Graphic Cards My 9600GT not performing as expected EDIT: Card is fake!

I have never seen a 128mb memory size in a card for a long time now. There is something definitely wrong with that card. Sorry I dont have much of an idea as far as nvidia goes, but from what i can see there is something definitely wrong with the memory numbers.

mav2000 said:
This is what it should be:

nV News - EVGA e-GeForce 9600 GT SSC Review - Page 1 of 9

check at the bottom of the page. From what I see the minimum should be 512mb of vram, the pixel fill rates and texture fill rates are incomparable. And I guess the lower clocks are due to underclocking in 2d mode??

Its a clear case of fraud if you ask me. But let guys with more knowledge of Nvidia speak up.

i think you are right, well i am new to pc gaming and dont know much abt graphics cards........but its name is 9600gt. how can i convince the dealer that its fake??

Its pretty clear its fake , 9600GT is a G94 chipset , you have a G84M chipset , it is most probably a mobile 8600/8400 that you have .

You are most certainly entitled to a refund , this is cheating under broad daylight . Go to the shop as soon as you can and tell him to refund your money / replace the card . Also take pictures of the card and inform nvidia about it .

manu1991 said:
Its pretty clear its fake , 9600GT is a G94 chipset , you have a G84M chipset , which is most probably a mobile 8600/8400 that you have .

but how come its name is 9600gt??

^ Hmm depends on the dealer. Either the dealer himself is unaware of the fact that he is selling fake cards(unlikely) but then incase he is a reputed dealer ,might help you out.Still try finding the bill.

And the card indeed looks like a mobile chip .from the G84M series.Could be 8600M GS/8700M GT/9500M GS/9650M GS/8600M GT.

These chinese people are insane , turn a mobile GFX chip into a fake desktop card. Wonder if it's even possible. :S.

raxy said:
ok here is gpu-z screenshot

img1688j.jpg

dude wtf that is not a 9600GT, return it ! The specs look like an 8400GS (64 bit and 16 shaders)

raxy said:
but how come its name is 9600gt??

thats not hard to change by the manufacturer .....

raxy said:
ok....but i have lost my bill.......

dude F*** the bill, just go tell them at least !! Take a few guys from here if you want, find out who is selling this stuff and where it originated from.. Do understand, even the dealer is cheated, so he will take interest.

thanks guys i really appreciate your help, i have made up my mind i am going to replace/refund the card on monday.

dOm1naTOr said:
its a low end GPU with moded BIOS. First of all, go to she shop and tell them the facts and say u can provide solid proof its fake.

ok i will do exactly that thnks for the help:)

this is sad, reputed shop cheating or being cheated itself ??? i think the shop guy knew , raxy post some pics of your card if you could and also find the bill ,its important you do

Definitely daylight robbery with modded BIOS to show low end 8xxx series card as 9600GT. Go to the dealer with some friends and talk in high voice. I am sure dealer sold this card intentionally to rip noobs (Bakras) like OP.

Wow , the GPUZ screenshots clearly indicates that its not a 9600gt but 8600gt or 8600gts . How come u lost the bill , when did u purchase it ?
Looks like the bios has been flashed , tell the dealer about the flashed bios and ask him which company provides warranty for the card . Be a little firm with him , i think he knows it is fake since no name is written on the box .

Back