Graphic Cards My 9600GT not performing as expected EDIT: Card is fake!

modded bios and probably modded drivers.

Why the hell you are using 163.91 drivers.

Do one thing, download latest drivers from nvidia.com or guru3d.com

Install those and also download GPUz 3.6 and submit the validation and post the link here as well and show it to the shop (it will look something like this techPowerUp GPU-Z Validation hrdne , now this is my card so obviously it says HD 5800 series ).

blackbird said:
this is sad, reputed shop cheating or being cheated itself ??? i think the shop guy knew , raxy post some pics of your card if you could and also find the bill ,its important you do

the shop guy him self was cheated me thinks...

Man, I was there at SMC once and I asked him how can cost to cost give such low quotes whereas you cant. Gurpreet there told me how everyone in Nehru Place especially Cost to Cost get one or the other chinese stuff and sell it to noobs who dont understand the details They quote less on Procy etc and earn from the chini maal in a total deal.

At that time I thought he is bluffing but now I totally agree with him. The original price of this stuff must have been like 1K and he charged you 4.2. So that ways he woould have given you huge discounts on other stuff. And there is no way in hell that he does'nt understands that he is selling fake stuff.
Any ways best of luck. May you get justice and truth prevails!!

NP dealers and some dealers at LR have been known for such shit with gpus and cpus too, in the olden days.

Didn't think this would happen in these times- seriously scares me. :(

sad.....piece of trash..packed in pink.:(

Ask for a refund, get the bill.....but i doubt it coz the dealer must be knowing about it for sure.

raxy said:
ok i know what u mean dude but believe me theres only geforce written on the box.

Front:-

img1682s.jpg

Back:-

img1683wn.jpg

Lol I dont know how to the veterans failed to spot it but its clearly a fake seeing from the box itself.

Notice how AGP/PCI/PCIE and the memory sizes are stacked together. Its a total faker. You can even sue C2C for this :p

Also notice, box no where says its 9600gt. It just says Nvidia FX

Its not 9600 , its FX(probably 5xxx series)....

i once used them long way back.....

& also when do we found a 9600 with G84 chip(8600 chip) with only 128 mb memory...

clock speed is also low...

anyone can tell it its fake...

now I think either the dealer f****** U or he doesn't have the idea...

anyway find the bill & go to the dealer...

or check service center...

i had recently made a list of possible dealers to avoid in lamington road who sell fake stuff -- after some friends were conned.

2 yrs back when i went to buy my 8800gt - no one had it in any shop for week after its launch.

prompt computers below xplore(b4 it moved out) said he could get it and this is what i saw--photos have been taken on my old SE w200i vga camera

possible cases of fake hardware being sold here:

prompt computers(fake hardware galore)

plug and play

the shop right beside mahavir electronics---sorry dnot remember the name

pc guide did get me fake transcend casings

cassette world loads of fake hardware if ur unsuspecting and if there's a crowd in the shop.

there are 3--4 shops towards prime abgb on the lamington police station side below those motherboard repair centers that deal extensively in fake hardware.

you get netbooks without any branding for 12k with everything that an acer aspire one can offer u @ 3 months warranty and build quality like a cheap soap case.

please stay away from graphic cards with these brands stamped on it ::

horizon

manli

lesson to remember::: always buy cards from known brands -asus/gigabyte/sapphire/powercolor/xfx/palit/gainward/his/msi/

that way you know its genuine and even if you get a better deal elsewhere on some unknown brand don't be buy it.spend some more cash to get yourself a good,branded card.

go to the dealer and ask for a duplicate copy of the bill if you have not notified him about this issue yet.

reason for duplicate bill can be... you lost bill and you/your dad needs it for income tax rebate.. and he will be 'happy' to help you.

once you have the bill, you can file a complaint with police and consumer forum.. do not let this go. Inform nVidia... and whenever i go to LR...i'm gonna be searching for these stuff and will try my best to expose these people.

raxy said:
ok i know what u mean dude but believe me theres only geforce written on the box.

Front:-
img1682s.jpg

Back:-
img1683wn.jpg

That's a GeForceFX series(the GeForce 5000 series) box!!!

raxy said:
ok here is gpu-z screenshot

img1688j.jpg

It's definitely a 8600GT M which has 16 shaders instead of 32(mobile versions have half)

raxy said:
but how come its name is 9600gt??

