Married enthusiasts/gamers, need advice

I am trying to setup my HTPC from past 3 months i am just not able to get time and the HDTV just keeps going on with non sense Hindi soaps
<
<

I stopped watching TV for good.

Seriously, your priorities will automatically change after tying the knot. It is not like your wife will force you to quit gaming; you will do that by yourself. As long as you are sensible enough to others' opinions and priorities, and reduce gaming to maybe an hour a day, I'm sure your other half will not have a problem with that. If you continue to be an insensitive a** and continue with your 6 to 8 hour per day gaming schedule, I'm sure you'll be putting your marriage in jeopardy, which none of us really want.

Talk to your wife, make her understand that you need some personal time (and make sure you give the same to her too), and I'm sure you'll have the best of both worlds. Do not despair.

Depends on how understanding a partner is - if he or she believes in giving each other their individual spaces, there are bound to be no issues. I had no problem whatsoever after the wedding. Now with a kid and wife working in shift, the onus of managing the kid in the evenings is on me
<

Not had any time at all in the last 20 days but it sure is temporary
<

Edit: Prasad beat me to it
<

Seriously, your priorities will automatically change after tying the knot. It is not like your wife will force you to quit gaming; you will do that by yourself. As long as you are sensible enough to others' opinions and priorities, and reduce gaming to maybe an hour a day, I'm sure your other half will not have a problem with that. If you continue to be an insensitive a** and continue with your 6 to 8 hour per day gaming schedule, I'm sure you'll be putting your marriage in jeopardy, which none of us really want.

Talk to your wife, make her understand that you need some personal time (and make sure you give the same to her too), and I'm sure you'll have the best of both worlds. Do not despair.

With 10 hours of work everyday i hardly get 2 to 3 hours and gaming for 6 hours can never happen.The only thing i want to do is kill all the directors of those stupid Hindi soaps

Depends on how understanding a partner is - if he or she believes in giving each other their individual spaces, there are bound to be no issues. I had no problem whatsoever after the wedding. Now with a kid and wife working in shift, the onus of managing the kid in the evenings is on me
<

Not had any time at all in the last 20 days but it sure is temporary
<

Edit: Prasad beat me to it
<

Mahesh congrats on being a dad, now your tough life starts
<

Dude why don't you tell her that you have a passion for gaming and it has a priority in your life. She will understand I guess. Don't know if that works or not but its worth a try.

I am unmarried BTW

What happens next is either a bucketful of tears or a huge argument, which you will NEVER be able to win, with the better half insisting that you meant that she has no priority in your life at all and so forth. NEVER ever tell a woman that anything else is a priority
<

(You're unmarried, so you've yet to tread the path
<
)

Priorities change instantly. You find that you're no longer addicted to games as you were before. In fact, there's no comparison at all, spending time with your family is a blessing.

Playing with one's kid is better than any game in the world, to see them laugh, make demands, talk, ask questions is something that is to be cherished every moment. Its amazing, the way the first few years of your kid's life turn out to be.

Thanks! This will surely help me.
<

Will probably take a print out if this and stick it adjacent to my display. I'm going to need it.

24 hours a day... even 4 hours per day for gaming will still leave 20 hours for everything and everyone else! Now, what part of that is difficult to understand?
<

I am not married but do have a girl who thinks that me finishing COD is really cool and if I do not answer her call coz I am on NFS, she'll send a cute message asking me to call her when I finish my laps!
<

I don't think any lady would mind unless you start ignoring her for your tech madness! But then again, why would one want to do that??
<

I sincerely hope all dudes complaining of lack of game time find better things to do after marriage!!!!
<
.i personally got involved in photography after entering a a serious relationship.I stopped gaming and tv series completely.New and interesting things happen everyday.RELAX and enjoy the ride that is life with someone who has decided to spend their life with you!!!!!!

Time is the most precious resource!!!!! spend a little less of it on gadgets!!

Another effect has been alteration of spending priorities.I havent upgraded my pc in 4 years!!! But i would rather spend more on a smartphone and photography equipment
<

You guys have depressed me enough to contemplate not getting married.

I guess I will have to convince my younger brother to continue the family name.

(We both had a bet about who will get married and who will not, I lost
<
)

lol I'm not getting married for a long time. Maybe in my 30's at the earliest. Gonna enjoy the **** out of single life before I get tied down. I'm nowhere near done with endless gaming sessions. Nope nope nope!

Women cannot understand:

1. Gaming.

2. Forum boards.

3. Blogs.

4. Review sites.

5. Forum meets.

6. Technology.

7. Shooting straight.

8. Reversing a car.

9. Reading a map.

10. Men.

But I still love 'em. A lady is a lady end of the day.

<

Women cannot understand:

1. Gaming.

2. Forum boards.

3. Blogs.

4. Review sites.

5. Forum meets.

6. Technology.

7. Shooting straight.

8. Reversing a car.

9. Reading a map.

10. Men.

But I still love 'em. A lady is a lady end of the day.

Now where is the Rep button

Gaming has gone to dogs after marriage. I have a xbox+ kinect just dont get time to play 😞.

Find some valentine game and get your wife hooked to it and you will get time for gaming on another console
<

@OP : Marriage is like a real life gamming, you are driving fast on to the emotional laps, you are shooting despair at the first sight, you are strategising your future, time and money, for the kinect / wil / move lovers raising kids on your shoulder and running around is a big gaming too.

It upto you how you derive pleasure from life. Materialistic momentory joy is what you crave for than you will never ever understand Gaming / Technology V/s Marriage / Family quest. Its a never ending debate.

For me, I am getting less time for some hobby / passion but in a sense I am investing that time in future bonding so it will come back many more times whenever I need it.
<

So enjoy your life to the fullest in whichever state you are in bachelor / married / with kids / joint family / nuclear family / both working / none working, find joy in every moment you spend together.

Realisation of a married enthusiast/gamer :

Straight from the heart my friend. Now married 5 years with a 2 year old scampering around, I am as they say, completely unwired as far as all things tech go. People used to ask me for advice on anything tech and now I am an expert (almost) on marriage, in-laws, b-day parties, schools, monthly budgets and the list goes on. But in all honesty, its a small price to pay. I love my marital bliss and won't trade it for anything
<

Back