New Airtel Broadband Plans

I'm currently on a Rs. 799/- 512kbps FU plan on Airtel. I download 100GB+ every month, and haven't been a victim of FUP ever.

Will it be wise to fall for such failtel 2Mbps plans and put things to risk?

[attachment=8264:14595.attach]

Ok question here, isn't FUP a TRAI norm? because I'm pretty sure that Reliance or TATA used to have it (I saw it on a brochure but that was almost 1 year back or more).

I think there is a 9 missing in that last 4Mbps plan. I guess it would be more like 4Mbps with 150GB FUP for 2999/- considering 2Mbps with 150GB FUP is for 1999/-

quixand said:
Ok question here, isn't FUP a TRAI norm? because I'm pretty sure that Reliance or TATA used to have it (I saw it on a brochure but that was almost 1 year back or more).
FUP isn't a TRAI 'norm'. TRAI infact makes no mention of it. It is these providers who are fooling customers telling them that TRAI has mandated them to put a FUP

I get capped every month on Airtel and I'm paying so much. These plans really won't solve the problem. The problem lies in their pre-historic FUP policy.

^^ Nah it isn't I got the plan brochure.

Its known as Turbo 150GB ---- Rs 2099 per month +taxes.

If u pay 5 mnths in advance 1 mnth is free

If paid 10 months....2 mnth is free.

So its Rs 20990/- for a year ...comes to arnd 1750 +taxes for 4 Mbps till 150GB, 256k thereafter.

I don't need so much bandwidth. If I get 25GB per month on 1MBPs Im happy, after that it's 512KBps more than enough. But AIRTEL cuts me off at 10GB FUP!

Lord Nemesis said:
I think there is a 9 missing in that last 4Mbps plan. I guess it would be more like 4Mbps with 150GB FUP for 2999/- considering 2Mbps with 150GB FUP is for 1999/-

You are right 4mbps with 150GB fup is 2999

Reading this thread, and other threads related to Airtel -- these things confuse me:

1. How come some plans are used by people but not even listed.

2. Retailers lie that FUP is TRAI mandatory OR unlimited is not allowed. (I was told this).

3. Some users never get FUP caps, some do.

4. WTF is happening. :)

If ISPs are "fooling" customers by saying that FUP is a TRAI norm then why isn't there a law suit? Or is there? Or are all the good laywers already working for them ISPs ? :p

Nope, I confirmed, 4 Mbps 150 GB is 2099. Even till a few months back, 2 MBps 40 GB was 1699 and 4 Mbps 50 GB was 1799. So 4 Mbps 150 GB is 2099 now and that is about right considering Airtel's strategies.

Yeah, Hyderabad is very lucky that way. And if you hit their FUP, you can make a payment of x amount to get your speed restored till the end of the month. Buying more GeeBees is great.

Need a new connection
was thinking of this one 4 Mbps upto 150GB, 256k UL thereafter--- 2099 p/m

Don't need 4mbps but i need the bandwidth , are there any better alternatives in bangalore.

^^ Take the 2 Mbps 150GB , after that 256k one for 1999 p/m otherwise. Also 4 Mbps plans are not feasible in all areas. So first check up with Airtel

I was checking Airtel plans for Kerala & I'm not able to find a single Unlimited plan (with FUP). All I can see are plans with Bill Caps.

Back