Need feedback on my new business cards

We know how to take care of things. If we wanted to close it we would have closed it. If you want to know how this is advertising then I am sorry, we didn't bother to ask the people who reported your thread. I am not responsible for your disappointed-by-offended-with. What bottle posted is the most logical conclusion from the user reports. It would have been great if you had taken it in the right spirit instead of biting back.

@6pack and PiXeLpUsHeR: I am a 4th year Graphic Design student.... I am in no way a n00b at printing, I have studied printing techniques and get a LOT of stuff printed for projects. So it goes without saying that I wouldn't ever use a huge black patch or so many colors if I was going for screen printing. Neither will I use digital printing for a large quantity because it is expensive and doesn't always give satisfactory print quality.

I hope this will help you clearly understand what I suggested earlier with my explanation of yellow being washed out. I apologize as I should have realized that being a 4th year student I could have been more technical with you so..... I mean specifically that the combination of colors, highlighting and font you used for presenting your business card design is hard to read and therefore lacks the visual impact it should have while the text completely washes out due to lack of contrasting colors. :bleh: :rofl:

@pixelpusher: haha OK :p

If you are honestly a 4th year student you should be able to understand when someone says that something doesn't read well. I mentioned the yellow because the brightness of the yellow with the white washed out too much, but this is an overall readability issue concerning the colors you used for presenting the text to be read by others.

If you are honestly a graphic designer, you should be able to use the right terms in the right places. :p I understand what it means when something doesn't read well. Plain yellow backgrounds do not need to read well; the text on top of them does. This is what I've been arguing since the beginning of the thread.

I hope this will help you clearly understand what I suggested earlier with my explanation of yellow being washed out. I apologize as I should have realized that being a 4th year student I could have been more technical with you so..... I mean specifically that the combination of colors, highlighting and font you used for presenting your business card design is hard to read and therefore lacks the visual impact it should have while the text completely washes out due to lack of contrasting colors.

The readability is is quite OK. I tried printing the card with both 100K and rich black instead of the brown on yellow, tested the three combinations for readability with about 45 people after getting test prints. People could read each one equally well. I personally find the brown one more appealing visually, so will be using that.

Anyway I do not wish to argue over technicalities anymore. The files have gone to press already. Thanks to everyone for their feedback! I appreciate it. :)

I think perhaps this is a language or perhaps a colloquialism thing going on here. When one says that something does not read well in graphics in the USA, it does not necessarily mean words or text. I meant that the card as a whole did not read well visually to me, so I was not being specific to the text, but the colors. Sorry if it did not seem clear but I am glad that you have figured out what you wanted. :D

Back