Max Payne 3 - Discussion Thread

You guys are not actually buying into that, are you? There has obviously been some mistake, there is no way Max Payne will see the light of the day before 2012.

Re: Max Payne 3 screenshots are out.

egurlly waiting for this game :D

one of my liked game since started gaming :p

Amazing, 2 more images and some info about the game in the next few months, feed on that for now, lol! :bleh:

Btw, the cover system makes me smile as it looks a lot like the present cover system in Deus Ex: HR which I'm totally loving :)

Black_Hawk said:
Btw, the cover system makes me smile as it looks a lot like the present cover system in Deus Ex: HR which I'm totally loving :)

Cover system? Ah! No! :(. I would like them to keep the run-and-gun mechanic of mp1 and mp2.

kvikram said:
Cover system? Ah! No! :(. I would like them to keep the run-and-gun mechanic of mp1 and mp2.

Didn't Max Payne have a cover system? :S

Although haven't played Deus Ex yet so dunno what cover system Black_Hawk is talking about.

theDemonHunter said:
Atleast the guy looks like Max Payne! (and not a bald, fat and drunk Bruce Willis) :p
What do you mean? He DOES look like a bald, fat and drunk Bruce Willis. Where's the stylish and sexy black hair and suit that very much defined the character? :(

^^ Did you check out the new screenshots? They are different and more consistant with the Max Payne of old, which might indicate that rockstar folks have developed a brain again :p

viralbug said:
Didn't Max Payne have a cover system? :S

Although haven't played Deus Ex yet so dunno what cover system Black_Hawk is talking about.

By cover system I mean not just the ability to hide positioning your character in-game behind a wall/object but the ability to stick to a wall with the press of a key and also being able to swiftly maneuver your character from one closely situated wall/object to another in one clean movement such as a neat roll or a dive. Also, while sticking to a wall, the character has the ability to peek from the sides of the covering wall to check enemy movement up ahead or even blind-fire from the covering spot.

I know what you meant. Thing is mp1 and mp2 didn't have such a cover system. In fact they worked like an FPS, where you could manually take cover and crouch, but there was no automatic cover system.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

kvikram said:
I know what you meant. Thing is mp1 and mp2 didn't have such a cover system. In fact they worked like an FPS, where you could manually take cover and crouch, but there was no automatic cover system.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Actually that was better in Max Payne 1 and 2, it made the game like a fast paced shooter and plus you had Bullet-Time to use all the way which was pretty darn amazing! Lets see what they do in Max Payne 3. Oh the wait...

Now,this is what the game should have looked like in the first place.Hope the cover system doesn't make the combat too easy.GTA4,anyone?

Back