Modem + Router for Fivenet (South Mumbai)

I do not understand why they are charging extra, people go for fivenet because of DC++ (this is what fivenet guy told me) now why extra, I only download 10% from DC & rest from Private Paid sites & torrents.

Its like taking a bus or train for travelling & paying extra for getting seat, believe me, this will also happen in India, one day people havengs made to pay tax for breathing too.

Paying extra for their USP is exactly what i had a problem doing.
Plus the DC++ surcharge kept on growing by multiples of 50 every 3-4 months.
Also, i was regularly getting kicked out the moment Popeye hub crossed 1k users.

All in all, it used to be a complete mess (esp during the peak hours).

All these things made me discontinue DC++.
Btw, DC++ is the software's name....the proper term should be LAN sharing right?

OT: Does anyone know how to multiquote while replying to a thread?

so people who dont want to use fivenet DC++ will be on i-On and will still get to share their stuff on LAN with the 100 users? correct me if im wrong.

Both are having LAN only difference is no of users on LAN.
i-On plan is 200 Rs cheaper so its worth going for that.

Thanks for the help everyone, I bought a 'normal' router without modem and it works well.

They have divided the connection into two
1. Fivenet (They claim to have 1k DC++ users)
2. i-On (With 100 DC++ users)

Charges:
1. Fivenet (Rs 800 for 1 Mbps unlimited for 30 days)
2. i-On (Rs 600 for 1 Mbps unlimited for 30 days)

I am on i-On 1 Mbps unlimited plan and DC++ users are good in numbers. I don't need to download anything using torrents now. All is available at 1 -10 Mbps speed via DC++.

So they are actually charging Rs 200 more for Fivenet DC++ users, rest all is same.

Where can I get instructions to use DC++ on the non DC++ option? I am on the 1 Mbps plan too.

I am having Windows 8 laptop with McAfee trial installed for 2 months....till that time the 24Hrs client dialer was working fine. After the expiry of antivirus I installed KasperSky trial as I am yet to buy a license...but now the the dialer doesn't starts and after 2-3 attempts windows detecting solution appears.
Now to use the internet I have uninstalled KasperSky antivirus for the time being...I know its risky. Can anybody guide me which antivirus I should buy or is there any firewall settings which is blocking the dialer to start.
@malhotraraul Please advice

Where can I get instructions to use DC++ on the non DC++ option? I am on the 1 Mbps plan too.

Install Apex DC++ and call their tech support...they will guide you to configure DC++. Its basically simple you just need the HUB IP address and port and then enter in Apex DC++ and select the folder you need to share and you are ready to begin.

How did you configured it? on your own or you called the support guy?

Paying extra for their USP is exactly what i had a problem doing.
Plus the DC++ surcharge kept on growing by multiples of 50 every 3-4 months.
Also, i was regularly getting kicked out the moment Popeye hub crossed 1k

Same used to happen with me, I shared 3TB of data (2TB 1080p mainstream movies & rest PRON) & now i am a VVIP user, most of the data that gets uploaded is PRON.

I am having Windows 8 laptop with McAfee trial installed for 2 months....till that time the 24Hrs client dialer was working fine. After the expiry of antivirus I installed KasperSky trial as I am yet to buy a license...but now the the dialer doesn't starts and after 2-3 attempts windows detecting solution appears.
Now to use the internet I have uninstalled KasperSky antivirus for the time being...I know its risky. Can anybody guide me which antivirus I should buy or is there any firewall settings which is blocking the dialer to start.
@malhotraraul Please advice

Install Apex DC++ and call their tech support...they will guide you to configure DC++. Its basically simple you just need the HUB IP address and port and then enter in Apex DC++ and select the folder you need to share and you are ready to begin.

How did you configured it? on your own or you called the support guy?

Avoid Apex, it gets hanged every 10 mins, just install plain DC++ software, visit their BLOG & you will find everything u need.

Avoid Apex, it gets hanged every 10 mins, just install plain DC++ software, visit their BLOG & you will find everything u need.

I am not getting any issue with Apex...I have kept it On for almost 24hrs+ without any issue. I am facing issue with Antivirus and the internet dialer which is not launching.

Which Antivirus you are using?

They must have thought you wanted wi-fi or something, anyways you need not buy anything and there is nothing separate for DC++

All you need is to share 10GB of data to enter DC & share 100GB to download.

it's 10GB to enter and start downloading from HUB, do u even check the policies?

u can download as unregistered user too, right? only thing u get for 100GB sharing is a registration and search feature, right? but, hey anyways, i don't remember exactly whats what, coz i had running the share thing the moment net was installed and the engineer told me to let it run for a bit, so shared more than 100GB on that day itself, so couldn't check exactly the limits..

u can download as unregistered user too, right? only thing u get for 100GB sharing is a registration and search feature, right? but, hey anyways, i don't remember exactly whats what, coz i had running the share thing the moment net was installed and the engineer told me to let it run for a bit, so shared more than 100GB on that day itself, so couldn't check exactly the limits..

READ AGAIN on the HUB ................ Please type +regme password to Register. Eg. +regme 12345

Back