Max Payne 3 - Discussion Thread

I remember I would pause the action in the middle of an awesome slow-motion move. The camera would keep turning 360 degrees around Max and you could see bullets stationary :D.

Err i didn't see your post !! My bad .. I expected more from the storyline? Didn't we all ?? I mean yeah i know the music in the beginning was like WOAH !! But then the story is weak. Save a GIRL? :s

In game is awesome. Hopefully the story will be good.

I saw the trailer right now, finally!! :eek:hyeah:

Was expecting a little more gameplay footage, but oh well. The action sequence looked pretty fast paced and slick. That sequence where Max is shooting the enemies riding on a back of a vehicle of some sorts particularly caught my eye. Liked it, good stuff in the making. Guess Rockstar will come up with a new trailer with more gameplay footage soon! Btw, the Max Payne theme still is so damn good to listen to.

Now where is Gannu, he was also excited about the trailer coming out today :)

Underwhelming was it? I quite felt so. :(

In-game footage and all were good but not the Max with that fat belly (drinking too much and no exercise?) and tonsured head. And it uses the same old GTA 4 and Red Dead Redemption engine - RAGE. C'mon give us something better already. That's like over 5 years old! I am not sure how it would fare comparing the present gen. engines. Esp. optimising it on different platforms - Red Dead's visuals were extremely bad on the PS3. Story like Bluffy mentioned before seem very similar to Man on Fire, where Denzel (alcoholic again!) is tasked with rescuing a businessman's daughter who is abducted.

Loved the good ol' theme music though.

As Gannu mentioned, the trailer left me a little underwhelmed too, I guess a lot of hype was the reason for that.

Now here are some of my observations :

1. Why do they need to change his face in every game? Max from 1, 2 and 3 are entirely different persons. His face in Max Payne 2 was perfect and with present graphics it could have been made even better. But what we get is a completely new face, is it because they have a new actor playing Max?

Edit : According to IMDB, James McCaffrey is reprising his role as Max Payne. Thats a relief because there can really be noone who can play Max as good as McCaffrey, not even Walhberg.

2. Speaking of Graphic Novel, has there been any announcement regarding the inclusion of it. What made Max Payne stand out from other shooters was its slick graphic novel presentation. For the love of this game, I hope its there because to be honest those cutscenes looked absolutely horrible.

3. Although Max Payne's storyline has been very hollywood centric, there was a connection in story between the first 2 games. From the information we have so far on Max Payne 3, it doesn't look to be connected to the previous 2 games. This can be a huge disappointment for the fans of the series.

4. Max Payne in daylight is not Max Payne. Again, for the love of this game I hope that there is a good portion of this game happening during the night. They absolutely have to get the noire presentation back.

I have my complete faith in Rockstar, they are yet to disappoint me and everything they do screams quality. They have to really mess this up in order for it to not be a good game. I just hope it is worth the wait.

I have very low expectations for this one ,apparently there will also me Multiplayer with load outs and stuff so basically the focus on the SP aspect of the game would have defenetly diminished compared to the prequels and the SP campaign will be further shortened as more stories will be delieverd through DLC's people especially the fans of the series DOnt get your hopes up the SP campaign i feel will fall very short when compared to the prequels,i really wish remedy had developed this game they did a fine job with the last two i really dont know why R* didnt get them for this one :(

ubergeek said:
i really wish remedy had developed this game

Exactly my thoughts. Heck even Alan Wake was so beautifully scripted and done though it took a lot of time for development. I really wish Remedy could've done this sequel as well.

:(

Back