I have the following config:

Intel e5200
Asus Mobo P5NSLI
Corsair DDRII 1 GB x 2 800mhz
WD 640GB HDD
Hd 4670 I GB DDR3
500 W Coolermaster PS
E1909W Dell 19"

When the first time I ran NFS Carbon on my PC, After about 15 min my computer restarted :huh: ...I first thought that it cant be cauz of overheating :no: and the plug might be loose..so when i tried to switch it on...it would again restart after the windows logo...so I opened my cabby..and then I realized that my computer was restarting because of overheating..the mobo and gpu were really hot.:mad:

Another thing is that when I switch my computer on after hibernating, an error occurs on a blue screen..and I have to then reboot and delete restoration data to continue...:huh:

After turning my PC on, I thought that there may be some viruses in my comp that are causing it..(cauz i transferred some really important files from my lappy which had a few viruses :( ) And I ended some suspect full and unknown processes...again ran my carbon and everything went fine...the temperatures were normal....:)

And, SpeedFan is not able to detect the speed of my fans except the two 120mm fans I had put in....it just says 0 rpm in front of them :( ...i havent seen whether they actually are running or not.

The other day, After playing about 15 min of Carbon, My gpu got to around 54c...is this normal?...while everything else was cool....

Please help me....I haven't even started to run games that willl really test my gpu....and these problems have arisen

shivamrockz07 said:
500 W Coolermaster PS

Extreme?? If so here you go- the highly possible source of your problem.

But...

Before that, uninstall the ati driver and reinstall with the new drivers from the ati site and see if that makes any change. Did you note down the Stop! error code on the BSOD screen. If not and if you get it now, note down the code which starts with "0x000000...." and post it here. BSODs can happen either because of software/driver conflict or hardware issue. So we will have to see what could it be.

Even if you change to a better power supply, it is best if you some stress testing softwares to make sure that the old psu didnt damage the existing components. I wouldn't recommend stress testing on cm extreme series psu. Recommendation of the psu is based on the budget you have.

54 degrees is not hot- its warm. Besides it is within acceptable limits.

Yeahh...Its extreme...unfortunately...I m not at home right now so Im not able to note down the number...will surely do it...and one more thing....this pc is brand new (less than a week old)...

The blue screen thing also used to happen while playing games.....After posting here, I repaired my WIN Xp....Im not getting the blue screen now while doing anything but still get it while resuming from hibernation....and previously SisSandra lite wont run...now it does.....

^ then update to vista better fast and safe and secure it has dx 10 ready :D

cause vista has safe securtiy and lot of new service pack 2 fix :)

if its brand new i dounbt if its a heating issue. This usually happens if u dont dust your pc for a long time. Dust gets accumulated and the ur cpu or gpu gets heated. But 54C is normal. Its mostly a coz of your PSU

Try playing with side panel off.Looks like bad air circulation to me.Which PC case you have?Also post your temperatures.Your PSU is good enough for your configuration.

^^

the only problem now is while turning on my computer from hibernation...and I have Elite 330 Coolermaster....and i dont think thatz the problem...

no prob with cpu,gpu,hdd temp...just the blue screen.....and once or twice my monitor went blank while the pc was on.......and their is some power prob at my place...low voltage causes my pc tu turn of automatically....so please suggest me a reasonable ups...around 2k or rather less...

There is a good possibility that because of low voltage, PSU isn't able to provide sufficient current.This could be the source of problem.Get APC 600VA UPS.It will be sufficient.

The Sorcerer said:
^^ Which is why I asked you to put the Stop error code here. That will help you give some idea if its a software or a hardware issue.

Actually, I could have done it but Im not at my place right now....will only be able to do it later
And.....APC 600VA UPS.....how much will it cost me?

umm.. i seriously doubt a computer which has bsod's will be cuz of overheatting.. and if it is overheating the bios log(which is a feature in intel bios's.. nt sure abt asus ones.. :ashamed:) will show tht there was a proccy thermal trip and the system was shutdown.. other then tht.. its either a hardware problem or u just need to update ur drivers..

had similar problem in my cousin's system a few days ago.. in the end i ended changing the ram cuz it wouldn't work in other systems either.. it works flawlessly with the new ram.. :) he has an intel dg31pr mobo and core 2 duo e7300.. posting the error code will definately help :)

machie_check_exception
STOP : 0x0000009c(0x00000000,0xBA33C050,0xB2000040,0x00000800)

this is the Stop error code on the BSOD screen .......
reffered : shivamrockz07

Please help me out guys.....Yesterday a VPU recover occurred because of no response (while playing) to commands but nothing was needed to be closed......

This has never happened be4.....maybe once it happened be4 but im not quite sure

0x0000009c usually comes for hardware issue. Use memtest 86+ to test the rams and hd tune's error scan. If you had a proper power supply, I would have suggested orthos to test the system stability @ default. But with this chances are high that the stress testing will be more than enough to stress your psu and damage the system further. Even if you change the psu now, that doesn't mean that the problem will get resolved since its damaged because of the extreme 500w. Which is why people stress on no extreme series but they seem to turn a blind eye- and they end up with such problems.

As of now- do the 2 things I have told you. Scrap the psu and get a good power supply Only after that use orthos and stress test the system for 5-6 hours to make sure other components are working properly. After that use this: rthdribl - Real-Time High Dynamic Range Image-Based Lighting 1.2 - to stress test your GC.

Interesting part is here we are- despite the best of advices given to you over here: http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/need-some-suggestions-136478.html, you decided to grab some other psu. And now- here you are. You learnt this wisdom which did cost you 20k- but you were unwise not to acknowledge that since we were the ones who have that learnt the hard way.

Moral of the story: When the good folks of TE said no extreme series- they really meant it. Prevention is better than cure- but some people are funny and learn this the hard way by themselves. FYI- you cant avail warranty if a product is burnt.

Back