

Why not Wave II:

1. As much as people say, Bada is still in it's infancy

2. TouchWiz UI sucks(my opinion)

comp@ddict said:
My views:

Why C6-01:

1. better screen (CBD rocks)

2. symbian is definitely more mature and has more apps and games than bada

3. fast phone, continuous updates(look at symb anna)

Why not C6-01:

1. Come on 16k device has a 3.2" screen? What are we lilliputs?

Why Wave II:

1. outrageously powerful hardware

2. much much bigger 3.7" screen, ideal for multimedia

Why not Wave II:

1. As much as people say, Bada is still in it's infancy

2. TouchWiz UI sucks(my opinion)
For C6-01 screen being small problem, get the Nokia C7 (3.5 inch), as already mentioned in this thread earlier.

Hi, Are you sure that C6-01 is going to get Anna update? I saw the Nokia X7 and E6 and their visual experience is awesome. I will go for c6-01 is this is true as it is also cheaper than Wave II. Also, are games like Asphalt and NFS available on Nokia OVI store also?

Back