Need an app like teamviewer which works on LAN without Internet

OT - but is there any software for blackberry that i can use to access vnc. free hopefully.

using real vnc on the pc and blackberry 9900

Can't seem to use mstsc to access the systems.

Also my brothers pc can access my pc through LAN on TV but I can't access his...
<

Can't seem to use mstsc to access the systems.

Also my brothers pc can access my pc through LAN on TV but I can't access his...
<

hi mjumrani.. first of all, if you are windows 7 , then theres permissions and security stuff that need to be configured.. if you are using windows xp, then everything should work normally provided that your computer is set to allow remote connections from other pcs.

if you are using windows xp then

you will get this option from Control Panel >>> System >>> Remote tab on the top.. then check the allow remote connections option.\

then this is the full syntax for the command.

go to start>>>run then type

mstsc -v ipaddress or computer name.. for eg. mstsc -v 192.168.1.2 or mstsc -v puneet --------------->>>where puneet is the computer name.. if this doesnt work then lemme know..

hi mjumrani.. first of all, if you are windows 7 , then theres permissions and security stuff that need to be configured.. if you are using windows xp, then everything should work normally provided that your computer is set to allow remote connections from other pcs.

if you are using windows xp then

you will get this option from Control Panel >>> System >>> Remote tab on the top.. then check the allow remote connections option.\

then this is the full syntax for the command.

go to start>>>run then type

mstsc -v ipaddress or computer name.. for eg. mstsc -v 192.168.1.2 or mstsc -v puneet --------------->>>where puneet is the computer name.. if this doesnt work then lemme know..

Im on Windows Seven. Mstsc is asking for a password which neither PC has
<

Im on Windows Seven. Mstsc is asking for a password which neither PC has
<

You need a password for the account through which you're gonna login into the remote PC. its one of the shittiest features in windows ever since XP-SP2. Just use a single character password, it works too

You need a password for the account through which you're gonna login into the remote PC. its one of the shittiest features in windows ever since XP-SP2.

#mjumrani

Not mandatory.

You can disable blank password restrictions by using a policy. To locate and change this policy:
  • Click Start, point to Run, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK to start the Group Policy Editor.
  • Open Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only.
  • Double-click Limit local account use of blank passwords to consol logon only.
  • Click Disabled, and then click OK.
  • Quit Group Policy Editor.

#mjumrani

Not mandatory.

You can disable blank password restrictions by using a policy. To locate and change this policy:
  • Click Start, point to Run, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK to start the Group Policy Editor.
  • Open Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only.

true. but i dont think this will still work on windows 7. i'd say this would work for windows xp but not for windows 7.. windows 7 is quite a bugger in these matters.. especially windows home basic edition.. atleast my ultimate edition allows access to a lot more tweak options than the basic edition..

#mjumrani

Not mandatory.

true. but i dont think this will still work on windows 7. i'd say this would work for windows xp but not for windows 7.. windows 7 is quite a bugger in these matters.. especially windows home basic edition.. atleast my ultimate edition allows access to a lot more tweak options than the basic edition..

I will check it out. Not so hopeful

Any clue how to get rid of those damn messages which say you don't have the permission to do some action. Please contact administrator. I AM THE BLOODY ADMINISTRATOR
<

#mjumrani, #puneetritehere

Windows 7 has this registry setting too. It should work.

btw, which screen exactly are you talking about, can you post the SS? I too am an admin but don't remember getting those alerts. You might want to check the UAC settings.

just turn off the UAC and disable windows defender service, windows firewall service (if you have an internet security program with its own firewall). i've got windows 7 ultimate, and i have turned off all these useless features (more like craptures, gotta come up with some word for these) and my windows 7 now visually looks like windows 98, doesnt bug me with permission windows, runs fast like a charm coz no processor usage for all those shiny translucent glass effects and transitions.. plus i've turned off all unnecessary services of windows which i dont require..

you can also tweak more registry options by either opening "regedit" and "gpedit.msc" and turn off useless services by running "services.msc".

#mjurmani Instead, do this:

Setup password on the other PC and use this option below to auto login when booting up. Then, when you need to do a RDP session, login using the password.

I am currently using this method to control my laptop.

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to launch the “Run†dialog box.
  • Type in control userpasswords2
  • Press Enter. The User Accounts window will display.
  • Uncheck the option “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computerâ€
  • Click “OKâ€
  • You will then be prompted to enter the current password and confirm it.
  • After doing so, you will no longer be prompted to enter your password upon login.

Back