New Rig 50K

Well Almost a month down the line and i have my Rig up an running, and as I promised i will be posting pics but first here are the Specs as well as the Prices for people to compare.

My Personal Computer

Processor – AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE – 4550
Hard Disk – Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB (ST31000524AS) – 2700
Motherboard – Biostar TA890GXE (ver 5.2 only) (Micro ATX) – 6277
RAM – CORSAIR XMS3 CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 – 2700
ODD – L.G. GH22NS50 OEM SATA DVD-Writer – 1050
PSU – Antec TruePower New 650w – 6534
Monitor – VIEWSONIC VX2250wm 22” – 8767
Keyboard – TVS Gold Mechanical Keyboard – 200
Mouse – Logitech MX518 – 1350
Cabinet – NZXT Phantom White – 8500
Fan Controller – NZXT Sentry LX – 3670
CPU Cooler – Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus (RR-B10-212P-G1) – 1950

P.S.:- Future Additions include GPU, Cooling Solutions whilst OC’ing
Total Damages come upto 49,248/-, Didn't add a GPU now, have kept that for a few months down the line, My proccy unlocked to become a Quadcore, and all the 4 cores are running stable and solid.

In the end very happy with my Rig, will post the pics later.

Cheers !!

^ dont listen to his crap, you wouldn't have got a SB processor for Rs. 4550..

Overall good system, although I dunno if u checked if this mobo is compatible with AM3+ processors(you should have checked with us)

How's the monitor? Many complain of ViewSonic.

And what keyboard is that? My last TVS keyboard left me with a sting on my finger, no really.

And do ask us before you buy your GPU...puhleez

Overall, since it's running quad and stable, I'l say good rig.

The motherboard is rock solid, It's one hell of a Motherboard for OCng, Believe it or not, my Proccy was unlocked with the first click of the keyboard, that's how easy it was with Bio Unlocking, the first time boot up the rig, it asks me whether i want to unock the extra core and if yes then press F3, after unlocking it it asked whether i want to unlock the 4th core and if yes then press F4, that's how F**ing easy was that, i had all my cores unlocked from the very first run, windows install was a breeze, literally only took me 15 mins. it's a very solid board with a very very strong build qualty, and a very good 4 + 1 phase.

No it doesn't support AM3+ and i didn't intend to buy one either, as was stated in the discussion earlier, The Keyboard is a mechanical keyboard from TVS, lot's of the foreign peeps import this keyboard, but we peeps here are so foolish, we will spend 4.4k for a crap bild quality Razer mechanical keyboard, which is not even close to what this keyboard Is, You have to try it to know what it is.

Lots of people at various other forums have been able to OC upto 4 Ghz with the hyper 212+ cooler, i have done a mild OC to 3.5Ghz and it is stable as anything, No BSOD till now. Everything is working well and good. 4550 for a quad core proccy going stable while Oc'ng, are u kidding me, I couldn't have asked for more.

LED monitor is also very nice as for asthetics, it's uber slim and really lightweight, performance wise, it has really nice contrast and color balance right out of the box, would recommend it to anyone looking for a 22" monitor. Will post pics so you can see what i am talking about

PSU is also rock solid, no ripple and excellent votage regulation uptil now, has been holding up my mild OC very nicely.

^ dont listen to his crap

mind your language you dip**** :mad:

@OP

Did you buy phenom II 555 BE for your temporary rig? Some few days back you told me that you just want to build a temporary usage rig and you would put the mobo+CPU+ram in the old rig once you would build a powerful gaming rig in the month of June... So did you just drop the idea of building a rig in the month of June and gone straight off with a phenom II rig or you just bought the phenom II along with mobo for your temporary rig?

yup it's a temporary rig for a few months, till the air is clear over the new BD proccy's and new intel Proccy's. i told earlier as well that i won't be able to wait 2 or 3 months, i needed to build the PC at the earliest and building it within the last month was my target, i have shifted to a new place and a PC was very essential for my livelihood.

For me VFM is a big deal and i try my level best to buy products which are the most VFM, that's why had to ditch the cheaper Mobo's and proccy's for my present choice.

a full quad core phenom at 4.5k is awesome deal.
total value for money.:clap:
only thing you may get in 4.5k in intel camp is i guess core i3 first gen.
so definitely got value for your money.:eek:hyeah:
post your rig pic.s
would like to see that nzxt cabinet...:p

:)

Well it might be against the forum rules, so just to keep my promise I am posting 1 pic of the my RIG in this thread and for the rest of the pics i will make another thread in the respective section and post the linkback here. hope you guys will check that out as well. So just for keeping my promise sakes here's a pic of the Inside.

116l6xv.jpg

Will be updating my Rig continouously and the list for updates is a long one, including WC, GPU's, BD and a new Mobo and so on and so forth, with updates on my regular tinkering with OC and other problems included, updates on the components and services provided in case I run into trouble and respective response by various companies, distirbutors and dealers, Provided if i face so.

I hope it to be a good entertaining thread !!!

Cheers !!

Back