Audio MX5021 Cracking sound at 60% volume

Doubleseven

Adept
Feb 5, 2006
@cranky

My speaker is reacting in another way... I will tell it to u now... I also had interchanged RIGHT and LEFT in my previous post.

Sub-woofer is working fine.. I can hear the bass perfectly.
The "TUP TUP" is now totally gone. I dont hear this sound at all (when i increase or decrease or switch it ON or OFF)

When i connect the right speaker alone the speaker and the woofer is simply at its best.
When i connect the left speaker alone i dont hear anything from the speaker, woofer is working perfectly fine.
When i connect both the speakers only the right speaker is working as expected.

This problem started all of a sudden. The "TUP TUP" sound came initially but now its gone. The "TUP TUP" sound was accompanied with poor audio output.We can conclude that "TUP TUP" sound alone came from the left speaker and left output of the sub-woofer and now even that is not coming.

I hear music at 3 or at the max 4 in volume control.
I use it daily for at least 6 hours. And hear all types of music and all movies.

I guess with these information you will be able to identify the exact problem.
Thanks in advance. :)

cranky

Skilled
Jan 3, 2007
Calcutta, India
I assume the speakers are working fine when the problem sound goes away?

In which case while connecting it you may have caused a short circuit. That is how the chip would react, so check all the speaker cables. If needed, snip the copper ends and redo them - strip off a bit of the jacket and twist the fresh strands to make positive contact.

Doubleseven

Adept
Feb 5, 2006
I tried interchanging the speaker wires, still i don't have output from the left speaker.

When i connect the same wire in the right speaker track, i get output from the right speaker.

I am pretty sure that wiring is not the problem.

In overall, the output in the left channel is the problem.

What do you think will the problem be ?

cranky

Skilled
Jan 3, 2007
Calcutta, India
It could be anything.

There may be a loose solder joint, one of the input wires may have loosened up, a capacitor could have failed...

There's no way to tell. However, when a two-channel chip (like the TDA7265 in the MX5021, it drives both satellites) fails it usually goes into total failure. It's quite possible you have a rare case that one of the channels is blown and the other is working, but I'm not so sure.

Doubleseven

Adept
Feb 5, 2006
cranky said:
It could be anything.

There may be a loose solder joint, one of the input wires may have loosened up, a capacitor could have failed...

There's no way to tell. However, when a two-channel chip (like the TDA7265 in the MX5021, it drives both satellites) fails it usually goes into total failure. It's quite possible you have a rare case that one of the channels is blown and the other is working, but I'm not so sure.
What shall i do now ?
I am put up in Chennai.

Can you suggest me a place in chennai where i can rectify this problem ?