NFS 11: Pro Street

True, PU and HS were the games that really defined NFS. I would also put MW somewhere in that category for the sheer pleasure of driving with cops.

But nothing, really nothing compares to the driving of PU and HS. You always have to make that perfect turn; cut the corner too wide and you are too slow out of it, cut it too fine and you might graze the railings.

HS was a mission impossible for me. You have to practice all the tracks thoroughly before going into the championship or soon you would get pink slipped or out of cash with a heavily damaged car to repair.

So needless to say PU was a complete game. The car damages were not as lethal as in HS nor totally absent as in newer titles. Car control required some skills, and was noticeably different for every car, every car had a center of gravity of its own. The tracks were all so different from each other and required getting used to even at easiest difficulty.

Damn, I wish they make a game as good as PU with graphics as good as MW.

PU is my fav nfs of all time.. i havent played HS so i dont know.. i jus loved PU.. the factory driver mode ... where slaloms were presented with challenging times.. the canyon runs without damaging the car... PU jus rocked.. mi fav nfs games PU > NFS 2 > UG

Cant we just stick to the thread's topic about Pro Street? This thread isn't ment for you people to go 'good time nfs memory fishing'.If necessary just make another thread called "Your favorate NFS game" and continue there.Thanks.

F|0ccY said:
Cant we just stick to the thread's topic about Pro Street? This thread isn't ment for you people to go 'good time nfs memory fishing'.If necessary just make another thread called "Your favorate NFS game" and continue there.Thanks.

When a game in a popular series is about to come out. be ready for expectations and comparisons and disappointments about last installments :p
Thats ought to happen.
From the look of it pro street will again will closed street ckt type game. That sucks.
HS and PU both had real world ( atleast they tried to imitate real world ) circuits with damage and various selectable racing conditions. Beautiful tracks. I mead god... i used to stop racing to watch the damn waterfall in PU :p
Traffic, shortcuts , perfection required to complete career, and most importantly they were linear games. progressively getting harder and harder in career mode.
U1, U2, MW, Carbon were just too easy :p

I hope pro street brings some of the GOOD old stuff back or atleast something new. I am sick of drift racing and gangsta rap. Keep it in the games but give us the god damn open real beautiful circuits.

Don't get confused. This isn't like other EA Street titles with over-the-top arcade slam dunks and impossible maneuvers. This is Pro Street. In fact, EA did the exact opposite and created an entire new genre of racer: the street racing simulation. "The Fast and the Furious" meets Forza.

Pro Street will feature real world locations like Sears Point Raceway (now Infineon Raceway) near Sonoma, Calif. While EA wouldn't go into detail on the other tracks, it did say that you can expect a number of "iconic locations" in Asia, Europe and the States.

Race weekends are when the street racing community gathers, car enthusiasts that like to build and show off their high-performance racers. They do that in a number of ways, and EA has included a few in several events that comprise the race weekend in Pro Street: Drag, Drift, Grip, Circuit and Speed Challenge. The career goal is focused around working your way up the ladder in each event and eventually becoming "king of the street."

IGN: Need for Speed ProStreet Preview

NFS Unlimited: Need for Speed Pro Street First Look

Looks like damage is in and will be carried on into future races in career mode cause they're trying to make it more of a simulation.
Custom parts you buy will have an effect on the performance and handling of the vehicle.

Lets hope this will end up being a better game than Most Wanted or Carbon.

Need for Speed Pro Street Thursday, 31.05.2007
NFS 11Now it's official, the new Need for Speed will be called Need for Speed Pro Street!

EA SHIFTS GEARS WITH NEED FOR SPEED PROSTREET

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - May 31, 2007 - Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) announced today that the blockbuster Need for Speedâ„¢ franchise is introducing a new version that drives the series in a new direction. Need for Speedâ„¢ ProStreet is a ground-breaking Need for Speed experience where you're thrust to compete head to head against the best street racers in a multitude of racing showdowns. The game is being developed by EA Black Box in Vancouver, B.C., and is slated to ship this fall.

