PC Peripherals Need your wisdom, having problem's with my new pc

The Sorcerer said:
0x0000009c usually comes for hardware issue. Use memtest 86+ to test the rams and hd tune's error scan. If you had a proper power supply, I would have suggested orthos to test the system stability @ default. But with this chances are high that the stress testing will be more than enough to stress your psu and damage the system further. Even if you change the psu now, that doesn't mean that the problem will get resolved since its damaged because of the extreme 500w. Which is why people stress on no extreme series but they seem to turn a blind eye- and they end up with such problems.

As of now- do the 2 things I have told you. Scrap the psu and get a good power supply Only after that use orthos and stress test the system for 5-6 hours to make sure other components are working properly. After that use this: rthdribl - Real-Time High Dynamic Range Image-Based Lighting 1.2 - to stress test your GC.

Interesting part is here we are- despite the best of advices given to you over here: http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/need-some-suggestions-136478.html, you decided to grab some other psu. And now- here you are. You learnt this wisdom which did cost you 20k- but you were unwise not to acknowledge that since we were the ones who have that learnt the hard way.

Moral of the story: When the good folks of TE said no extreme series- they really meant it. Prevention is better than cure- but some people are funny and learn this the hard way by themselves. FYI- you cant avail warranty if a product is burnt.

The suggestions u are talking about....well.....I could not get VIP Silver/gold......I bought it from the lynx store btw....from amarbir....he suggested me to buy that psu....and..

Amien said:
It's alright, get a CM EP 460W or so, that should suffice...

this post encouraged me to buy Cm extreme power plus 500W....

And I never came accross anyone saying ''dont buy cm extreme''.....Although Im not making any comment on the quality or how good that product really is....I just want to solve my problems....;)

^^ You can. Just google for it. Let me know the model number of the cm psu. Cm has a bad habit of playing musical chairs in the form of model numbers.

Can I get a simple-to-use software?....Wht do i do after downloading memtest 86....put it in a pendrive and try to boot from it?...well did that...nothing happened....i donot have a blank cd/dvd right now to test the iso image file.....please help me out

yaar shivam do u live in/near sector 18 by any means? u dont seem to have much info abt memtest n hardware. tough to explain.

shivamrockz07 said:
The suggestions u are talking about....well.....I could not get VIP Silver/gold......I bought it from the lynx store btw....from amarbir....he suggested me to buy that psu....and..

this post encouraged me to buy Cm extreme power plus 500W....

And I never came accross anyone saying ''dont buy cm extreme''.....Although Im not making any comment on the quality or how good that product really is....I just want to solve my problems....;)

True, he wanted something under 2k, the 460EP is fairly decent, while there are lots of horror stories about the 600W EP, as for the 500W, not much is known.
Link to original post:- http://www.techenclave.com/1146389-post48.html

I never knew coolermaster has extreme and extreme power plus series. I always thought extreme power series includes psu labelled extreme power plus and avoided these. are cm epp okay?

memtest86+ is definitely the best alternative, but if u use vista(It might be applicable to xp too, i dunno) you could press F8 at startup, select repair and select windows memory diagnostic. Select good options by selecting some function key, would be displayed at the bottom of the screen. You could also do this from vista install dvd by selecting repair and then windows memory diagnostic.

I always preferred memtest86+ for checking memory. By the way if you have ubuntu or some other linux install cd, it most probably would include memtest. Check it.

first do the memtest.. bt a new smps is definately suggested.. :) first take care of one problem then worry abt the other.. and while i would agree with most people tht the cm series should not be used on high end configs with your config it shouldnt pose ne problems.. i used a CM 600 fr close to 8 months on my Q6600 and HD 4850 config without any issues wtsoever.. might be that i was lucky bt its still no reason to sell of ur psu just yet.. test fr other problems first.. :)

haraakiri said:
I never knew coolermaster has extreme and extreme power plus series.

FYI- they have model numbers under the series as well. It matters here since they will either be with an active pfc, passive pfc or no pfc. Maybe the technical specs of each model number under a watt rating and series is different as well which ads to the confusion. There is a model under coolermaster extreme plus 500w which has no pfc.

I downloaded the latest drivers from ati...installed them....and hibernated my pc....turned it on...all went well....to be sure i again hibernated and turned on my pc....everything went well again....well I dunno if the prob is solved......whether i will get the blue screen again...but for now i think its solved.....but you all told be it cauz of a hardware prob....dunno wht to do now....

it might b that your bios might need an update .Take the serial no from your processor ka box and send a mail to the respective companies service center and ask for update

wtf....it happened again....but this time their was a difference in the error code.....0x8054E5F0 in place of 0xBA33C050....(n i thought my prob was solved)

nt sure abt this.. bt a google serach shows its a machine check exception.. i would say u need to check ur mobo frm problems.. bt i could be waayyy off here.. :ashamed: hopefully some of the experts would be more help :S

yeahh....but where r they?

and btw the blue screen of death only comes when i try to turn on after hibernation....so whatever i have written on my first page...ignore it....

Back