'Major cables cut, Internet traffic disrupted' - Anyone facing bandwidth issues?

I was waiting for someone to post news of it. Last evening I saw my connection crawling on many international sites. I started up Steam to find pings of 600 - 700 ms to EU and assumed it had happened again... :p

Torrents won't be affected as much cause data will still come in from the rest of world through other perfectly functioning lines and within the country.

yea, So this is the reason y my GRID online Not working and internet browsing is so damn slow! most of the sites nt responding!

cricfan said:
oops sorry...didnt notice..

for me torrentz r working fine....but web browsing is slow...

cyberjunkie said:
I was waiting for someone to post news of it. Last evening I saw my connection crawling on many international sites. I started up Steam to find pings of 600 - 700 ms to EU and assumed it had happened again... :p

Torrents won't be affected as much cause data will still come in from the rest of world through other perfectly functioning lines and within the country.

Completely the opposite for me. Browsing speeds are just a bit slower, but torrent's... I usually get between 40-50KBps, now I'm getting 5-6, just over a 10th.

Thanks Sangram, this thing had to happen on the day of my meeting, when I was showing my sites to a client and he had to wait around a minute for it to open :mad:

Downloading is fine 50-52KB/s(max). Lotta sites are taking forever to open.

packet loss also occurring every now n then

I'm on MTNL

deepak3775 said:
my bsnl bb 256kbps connection has slowed down a lot since yesterday.anyone else facing the same thing?btw i'm in kanpur

That seems strange man , none of us is facing such a problem :p

hi guys,

confirming the same@ mumbai reliance wimax, browsing still slow and downloading some trackers are fine some very slow...some trackers full speed of 55k to 60k and some 15 to 20k on 400k flat conn....update frm reliance cs says uptime on 22, monday, 2008 @ 9:30am

For those who don't know yet, Flag is the backbone of all Reliance internet services. They own the company, and you can expect at least five days more of slow speeds as their cable was affected. All the other providers have redundancy on other cables so the connections should work,

My TI connection is almost back to normal already, with packet losses on their way down. I would say it's at about 80% of full speed, so it's still usable. I had to start multiple torrents to ensure I could get as close to full speed as possible. Downloading from http is still slow, though.

Back