Married enthusiasts/gamers, need advice

Ha Ha, I have't gotten married mate but feels very similar
<

Trust me dude.. I have heard this way to often and believe this that until you are married you cannot say you have experienced it
<

On topic.. well I dont game even now, after marriage my future wife can breath easy coz I wont be gaming even then
<

Trust me dude.. I have heard this way to often and believe this that until you are married you cannot say you have experienced it
<
On topic.. well I dont game even now, after marriage my future wife can breath easy coz I wont be gaming even then
<
which means this is not the right topic for u to comment either way.
<

No offence meant and fun intended

Hi all Married guyz,

my situation is no different than you...but I have learnt one thing that if yyou want to enjoy any of your pre-marriage hobby, engage ur wife in that too. Then u'll also be able to do that. I wanted to play games so my wife helped me in upgrading my system. Now she spends more time on gaming rather than those soaps. I like to watch hollywood flicks so I involved my wife also. Now she is a big movie buff. and guess what whenever she's at her parents home, she misses "flying chopper in just cause 2"...
<
so I feel just involve ur wifey and enjoy whatever u want

Marriage does bring its responsibilities. But a well understanding among partners can result in allowing them to enjoy their personal space.

hmm dude awesome topic. but i have found my middle path and its working beautifully.

1) I told my wife am like how i am becoz i have few indulgences of life. Biggest indulgence is a geek and it is a positive indulgence as am not going out blowing up money on friends or parties or clubs etc. I told her I have this indulgence and i respect her indulgence which was Bags and shopping. So over time she never questions mine and i dont question hers. Both get breathing space plus now it has come to a level that we help in constructive feedback over each othesr preferences. Like I can give a practical view when she is buying a bag and she would give me a womans point of view if am buying a gadget. (which isnt a bad view)

2) I suppose reach home at 8pm. i dont sit at PC till 10:30 i make sure first 2-3 hours are towards doing house work or helping her or spending time with her. Post 11 is my time
<
. and games, reading reviews, watching anime etc no sweat. plus i make sure i sleep for 6 hrs a day so managed to find that time frame between my games n rest of indulgences vs rest and time spent with "family"

3) Most important thing i did was my TV and Comp are like 2 feet away. So I can actually be sitting with close by and be busy with some game and she can watch tv. More over like if am playing COD MW3 there is a 1min intermission between games and contribute that 1min towards TV discussion. Thus again its more like time spent together. If its Skyrim u pause game n talk about things n go back to gaming.

4) biggest problem i felt was sound, i mean couldnt play with loud guns or anime action anymore. So got myself a good headset. And told her Friday n Saturday nights are just mine. So if we go for moview or some dinners or anything once we reach home till 5 in the morning i can watch back to back some anime, or TV series or anything (on headphones) and its my own time. Plus its weekend so sleep by 5 and wake up noon. again till evening or 11pm spend time with her or help her at work n get back to games at night
<

So you need to make sure you strike a balance. I am a firm believer if you dont do things which make you truly happy you will loose your own self. You might even get irritable at home or work. This whole funda of no now you are grown up and games are for youngsters, n cartoons is for kids i dont care. If this makes me happy i am gonna pursue it.

Just need to strike that balance.

to add to my previous post,

Also what all of us want is them to like what we do. we want our would be wife, wife, gfs etc to like our passion of being a geek a gamer. then we need to like their passion of Sex and the City or fashion. If you want her to see "Dark Knight Rises" be ready to see some movie you find stupid.

My wife has finished Naruto and is on 78th Episode of Shippuden now. Because I see Mordern Family or HIMYM etc. Give some get some.

#antz123, you are one of the lucky ones dude
<
I have seen horrible cases where either or both give up on things they like and end up finding life monotonous.

24 hours a day... even 4 hours per day for gaming will still leave 20 hours for everything and everyone else! Now, what part of that is difficult to understand?
<

I am not married but do have a girl who thinks that me finishing COD is really cool and if I do not answer her call coz I am on NFS, she'll send a cute message asking me to call her when I finish my laps!
<

I don't think any lady would mind unless you start ignoring her for your tech madness! But then again, why would one want to do that??
<

Marry her now!! This is as good as life will ever get for you. Make sure it isn't something she will tolerate initially though. Many people tolerate stuff initially and then reveal their true colours once they've settled down for the long journey.

Marry her now!! This is as good as life will ever get for you. Make sure it isn't something she will tolerate initially though. Many people tolerate stuff initially and then reveal their true colours once they've settled down for the long journey.

^^ Hehehe!! I am 23! We have been together for 6 years now! And still have atleast 4 more years to go before we get married! So, we have already seen all colours! The palette is empty now!
<

Consider it as playing a RPG, a very realistic one with complete sandbox capabilities. With unique storyline crafted specifally for you, you're the Husband, the main titular character. Your wife is your party mate, always by your side, but with an AI such that you cannot guess it's nature. The kids are future party mates, you have to help them lvl up till they finish their novice stage, they can choose their proficiencies aftwerwards. The game is a never ending one, with plot twists at every turn. Enjoy your ride
<

I play fifa and tekken with my gf and she beats me sometimes with Nina and Xiaoyu.
<
though I'm just 19 but after reading all those "marriage killed the gamer in me" i think i'll marry her.
<
<

Consider it as playing a RPG, a very realistic one with complete sandbox capabilities. With unique storyline crafted specifally for you, you're the Husband, the main titular character. Your wife is your party mate, always by your side, but with an AI such that you cannot guess it's nature. The kids are future party mates, you have to help them lvl up till they finish their novice stage, they can choose their proficiencies aftwerwards. The game is a never ending one, with plot twists at every turn. Enjoy your ride
<

One of the better and lighter responses I've read from the thread.

I am assuming the fetch quests are those supermarket/vegetable market visits?
<

I play fifa and tekken with my gf and she beats me sometimes with Nina and Xiaoyu.
<
though I'm just 19 but after reading all those "marriage killed the gamer in me" i think i'll marry her.
<
<

Can you please pass on some of her friends' numbers? Thank you.

Back