Man got electrocuted on top of train

toolius

Adept
Dec 15, 2008
OMG.. poor soul

R.I.P

hate this crap..... people taking needless risks with their lives...

very sad...

6pack

ex-Mod
Sep 19, 2005
it should be 25000 volts, not watts.

people like those just sit on the roof for fun or to travel without tickets.

this has happened more than thrice on the new tracks here from borivali to virar.

FaH33m

Analog Vibes
Skilled
Apr 29, 2006
raksrules said:
^^any particular reason ??

Is the distance between the cable and the train roof less here ?

No ..you are just not supposed to travel on roof tops of a train :rofl:

by the way I got this video in my mail ...according to which the person was mentally disabled and the public was trying to get him down. sad they weren't successful in getting him down alive.:( R.I.P.

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
^^arrre i know but many a times the distance between the roof and the wire is less and it is when the probability of getting electrocuted increases.

Just asking because the Borivali - Virar has got new tracks and this may be the case there against the old tracks or the Borivali - Churchgate segment.

pr0ing

Adept
Sep 4, 2006
raksrules said:
^^arrre i know but many a times the distance between the roof and the wire is less and it is when the probability of getting electrocuted increases.
Just asking because the Borivali - Virar has got new tracks and this may be the case there against the old tracks or the Borivali - Churchgate segment.

the newer lines have different current than the older lines. I do not know which one is AC or DC. There are regular announcements regarding this difference as risk of death is much higher on the newer tracks.
There are many idiots who travel on the rooftops even when there is room in the compartment. during rush-hours there is not enough room to move a muscle though.

WingZero

Skilled
Jun 24, 2007
USA
max_demon said:
it is DC which is on the trains . but 25000v DC can damage a lot

25kv DC:rofl: :rofl: .....its not DC its AC. 25kv DC lines would make heavy losses in transmission.

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Jun 3, 2005
greenhorn said:
damn. nominate him for darwin awards ?

I would agree. Though I could not see this particular video, I have known of several electrocution cases that happened in this manner. Don't know why these idiots do it, but I guess its just one aspect of unfit specimens getting removed from the gene pool.

These people are better off lying down on the track than sitting on top of the train. Either way, they are going to die, but at least if they just lie down the track, the train won't have to stop and cause inconvenience the passengers just to clean up the mess after they get electrocuted.

Aces170

ex-Mod
Mar 16, 2005
^^ Incase you missed the video, the guy was a retard (in the literal sense). The whole video seemed so surreal, the guy's body erupting from inside. This video should be broadcasted at regular intervals in mumbai stations, though gory would save a few lives for sure.

Vij

Skilled
May 22, 2006
Thats hw a bolt strikes. If you pause it at the right time you will notice a fireball engulfing him for a split second. That fried him without putting him on fire if I might say that.