Audio MX5021 Cracking sound at 60% volume

This issue has been there for a year now but I am fed up now and want to make it go away so I can increase the volume.

This is what is happening. When I try to increase the volume to 60% or somewhere close, it starts to crack. Thats not the only thing, if i reduce the volume of my comp and then increase the volume, the same thing will happen at higher levels. So its basically related to the amount of sound being pushed out of the speakers

Djmykey told me that its related to the potentio meter inside the sub.

Now I want to know where and how I can get it replaced or repaired in Pune (or Mumbai).

Anyone?

The cracking of the sound is over all. I mean it happens from the satelites too and happens only when a certain amount of sound is being outputted. Dunno what exactly is wrong

Completely forgot about this thread. Yeah I did check changing the sources a long time back when it started and even keep checking it frequently, it is the same. Apparently if I plug something in the headphone jack on the control unit, the sound coming out of it is fine, it wont make anything crack even at 80

Even I had faced somewhat the same problem with my MX5021 and the crackling sound was from the right channel,found out some IC had gone for a toss and very difficult to procure.Landed up buying a A5 and now using the MX sub along with it :) .

Are you sure the problem is with the chip itself and not any of the connections? Best bet would be to take it to a reliable tv repair guy as they should be able to fix most such problems(pretty retarded advice I know :().

Thats not a retard advice chiron, thing is, I am reluctant to take it to a person who will say I can do it and when he cant, he will say I dont know a shit about your imported stuff :|

cranky said:
I can't handle the overload of information in this post. Obviously the problem is too specific for me to be able to help.
This is what the Altec service center guy said to me " IC fault in the sub-woofer and am unable to get the spare part of it "
He also asked a weeks time to try and get from other service centers in India but he couldnt. So :(

When you go to a doctor and say you have a pain in the stomach, it could be indigestion or stomach cancer, or anything in between.

The 'IC fault' is a diagnosis. I want to hear of the problem.

cranky said:
When you go to a doctor and say you have a pain in the stomach, it could be indigestion or stomach cancer, or anything in between.

The 'IC fault' is a diagnosis. I want to hear of the problem.
The guy at the service center says " Audio driver board " is the problem.

When i ask in specific he was not able to tell further. :(

You still don't get it, do you? What is the problem *you* are facing? Is it not switching on, is it crackling, is it waking up and singing a song to you every morning? Are all the speakers working, are the lights not turning on? Or is it pestering you for idli-dosa breakfast?

Try to read and understand a post please. We can't troubleshoot without knowing the symptoms. What issue did you have that made you take it to the service center in the first place? Is it the same as the TS? You have simply added your post in a running thread hence the confusion.

The problem i have with my mx5021 is when i switch it on or off i get a sound "tup tup" .
When i increase the volume of of the speakers i again get the same sound "tup tup" .
When i reduce the volume the same happens.
All this happens only when i attach the Right speaker, when i attach the left speaker alone i dont get any weird sound.
Even when i connect the left speaker alone the quality of sound output is very very poor.
The "tup tup" sound comes only when i attach the right speaker.
When i try interchanging the speaker the problem is the same. I get the same "tup tup" sound from the right speaker.
Right speaker output from the Sub-woofer is the problem.
Let me know if you want more explanations.

I have posted in this thread as i have got problem in the same lines.. The "tup tup" is the crackling sound.

I must have missed the notification for some reason.

Is the subwoofer itself working fine? Can you hear bass?

What happens when you don't connect the left speaker and only the right?

The sound you describe sounds like protection kicking in to save the chip, or DC on the outputs.

How did this problem start - gradually or suddenly? How loud do you listen?

The TDA7265 should be easily available and it may be the problem. The only other possibility is a blown supply, but it seems unlikely.

Back