MTNL Triband Unlimited in Mumbai?

I think those plans cater to celebs only :). On the positive side atleast something unlimited has come out:rofl: , although the prices are ridiculous.

Earlier it used to unlimited hours combined with 400MB-1.25GB transfer limits with a charge of 1Re per MB beyond free usage . I do not understand how these plans get approved in the first place.
Imagine, using this plan a dual dvd linux download would cost more than Vista Home Premium.

The 2 mbps plan looks quite good for corporates. i know my team of 6 pays a whole lot more for a 2 mbps connection!!

But yeah the prices suck cock. Who are they kidding??? Not until they get bad press are they gonna do anything about it. If i am not wrong isn't mtnl loosing its landline customers to mobile phone customers?? So who is gonna buy such plans jeeez.

knoughtyd said:
Cant we like send them complaints abt the price difference between the Prices in Mumbai and that in Delhi..:mad:
We surely can. :)
TechHead said:
Bikey, thanks for posting this.
Am going down to the office at Gamdevi and abusing a few people I know.. am taking along a printout of this and the Delhi schemes.
WTF are they on about? Pardon my incoherence, but I am truly amazed to see the extent to which they think they can fleece Mumbaikars.
backtoexistence said:
yeah we really need a flock of people shouting slogans in front of their offices.. enuf of this bullcrap
You two are stoopid wasting your precious time and energy like that. :)

The problem with MTNL is that the staff is willing to do a lot but they have no authority, no matter how highly placed.
If they had the power, a lot of other competitors wouldn't have come into being in the first place. :cool2:
Even they are consumers and have their own kids complaining about it though they may not be needed to pay any money for the service.
Let's send a polite, written letter to MTNL Mumbai, TRAI and maybe some newspaper. :)
I had issues with TATA indicom when they wronged me for no fault of mine and kept goofing up and troubling me again and again.
A letter to TRAI and i got a decent reply.
Copy of that along with a polite explanation of the issue in mail via RegdAD and TATA Indicom kinda behaved. :)

Sent the following mail to trai@trai.gov.in, editor@timesofindia.com, editor@mid-day.com and tribandhelpdesk@mtnl.net.in

Sir,

This is with reference to the unlimited 256KBPs connections offered by both MTNL Mumbai and MTNL Delhi.

The MTNL Mumbai schemes are detailed here:

MTNL Broadband Internet Services Tariff Plans

For your reference, I am copy-pasting the tariff table below.

l No.
Plan
Bandwidth

Download Speed
Hour

(monthly)
Plan Rent

(Monthly)
No. of Free Email Ids with 4MB

Plan-1
256 Kbps
Unlimited
Rs.2500/-
-

Plan-2
512 Kbps
Unlimited
Rs.4500/-
-

Plan-3
1Mbps
Unlimited
Rs.8000/-
-

Plan-4
2Mbps
Unlimited
Rs.15000/-

The MTNL Delhi Unlimited schemes are detailed here:

Broadband

ame
Download Speed Maximum bps
Download Speed Minimum bps
Upload Speed in bps
Monthly Free Data downLoad
Monthly Minimum Charge Rs
No of Free E-mail ID’s

(4MB)
No. of free pulse (calls) If applicable)
Call Charge Per Unit Pulse beyond free calls Per pulse Rs.
Additional Charges Beyond Free data Download Per MB Rs

TriB Unlimited
256 K
256 K
256 K
Unlimited
Nil
NA
NA
As you can see, MTNL Mumbai is charging 3 times the MTNL Delhi tariff! Why is this the case?

Airtel and Tata Indicom are charging ~1000 rupees for better schemes, viz:

:: Airtel :: Broadband Services - Tariffs - For You

384KBPs unlimited for 1000 rupees PM

Tata:

Broadband from Tata Indicom: bringing you Prepaid and postpaid Hi Speed broadband internet service, in India. Apply for super fast internet connection now. Get Hi Speed broadband from tata Indicom. Broadband India s way to sucess

6068 for 6 months, 256k unlimited.. works out to : Rs. 1011 PM

After this, the Government wonders why people are shifting to private broadband players!

Kindly look into this issue, and remove such idiotic differential pricing

Regards,

Bhairav Patel,

Mumbai.

^^ repped ya... You forgot to mention the waiting times, highlight the date, its not as if we are back in 1980's. 6 months waiting line for anything is a joke...

I am bloody paying 1100 bucks for a shitty reliance connection here, have no alternatives. its pratically on an avg a 64 kbps connection considering the avg speeds a week :(

Edit: Bhairav mail me a copy of that mail, will shoot at any newspaper editorials I come across, want me to extend the name list ?

