Moto G launched in India at 14k for 16GB model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around 10K more imported on 5th. If they oversold, 20k would have been possible.

Actually, as on 3rd Feb, they had ~19.8k phones. So dont see any issue with the 20k number. But it would be too early to tag it as a big hit with these numbers. Thats for sure.

Cant wait for the official roll out anymore..
For once i thought i can experience the joy of getting a official update

besides i think it will be the same OTA zip

@nishthecooldude can u post the MD5 hash of the OTA zip[DOUBLEPOST=1392218438][/DOUBLEPOST]Hope they dont have minor changes like changing the server in gps.conf and other localizations...
coz im not planning on rooting this for a while[DOUBLEPOST=1392227195][/DOUBLEPOST]

bhai u srsly didnt knew about md5 and gps.conf and stuff...u could have just said it...mein bura nahi manta
but dont try to be a smartass

Last edited:
I plan to use only a single sim. Should I wait for the single sim version or get the double sim one? Any difference in battery life?

if anyone interested in this cover let me know...Ordering for my self and friend....come with screen guard....

http://www.nillkin.com/english/proshow.asp?mid=2&sid=0&tid=0&cid=1&scid=13&id=3830&page=1
I am interested in that. Lemme know if you have ordered or plan to order.

Also, is there any difference in battery life of the single and dual sim variants? I have ordered from Flipkart but I will be using only 1 sim in it. I hope the battery life remains the same.

I have bought the dual sim version at Flipkart, and the phone is absolutely stunning ... Battery life is awesome, getting around 1.5-2 days with two SIMs installed ... The phone itself is very zippy, comparable to the Nexus 4 or 5, for that instance. Just so you guys know, I ran Asphalt 8 in it, and I could see no frame drop or lag or stutter in it. It was constantly giving 50-60 fps, which is excellent. But it does get hot while playing games like that.

I have bought the dual sim version at Flipkart, and the phone is absolutely stunning ... Battery life is awesome, getting around 1.5-2 days with two SIMs installed ... The phone itself is very zippy, comparable to the Nexus 4 or 5, for that instance. Just so you guys know, I ran Asphalt 8 in it, and I could see no frame drop or lag or stutter in it. It was constantly giving 50-60 fps, which is excellent. But it does get hot while playing games like that.

That's good, What's your usage like?
My brother's hardly last a day with
2-3 hrs of gaming, 1-2 hrs of wifi download, 1 hr of surfing & no calls

I think his phone might be defective :(

I bought 2 phones.
One isn't being used much..it's got one SIM inserted, and with wi-fi always on, it's on a 3G network, and it's checking mail, updating flipboard and google now.
That's got 40% battery left after 3 days and 10 hours. About 3 hours screen on time.

The other has 2 SIMs inserted. Wi-fi always on. 2-3 hours talktime, a few sms's, a few snaps, auto-upload on, email, fb, flipboard, twittter, google now, gps always on, 3.5-4.5 hours screen on time, and it's only lasting about 1.5 days.

The battery went down 11% @ night with wi-fi and data off.

Is it possible my SIM got damaged while cutting it, resulting in higher battery drain? I can't get a 3G signal on my Vodafone card in phone 2, but another Vodafone SIM always has a strong 3G signal in phone no.1.
Changing SIM slots didn't help.

However, I've got no problems with calling and SMSing.
I tried to get vodafone to push GPRS settings, but that fails.

btw- how do we get the freebies from flipkart...the Rs.500 off on ebooks, and 1000 off on clothes? Are they going to send us coupons?

Last edited:
@impulse1992 Screen on time is about 4-5 hours ... Voice calls takes up 2-3 ... And basic 2D games, blah blah blah ... No 3D games at all ... :) Maybe that's the reason I get that much of battery life. The time I played Asphalt, I got very little battery life, just close to a day. The battery went completely dead around the middle of the night. So from then on, strictly no 3D games, since battery life is a big must for me. And if you think it is defective, ask for a replacement at FK at the earliest. Hope this helps. :)

@impulse1992 Screen on time is about 4-5 hours ... Voice calls takes up 2-3 ... And basic 2D games, blah blah blah ... No 3D games at all ... :) Maybe that's the reason I get that much of battery life. The time I played Asphalt, I got very little battery life, just close to a day. The battery went completely dead around the middle of the night. So from then on, strictly no 3D games, since battery life is a big must for me. And if you think it is defective, ask for a replacement at FK at the earliest. Hope this helps. :)

Is your wi-fi/data always on? And hows the network connectivity at your place?

4.4.2 KitKat OTA is available in India for Moto G XT-1033 Dual SIM.
Thanks a lot! Downloading now! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1392381725][/DOUBLEPOST]@ch@ts, I don't use data at all. But the Wifi is always on. :p I never switch that off. And I get all four bars almost always. :)

Is your wi-fi/data always on? And hows the network connectivity at your place?
no wifi is not always on
my brother does play real racing game & some other 2d games for 2-3 hrs though
screen brightness is @ the lowest setting or little higher then the lowest

I'm only getting refund option right now :(

And also btw, I just spoke to a FK executive ... They told me that those who have ordered their Moto G on the launch day will get the offers in the form of 'coupons' in their mail. And they would mail us the coupons before tonight. They told they'd finish sending the mails as soon as tonight, and they wouldn't want to extend the time period. ;) Do let me know if you've got the mail. I still haven't :(

And also btw, I just spoke to a FK executive ... They told me that those who have ordered their Moto G on the launch day will get the offers in the form of 'coupons' in their mail. And they would mail us the coupons before tonight. They told they'd finish sending the mails as soon as tonight, and they wouldn't want to extend the time period. ;) Do let me know if you've got the mail. I still haven't :(
but there's no option to enter coupon in FK i think

As per the terms, the ebooks and cloths rebate will be available after Feb 17th (Till March 31st). A mail will be sent to the customers who have bought the phone. All that needs to be done is to add the relevant products to the cart and the discounts will be applied. Not sure if this has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back