Linux Need a program to do xyz task in GNU/Linux? Ask here!

Re: Need a program to do xxx task in GNU/Linux? Ask here!

^^ another good one is DeVeDe ...easy point and shoot interface.

AcetoneISO

AcetoneISO provides a great deal of disc image manipulation tools not found in the Gnome/KDE desktop. AcetoneISO can mount/unmount a variety of image formats (ISO, DMG, MDF, NRG, BIN, NRG), convert images, create, encrypt, and decrypt ISOs, play DVDs (with the required codecs installed), and much more. It is particularly useful for mounting proprietary formats found in Windows and Mac boot discs. AcetoneISO is a one-stop-shop for all of your CD/DVD image manipulation needs. AS extra feature it can also download videos from youtube:eek:hyeah:

Project Website: AcetoneISO Official Website

for extracting audio from cds - rubyripper. linux's alternative for eac(exact audio copy).great tool for accurate audio extraction with cd rom offset support.

Lovely thread idea, Gaurish!

I am curious to know if the Linux world has anything such as cics cPlay - the Windows based memory player.

Gaurish said:
100% Correct

I would request darky to correct this in 1st post:)
arvnd said:
Avidemux is another good video encoding tool. Handbrake's latest version (0.94) can encode only to h.264 (support for xvid/divx etc has been removed). I found WinFF a little crude and buggy. Avidemux was perfect.
Wrong I encode all the video using Handbrake in FFmpeg format, since my mobile doesn't support h.264. I am using the latest svn release since the 0.94 builds are not available due to conflicts with some gtk packages. :p

I'm in search for a software for File Transfer from my PC to Mobile(Nokia 5130XM) over BlueTooth for Ubuntu Lucid Lynx. Is there any s/w available which can help me achieve this with ease?

P.S. I've a Enter Bluetooth Dongle.

XTechManiac said:
I'm in search for a software for File Transfer from my PC to Mobile(Nokia 5130XM) over BlueTooth for Ubuntu Lucid Lynx. Is there any s/w available which can help me achieve this with ease?

Emm?? :ashamed:

XTechManiac said:

Do you really need a software for this?? This can be done easily with the provided interface. I use that.

krishnandu said:
Do you really need a software for this?? This can be done easily with the provided interface. I use that.

Provided interface? Where? :ashamed:

As you know I'm still in Linux newbie stage, it will be much better for me if you can throw some more light on how to do it.

prasanthsd said:
Are there any SQL front end admin tools like SQLYog. Other than PHPMyAdmin?
I know about tools which are mainly for mysql, not sure if there support for db as well. the list is:

1) MySQL Workbench

2) MySQl GUI Tools

3) Navicat - Its a commercial software, but a has free version as well.

Web based:

1) SQL Buddy

2) Adminer

Hope it helps

^^ there are lots of note take apps like evernote on linux ....plz mention some good ones.last time i initiated a search couldnt find anything good.
does evernote v3.5 (dotnet) or v3.1 work under linux using wine , crossover or anything ??

there are few articles titled linux equivalent of win apps...do update the main post with best ones

Yondaime said:
which software is best to edit a video, like say I want to fade some portions of the video, add some text ..etc?
Try OpenShot,kdenlive,prithvi,Avidemux,Cinelerra(quite complex) or LiVES. I use OpenShot & Kdenlive, works pretty well for my own use. so I suggest to try these two first

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

hA1d3R said:
^^ there are lots of note take apps like evernote on linux ....plz mention some good ones.last time i initiated a search couldnt find anything good.

does evernote v3.5 (dotnet) or v3.1 work under linux using wine , crossover or anything ??

there are few articles titled linux equivalent of win apps...do update the main post with best ones
I use KJots - works pretty well for me. dunno about others, since till not didn't feel that Kjots was lacking something. Only downside is its KDE application, so if you running gnome then you could try Tomboy notes

Gaurish said:
Try OpenShot,kdenlive,prithvi,Avidemux,Cinelerra(quite complex) or LiVES. I use OpenShot & Kdenlive, works pretty well for my own use. so I suggest to try these two first

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I use KJots - works pretty well for me. dunno about others, since till not didn't feel that Kjots was lacking something. Only downside is its KDE application, so if you running gnome then you could try Tomboy notes
I need a program to blur certain parts of the video but I am unable to do that with open shot :(

Back