NFS 11: Pro Street

sandy453

Adept
Nov 21, 2006
Apparently the rumours about the name Need for Speed Pro Street some months ago weren't a lie after all...the print magazine PLAY published an article about the upcoming Need for Speed in its current isses and the game has the name Need for Speed Pro Street.

As it seems this wasn't so much pre-decided with the headquarters of Electronic Arts, because even the website electronicarts.cz used the name 'NFS Pro Street' for about two days, but now it's taken offline.

NFS-Planet - Need for Speed Carbon, Most Wanted, Underground Series, Hot Pursuit 2, Porsche

Hopefully ,it uses directx 10 .

This is what have been reported in some sites .

- Pro Street is an official name.
- There will be medals for damaging car in specified places.
- First 3 levels of damage don't disturb in driving.
- Autosculpt is back, and it's more precise.
- Tracks in whole world.
- No categories in races ( i mean 70 hp car can race 400 hp car).
- 28 makes of cars, Honda is back.
- Cars are from about '60s to present.
- Only 8 exotics.
- 4 types of races - closed circuits, drift, speed challenge and drag racing.
- You don't have to win all races, you have to be first in general clasification ( like in URL).
- You can turn off abs etc.
- The game will be much more real.

some of this may be rumor.But the title is going to be announced on may 31st by EA

Directx 10 cards here I come .:p

Reactions: 1 person

sandy453

Adept
Nov 21, 2006
The name is not completey decided yet and the information is probable ,but you can find some teasers on the site.

For the compelte details ,have to wait till may 31st,When EA is gonna announce it.

Shripad

ex-Mod
Mar 17, 2005
Class M Planet
honestly EA should just cut the crap and bring back NFS High stakes with modern graphics. The maps in that game and PU were beautiful.

I know there are gamers who like NFSU kinda NFS games but if you have not played NFS HS you missed the era of best arcade racing games. U1, U2, MW, Carbon disappointed me a bit.

Rahul

Skilled
Jun 11, 2005
Chennai
Funky said:
honestly EA should just cut the crap and bring back NFS High stakes with modern graphics. The maps in that game and PU were beautiful.

I know there are gamers who like NFSU kinda NFS games but if you have not played NFS HS you missed the era of best arcade racing games. U1, U2, MW, Carbon disappointed me a bit.
just a bit :( ....... since PU i am still waiting for a good NFS to come :(

-D.Payne-

Adept
Apr 9, 2007
www.greatdrivingchallenge.com
As said before.
NFS:HS defined arcade racing. Soooo much adrenaline, so muuch character in the cops' style and the chopper banter. Awesome varying-weather maps, night and day modes. Where did all that go?!?!? Why do we only have night or day? Why only clear skies or nothin?? Why nooo damage?? Why the f___ were the choppers throwing barrels of fire in NFS:HP2??? Why were the cops saying "this guy's got a need for speed" in HP2? :| Why does carbon look the same, whichever track you are on?!?!?

Honestly, every NFS after PU and HS were just like a graphics upgrade with one mode extra and more "gangsta-in-da-hood" music. As action movies, I hated Fast n the Furious, sadly NFS has taken that sh!tty series of movies as it's benchmark. I truly loved the movie playback kinda gameplay in NFS:MW and NFSCarbon, but sadly the races dint truly bump up the adrenaline any.

Plllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz get back the feel of HS!

plz.
Payne

Bluffmaster

Skilled
Jan 4, 2006
I hope both classic and underground racing makes it to this game. Both are cool at their places , i personally enjoy underground racing more for some reason.

targetblimp

Disciple
Mar 2, 2006
d_payne said:
As said before.
NFS:HS defined arcade racing. Soooo much adrenaline, so muuch character in the cops' style and the chopper banter. Awesome varying-weather maps, night and day modes. Where did all that go?!?!? Why do we only have night or day? Why only clear skies or nothin?? Why nooo damage?? Why the f___ were the choppers throwing barrels of fire in NFS:HP2??? Why were the cops saying "this guy's got a need for speed" in HP2? :| Why does carbon look the same, whichever track you are on?!?!?

Honestly, every NFS after PU and HS were just like a graphics upgrade with one mode extra and more "gangsta-in-da-hood" music. As action movies, I hated Fast n the Furious, sadly NFS has taken that sh!tty series of movies as it's benchmark. I truly loved the movie playback kinda gameplay in NFS:MW and NFSCarbon, but sadly the races dint truly bump up the adrenaline any.

Plllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz get back the feel of HS!

plz.
Payne

well said. nfs hs and pu were classics, be it the cars, the tracks or the adreline rush these games gave. sadly ever since nfs decided to follow the fast and furious line i think it has lost its class.

all i want is to race fast. no need for crappy storylines and all that attitude.

Shripad

ex-Mod
Mar 17, 2005
Class M Planet
Its not only that, the replays, air jump slow motion 3rd person views, sparks coming out of my car from everywhere, bonnet flying out after damage. those headlight beams in fog, or damage to headlights causing u to race in pitch dark in night mode. Over aggressive cops. Classic cars. Miss all that in NFS now. :(

Rave

ex-Mod
Jan 11, 2005
but have u seen the new nfs hd trailer? from then intro, its again gonna be a 2f2f styled theme to the game, but the damage model, i was shocked, if it comes out anywhere close to that, then i wudnt mind being an egomaniac again... heheh

-D.Payne-

Adept
Apr 9, 2007
www.greatdrivingchallenge.com
Rave said:
but have u seen the new nfs hd trailer? from then intro, its again gonna be a 2f2f styled theme to the game, but the damage model, i was shocked, if it comes out anywhere close to that, then i wudnt mind being an egomaniac again... heheh

FWIW, the graphics are truly stunning in that trailer and the screenshots on the site. Almost lifelike in daylight, wow.

(crosses fingers)

Payne

kauzy

Skilled
Jul 9, 2005
just got hold of this news....

I just want to tell you that the game is now in ALPHA stage and it almost surely should be presented this summer at Los Angeles. I know, that we did not reveal much about the game at January as we were supposed to, but I did warn you that things in EA often change. I think that you very well know yourself from waiting for the demo of Carbon as a PC user for ages. Sorry about that. Its a issue you have to espouse. All the images that will probably pop-up on the internet the next few months and will be claiming that they are from NFS11 should be ignored, because they will be on 99% a hoax. Until we release any or rather until the game will be shown, please take those „screenshots" with a step back.I hope the long waiting for the next NFS will be for you worth it. EA is this time working really hard, trust me.You will be happy when you see all the new key features of the new title this summer. As always, be patient…

I'm patient.... I'm patient... I'm patient.... I'm patient :D :D :D