Need an app like teamviewer which works on LAN without Internet

mjumrani

Skilled
Hey guys

My dad's laptop, my brother's PC an my PC are connected through one router.

Now I need a software which can allow me remote access with full control over the other systems from my PC on LAN without using Internet.

Does such a thing exist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Team viewer works on lan also...

U hav to change some setting to for it to work over LAN,

And it showed ur id as ur internal IP address...

I had used it myself few months back...

If you dont wanna install anything new, just use the inbuilt Remote Desktop from windows.

On the comp which you wanna access remotely: My computer > right-click properties > Remote settings > under remote desktop select either of the "allow connections" option

One the comp from which you want to connect to the remote PC: start > run > mstsc > type in the IP address and connect > Login using user name of the remote PC

Options:

1. Use VNC. it will need the client to be installed on each machine, I believe.

2. Use Team Viewer. For each machine you will need to setup the unattended setup + change some configs

3. If all the machines are Windows, then RDP or Remote Desktop Protocol is the best solution. Only need is that the user should have a password (this too can be worked around)

TV, for sure works just on LAN. I am using it. In settings, you can set Incoming LAN connections = accept. And you can set the manual proxy to: Your routers IP/port = 5900. This way if there is connected net, it will use that, else the LAN of the wifi net. Set up unattended access on all machines.

You should try UltraVNC or any other VNC application.

I have used it numerous time on LAN for Remote Desktop Access and it works very good.

I can help you configure it if you want. You will need to start VNC Server on Remote PC, set it up. (Set a password, wallpaper option etc.) and start VNC Viewer on your PC. Just connect to LAN IP address of the remote PC. If you can ping the remote PC then you can easily use VNC for it. VNC server can be installed as service, to start on boot and allow you uninterrupted access.
<

Can't seem to use mstsc to access the systems.

Also my brothers pc can access my pc through LAN on TV but I can't access his...
<

Also my brothers pc can access my pc through LAN on TV but I can't access his...
<

VNC is the lightest option...u should go for it..Paticularly if there are multiple users using the pc.its a < 1 MB setup file.Typical next next installation..

<

Have you setup your router's IP as the proxy in the TV settings on each system. Like I had mentioned before.

Back