NiBiTor - It's possible...

rajan1311 said:
dude F*** the bill, just go tell them at least !! Take a few guys from here if you want, find out who is selling this stuff and where it originated from.. Do understand, even the dealer is cheated, so he will take interest.
If the shopkeeper refuses, u noe what to do....:hap2:

and write to nVidia, they have to know about this fake GPU selling...

blackbird said:
this is sad, reputed shop cheating or being cheated itself ??? i think the shop guy knew , raxy post some pics of your card if you could and also find the bill ,its important you do

these bigger and heavy crowded shop like cost to cost never being cheated they know what the hack they are selling. Firstly whenever a customer like RAXY(i.e. new to computer facts and don1t know to much about brandings) goes to the shop and ask them for the desired product he needed but without brand name then the shopkeeper or the person working there shows the product which he knows fake but gives more profit than the original one. If the customer knows what the shopkeeper is showing him then he will refuse and asks him about the branded one(if the customer knows) and they will refuse because they never sells the product which has low profit(i.e. cost to cost never sells corsair PSU).
The shops like this knows only one thing that If a a customer after knowing that he has been cheated and when he approaches to the shop for notifying them then they pay the customer back his money because they know that this is the only one case in 100 and the other 99 dont know what the hack they have been purchased from them.
Here i am asking about only male genders because girls never goes alone there to purchase something most probably they are with someone who purchases for them:eek:hyeah::D:eek:hyeah:. AS I SEE THERE:eek:hyeah:

So @raxy go there and tell them that they are selling fake product and also tell them that you tried to register it online but unable to register it because it is fake. And if they don`t pay you or give you the desired product then give them only one warning of going to customer court.

And lastly first go to the shop and ask them for the duplicate bill.:)

i have seen these cards at C2C and they are fake, sorry to hear that you got cheated :( if you have no bill i think you will not be able to do anything but if you can get the bill i will recommend you to contact some lawyer or mail nvidia who can take BIG actions and can give a refund of a lot more than the price of the card so these shops can get a good lesson, BC C2C ! i hope u will get everything resolved :)

btw till now i have bought two products from c2c, one 8400gs in 2007 which failed after 3 months only and i had to wait like almost 1 month to get a new one from rashi and lastest i bought a samsung dvdrw which also failed within 1 month and i got it back after 10 days :/ (i know this is just by-chance but i dont trust C2C now)

east or west CE is the best :>

Edit: and all those who are saying that there is chance that c2c is getting cheated by them, imo it is totally wrong bcoz most dealers always know what they are selling.

H_D said:
i have seen these cards at C2C and they are fake, sorry to hear that you got cheated :( if you have no bill i think you will not be able to do anything but if you can get the bill i will recommend you to contact some lawyer or mail nvidia who can take BIG actions and can give a refund of a lot more than the price of the card so these shops can get a good lesson, BC C2C ! i hope u will get everything resolved :)

btw till now i have bought two products from c2c, one 8400gs in 2007 which failed after 3 months only and i had to wait like almost 1 month to get a new one from rashi and lastest i bought a samsung dvdrw which also failed within 1 month and i got it back after 10 days :/ (i know this is just by-chance but i dont trust C2C now)

east or west CE is the best :>

Edit: and all those who are saying that there is chance that c2c is getting cheated by them, imo it is totally wrong bcoz most dealers always know what they are selling.
You are right they always know what they are selling.

And BTW computer empire also a bad shop. Although they dont sel fake products but they are worst in providing service.

sunny27 said:
please stay away from graphic cards with these brands stamped on it ::
horizon
manli

~1 yr back i did get a manli gfx card , afaik it was a 86XX series. I guess i got lucky since it did everything it had to do.

manli is atleast branded. We eve had a IC on the forum for those:
http://www.techenclave.com/closed-deals/nvdia-ati-brand-graphics-cards-manli-138142.html

here i found the post back then :

http://www.techenclave.com/975812-post724.html

surprisingly its still working and plays everything including GRID :O

comp@ddict said:
It's definitely a 8600GT M which has 16 shaders instead of 32(mobile versions have half)

i have an 8600 M GT on my dell XPS M1530. Its a DDR3 version and has 32 shaders for sure. Other than the cud down core clock [475 instead of 540] everythin else is same as the desktop one. Neverthless it easily oced to 680Mhz core stable.
:D

But most other M GT has cut down cores, like the 9600M GT which has a mere 32 shaders while the real 9600GT has 96 and 9600GS has 64.

Back