MAFIA II ~Discussion Thread~

Shripad said:
Reached chapter 14. Tgey had to connect Mafia 1 to this somehow didnt they :p.

New hero pops old.

This post is brought to you magically from Samsung Galaxy S using Tapatalk pro.
Spoiler tags do not work. Just in case. :)

Damn I can't wait to get my hands on the game. Another good week to go before that happens. :mad:

Finished it.

I wont post spoilers, but here goes.

Its a good game. This is only the second game in last 2-3 years that I have played for more than an hour at a time. I was huge fan of Mafia I (Actually I still am. In my book its the best game I ever played ). So I was expecting a lot from this.

Story is not as gripping as Mafia I, character development is not as good. You dont really ever get attached to the central character here. And the end is no where near as dramatic as the first game. But they have left it so wide open that its almost as to say there will be Mafia III with at least one or two of the characters coming back and it will be continuation of this story line.

Storyline seems unpolished, tangled ( unfortunately not beautifully tangled ). Missions are almost all similar. Its short as well. Missions are relatively easy compared to first game. The world seems to be smaller than Heaven.

It could have been soo much better. But I will play this again rather than replaying Warhead , FC2 or MW2 :eek:r for that matter any game released after Mafia I. But its not as good or gripping as original, and thats my only complaint.

Completed it. Excellent game, although not as grand as the first game, but definitely a worthy successor. I'm sure another sequel is incoming.

'Open world' is a subjective term. If we interpret open world as free-to-roam-whenever-possible then, this purpose is not likely served in the game. If you complete a mission and then don't go off to sleep in your apartment, then you are free to roam. So it's restrictive. Also unlike the first game, we don't have a free ride option to explore the city once the main storyline is done.

Hey,anyone have this problem? I play the Mafia II demo and when I exit out the game my screen DIMS. I mean the brightness goes damm low. When I log off and log back in , screen brightness returns back to normal. I did a google search and they said to turn of Physx , but my Physx is already turned off.

I've been buying my games from nextworld.in for almost 2 years now... Service has always been topnotch & packing is also very high quality. The moment you see the hard boxes, you can be sure the games inside are safe and sound. Also, their games collection is the best. Just got Mafia 2 Collectors for PS3 today. Cost me Rs. 3100 only. Still have more than 250 reward points, thinking of using them on MOH.

sonya said:
I've been buying my games from nextworld.in for almost 2 years now... Service has always been topnotch & packing is also very high quality. The moment you see the hard boxes, you can be sure the games inside are safe and sound. Also, their games collection is the best. Just got Mafia 2 Collectors for PS3 today. Cost me Rs. 3100 only. Still have more than 250 reward points, thinking of using them on MOH.
I definitely second your opinion of nextworld.in. I wish all on line retailers did business like them.

Back