New Airtel Broadband Plans

Supra

Skilled
A few hours ago an Airtel executive called me and was very excited abt new plans being launched today by Airtel :p

Few Plans :

2 Mbps upto 150GB , 256k thereafter --- Rs 1999 per month
2 Mbps upto 75GB, 256k UL thereafter --- Rs 1599 p/m
2 Mbps upto 30GB, 256k UL thereafter --- Rs 1299 p/m
2 Mbps utp 10GB , 256k UL thereafter --- Rs 999 p/m

Still not finalized 4 Mbps Plans : ( might change)

4 Mbps upto 30GB, 256k UL thereafter-----1399 p/m
4 Mbps upto 75GB, 256k UL thereafter---- 1799 p/m
4 Mbps upto 150GB, 256k UL thereafter--- 2099 p/m

The last 4 Mbps plan is mouth watering :D
Finally something to cheer from Failtel :D

Installation/activation free if one month rental paid in advance
1 mnth free if 5 mnths paid in advance
2 mnths free if 10 mnths paid in advance

What's the obsession of pegging the speeds to 256kbps..?

Just cuz the Govt defines the broadband at that speed, they are taking full advantage. Managing 512kbps capped shouldnt have been too difficult.

Wonder if ever this company will get unltd plans out Ever..!

ROTFL! 1799 with 75GB FUP? No offense, but that hardly sounds like a tempting offer. I can cross that amount of download in under a week on my current 1333UL MTNL plan and that too, WITHOUT FUP. Sundays download alone would rope me in around 22GB. :p

Do they even know that how a person would feel after crossing the FUP limit? A downgrade from 4Mbps to direct 256Kbps... These are just BS plans... Why can't they introduce better plans than MTNL? I am sure they introduced these new plans after realising that they have lost a lot of customers due to strict FUP policy... If i were an Airtel CEO i would have introduced the following plans :p

1Mbps (75GB FUP, 512kbps thereafter) = Rs. 999

2Mbps (150GB FUP, 1mbps thereafter) = Rs. 1499

Dude one correction

the 2MBps 10GB FU plan cost is 899 only...

I got a call for Customer care Executive..

I had made a request for 1Mbps 799 Plan upgrade but he offered me this one..

These plans aren't great. ONLY because the after-FUP speed is 256k. If it was 512k, these plans would be brilliant. I can't stand 256k. My current BSNL plan is 4mbps upto 20GB and 512k after for like 1350 a month. And since I live right next to the exchange, those speeds aren't impossible.

there is not good abt these plans its still epic fail and failtel but only cheer for few as they have raised the fup a bit and dropped speed to half. and as all know airtel now a days caping torrents so even if they give non fup plan its hardly matter now. so nice thinking abt raising fup and reducing speed another classic example of failtel

Failtel wants to exploit as many users as they could... Introduction of high speeds are an indication that they have the capacity but sheer unwillingness to provide it to end user for a truly unlimited plan at affordable rate.. They will exploit users till the TRAI changes the min. speed of broadband...

A few people who tend to get the max speeds even after limit has been used 'coz of some problem at AIRTEL server/ settings will benefit though...

Only this one is feasible.

4 Mbps upto 150GB, 256k UL thereafter--- 2099 p/m

As usual, BB is still a premium commodity in India. And with the lobbyist nature + government nexus to rape the cash cow -- we still have to endure such price/service fixtures. Does Airtel have any 1Mbps fully unlimited with no FUP..?

asingh said:
Only this one is feasible.

As usual, BB is still a premium commodity in India. And with the lobbyist nature + government nexus to rape the cash cow -- we still have to endure such price/service fixtures. Does Airtel have any 1Mbps fully unlimited with no FUP..?

Exactly mate.

Nopes no plans without FUP and Faketel executives state that no providers give unltd plans without FUP. :|

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Supra said:
Why did u dump BSNL ? 1799 4 Mbps 50 GB FUP....that was atrocious I felt :p
Roomies:|. And no other providers available near our area with good service:(

Back