My i-7 Gaming Rig :)

Hades. said:
I think u just spilled water on our effort... Go ahead and buy watever u want... i am done suggesting u things...:|
why :O :O everything is decided based upon ur recommendations. what u didn't like here ???

First of all buying a GTX460 is really not worth... and when did i suggest u to buy V2200 monitor? Are u on any earth saving contest :p? Jokes apart u shud buy G2220HD which is selling for 7.4k and u shud invest the rest of the money in a better graphic card like GTX560 or HD6950 1GB... Plus dont buy that WD green HDD its doesn't perform better than Seagate 7200.12 1TB drive.... And are u insane y do u wanna buy such a low end cabby for such a high end rig? Buy CM690...

Even the HT setup aint that good was reading reviews and i found this one to be better "Logitech Z506". Even i am going to buy a HT soon so was just reviewing the entry level options

sukant said:
Even the HT setup aint that good was reading reviews and i found this one to be better "Logitech Z506". Even i am going to buy a HT soon so was just reviewing the entry level options
I aint an expert in suggesting speakers so if he needs a really good speakers then he shud create a thread in audio solution section...

ohkk guys too much funmaking goin on here :p For d record : ive updated both my rig posts :) pls check again

and now ill be ready to frag anyone with my rail :D

nick_17in said:
guys thanks so much, ive finally updated and selected all the components, here i am copying my final config for my rig :

CPU : Intel Core i5 2500K, 3.3 GHz, Socket LGA 1155 : Rs 11600

GPU : MSI GTX 560 Twin Frozer II : Rs 15400

Display : Benq G2220HD : Rs 7400

Board : MSI P67A GD55 : Rs 9750

UPS : APC Back-UPS 1.1 KVA, 230 V : Rs 5445

Sound Card : Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI Sound Card : Rs 5035

Power Supply : Seasonic S12D 750w : Rs 6500

Speakers : Creative Inspire T6160 5.1 Channel : Rs 3400

Printer : HP 1050 All in one : Rs 3350

HDD : WD 1TB SATA Green : Rs 2850

Headset : Steelseries Siberia White Headset : Rs 2755

RAM : G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 (2x2 GB) : Rs 2500

Mouse : Razer Deathadder Black Edition : Rs 2100

Keyboard : Razer Arctosa : Rs 2000

CPU Fan : CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus : Rs 1850

Cabinet : CoolerMaster Elite 310 with side window (Red) : Rs 1840

DVD Writer : Sony 24x Dual Layer DVD Writer : Rs 1049

Mouse-Pad : Steelseries Qck Mini : Rs 499

TOTAL PRICE : RS 85,323 /- ONLY :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i think the above setup is a better performer than an alienware m17x anyday :D
Cut the Core i5 2500K as you will not overclock so why spend an extra grand on a non-functional feature you don't plan to use. Okay scrap this one but till when do you plan to wait to liquify your cooling sub-systems, that'll make this deal worth it or ditch-able.

@nick_17in

Dude i was not funmaking as u suggest , u can checkout reviews on few sites people recommend z506 over the ones u have mentioned , finally its upto u what u want to get ..

ALPHA17 said:
Cut the Core i5 2500K as you will not overclock so why spend an extra grand on a non-functional feature you don't plan to use. Okay scrap this one but till when do you plan to wait to liquify your cooling sub-systems, that'll make this deal worth it or ditch-able.
As ive mentioned the 2500k, ive changed my mind, so ill be overclocking my system.

Liquification will happen as soon as i plan to overclock and bridge another GTX with the existing one (dat will happen within 2 months). The next gtx will be the 580 model :D

sukant said:
@nick_17in

Dude i was not funmaking as u suggest , u can checkout reviews on few sites people recommend z506 over the ones u have mentioned , finally its upto u what u want to get ..
buddy u got it wrong, i was not responding to u as u thought. i was responding to hades and darkangel. anyway thanks for suggesting but ive selected my components; speakers dont worry me much coz they'r just a formality, m an avid gamer and i need just a sound card and my headphones for audible purposes. Ive a bose hometheater at my lab which i use for watching hd movies and listening music :)

dude the cm elite 310 is a bad idea. it has bad airflow and very little moving space for the graphics card. better go with NZXT gamma. just 200rs extra man. trust me cm elite for such a good system is not good:)

even with a cpu cooler the system is bound to get hot during gaming...

mrcool63 said:
dude the cm elite 310 is a bad idea. it has bad airflow and very little moving space for the graphics card. better go with NZXT gamma. just 200rs extra man. trust me cm elite for such a good system is not good:)
thankyou i'll consider ur advice, i myself was thinking of others but they were overshooting my budget, i was thinking of CM690 but its too overpriced, i dont knw why i was hesitant of considering other brands, well thanks ill check out NZXT gamma :)

Guys its just a question dats been asked too fast, but i wud like ur opinions on liquid cooling. ill be liquifying my system after 2 months, ive heard about Corsair H70 and CoolIT Vantage. what do u guys say, which one beats more ?? Secondly are they easily available in Delhi or i have to buy online. ??

h70 is comparable to noctua nh-d14. better buy that instead of h70. custom liquid cooling is better than buying a complete cooling set. CoolIT is hard to find in india. very few have it.

hmm even if you are not overclocking you should take the core i5-2500k as it has great potential in overclocking(4.0-4.5ghz!) and by buying a 2500 you are only saving yourself around 1-1.5k and thats not worth it.

Back