"Need for Speed ProStreet accelerates street racing culture by providing the ultimate stage for the pursuit of street racing supremacy," said Executive Producer, Larry LaPierre. "This is a game about building the ultimate performance-tuned battle machine, taking it to multi-disciplinary showdowns all over the world and pitting your skills and reputation against the very best street racers."

Need for Speed ProStreet boasts impeccable precision and impressively detailed photo-realistic graphics, effectively transporting you to the center of the action. It pushes the "Autosculptâ„¢" technology to a new level, allowing you to directly impact your car's performance for the first time as well as personalize its appearance. Need for Speed ProStreet is a true taste of raw adrenaline and racing with consequences. Every dent, every scratch and every crumpled body panel is a battle scar, proof of your commitment and competitive mettle. With an aggressive and skilled AI system, you become immersed in an unmatched believable race experience. Add in a revolutionary online mode that will redefine the meaning of competitive social play, and Need for Speed ProStreet is the ultimate formula for an emotionally charged street racing showdown.

Need for Speed ProStreet will be available for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and Wii? as well as the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Nintendo DS™, PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) handheld entertainment system, PC and mobile. More information can be found at www.needforspeed.com.

The official website has been updated with five new screenshots and a trailer. Stay tuned for more, we had the possibility to try the game and a detailed hands-on will come soon.

Check out the new Needforspeed.com website, and you might want to join our discussion at the boards.

Update: As mentioned earlier, I took an exclusive look on the game, and the article about that will go live an few hours...please be patient. :)

NFS-Planet - Need for Speed Carbon, Most Wanted, Underground Series, Hot Pursuit 2, Porsche

NFS Exclusive First look

NFS-Planet - Need for Speed Carbon, Most Wanted, Underground Series, Hot Pursuit 2, Porsche

Damage:

What cops and traffic did in earlier NFS games to make it harder for you to finish the race, is now done by damage. The game is all about damage, you have to watch out, that you don’t wreck your car, because repairing is expensive and you might not be able to use it for a while.

This time the damage is not just scratches and bumps…this time you could wreck your car completely, so that you aren’t even able to finish the race. I watched it in action, and the damage model looks really amazing…far more realistic than what I’ve ever seen before! Bumpers and tires can fall off, windows break, hoods fly away and based on the material (metal, glass, plastic or carbon) it gets scratches or breaks. All the damage is calculated on-the-fly, so it doesn’t look always the same. It even depends on how fast you hit a wall, the car will be damaged based on many parameters. And the best thing is: the damage will affect your performance. The more you crash your car, the slower you will get. If you crash your car too much, the race is over.

Since repairing does cost some money, you might want to spend most of it to build in new parts to the engine and what is under the hood, than repairing the outside. It’s still street racing, so it actually would look cooler, if you don’t have a shiny new car without scratches, but a car where everyone knows that you already raced with it. We’ll see how this works out once the game steps further in development.

This is bad news.:( .I am used to crashing cars wherever possible.:p

Game modes:

There are 4 game modes in Need for Speed Pro Street: GRIP, Drift, Drag and Speed Challenge. For every game mode, you will have your personal car, which is perfectly balanced for this type of race. EA didn’t talk much about the game modes in the game, but so far GRIP will be like the circuit mode, where you race a certain number of laps. The drift mode will be different than in NFS Carbon, because of the new car physics. To extend accessibility, Electronic Arts built in “assists”, which will help you steering the car and staying on the track. If you turn off all the assists, it’s more for the hardcore gamers and the game will be more like simulation – it is more real.

The drag mode returns, but there is no information yet, what will be different.

The new game mode is called Speed Challenge, which is mainly a really long track, where you can push your car to the limits. At highest speeds you race down a straight road, with almost no curves. But once you try to steer, you have to watch out not to get off the road, because that high speed can be dangerous…

Looks like they are trying to make it more realistic something which I dont like.:no:.

Read the whole Article!

I for 1 am completely happy that theres NO traffic, and NO cops!

Drag is back! Which is rocking! Ive missed real drags since NFS:U2!!

Drags in MW are just pathetic.

The game sounds amazing though.

AMAZING DETAILS!!!!

I lost the track of game after NFSU2..played MW for few minutes but cudnt complete it!!!

Would be eagerly awaiting this game.....

Back