Aces170 said:
^^ repped ya... You forgot to mention the waiting times, highlight the date, its not as if we are back in 1980's. 6 months waiting line for anything is a joke...

I am bloody paying 1100 bucks for a shitty reliance connection here, have no alternatives. its pratically on an avg a 64 kbps connection considering the avg speeds a week :(

Edit: Bhairav mail me a copy of that mail, will shoot at any newspaper editorials I come across, want me to extend the name list ?

aces170@gmail.com?
sms me your address.. the more the merrier, of course.

You guys need/want a laugh this afternoon?

Well, the email address provided under "Contact Us" on the MTNL Mumbai website is tribandhelpdesk@mtnl.net.in

This is what I get when I mail them..

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

tribandhelpdesk@mtnl.net.in

Technical details of permanent failure:

PERM_FAILURE: Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 User unknown (state 14).

----- Original message -----

Received: by 10.125.77.15 with SMTP id e15mr558321mkl.109.1214634792675;

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 23:33:12 -0700 (PDT)

Received: by 10.125.114.9 with HTTP; Fri, 27 Jun 2008 23:33:12 -0700 (PDT)

Message-ID: <b5aec2480806272333u18404d01w951050a647011073@mail.gmail.com>

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:03:12 +0530

To: trai@trai.gov.in

Subject: Differential pricing - MTNL Mumbai v. MTNL Delhi - Internet Plans

Cc: tribandhelpdesk@mtnl.net.in, editor@timesofindia.com, editor@mid-day.com

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

boundary="----=_Part_6470_13698124.1214634792654"

------=_Part_6470_13698124.1214634792654

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Content-Disposition: inline

Sir,

This is with reference to the unlimited 256KBPs connections offered by both

MTNL Mumbai and MTNL Delhi.

The MTNL Mumbai schemes are detailed here:

----- Message truncated -----

anyone having problem with speeds these days?

its so annoying..

sites like speedtest.net doesnt evn open, forget bout checkin the speeds..

spynic said:
its so annoying..

pathetic in certain areas for last few days. Every other day I am receiving a call from friend asking if MTNL is working at my place.

This is my backup connection so i dont really care about it until reliance goes down (which does not happen often, but as i was unsure about rainy season and wimax i kept this triband connection ).

My connection is working, but at times speeds are pathetic. HTTP download from fast servers are not even reaching 100KBps. Sometimes they do, but most of the times they dont.

Quiet a few people in borivali region are actually facing downtime in past 2 weeks.

And now these preposterous unlimited plans. I honestly feel like people from mumbai should file show cause notice for this discrepancy in pricing in same govt organisation in different cities. And its not even a minor difference like other ISPs. This is daylight robbery of mumbai customers.

spynic said:
its so annoying..
Not faced till yet...getting normal around 200-210KBps:D
(me on chembur side)

Funky said:
And now these preposterous unlimited plans. I honestly feel like people from mumbai filing show cause notice for this discrepancy in pricing in same govt organisation in different cities. And its not even a minor difference like other ISPs. This is daylight robbery of mumbai customers.

+1 for that suggestion..:)

I had a talk with one of the MTNL employee yesterday and it seems these plans are here to stay until diwali. There are no planned plan changes in coming months. So unless CEO's brain lights up one day realizing the stupid pricing in mumbai, we are not getting anything decent until diwali :mad: :mad: :mad:

Funky said:
I had a talk with one of the MTNL employee yesterday and it seems these plans are here to stay until diwali. There are no planned plan changes in coming months. So unless CEO's brain lights up one day realizing the stupid pricing in mumbai, we are not getting anything decent until diwali :mad: :mad: :mad:

i guess they mite reduce then as there diwali scheme:mad:

I am lucky if it works. :)
I get 40-160Kbps with frequent disconnections, after paying for a 256K connection. :thumb:

Wow- i could post- means i am online and not disconected. :yahoo:

MTNL Mumbai unlimited plan has 256kbps as minimum guranteed speed and speed can go up to 2 mbps. This plan costs you Rs.2500/-. MTNL Delhi unlimited plan's speed is 256kbps fixed.

If i remember correctly Triband unlimited NU rates were increased from 590 to present rates when the speed was changed from 256 kbps fixed to 256 kbps- 2mbps.

So all present Mumbai Triband customers can give us feedback about how much speed they actual get as all of the Mumbai triband plan have speed upto 2mbps.

Back