Video LCD/PLASMA option under 80k for Living area?

Umm, I know that this has been discussed many times, but if the plasma TV was used for watching cable for a few hours in a week or so.. would it cause problems like burn-in? I just want an answer from someone who owns a plasma or has knowledge about it :)

santosh86 said:
Thanks for the info @adder.
Also, since it is included in Panasonic's Indian Website; shouldn't it be available in retail outlets officially? (not grey).
well its was launched very recently so it may not yet be available in showrooms,but its mostly available in panasonic brand shops.

superbhikari said:
The light conditions in the living area is pretty bright in both day as well as nighttime.
well in that case u can go for lcds with matte or semi matte screens like 46V550A and even the samsung 46B550A

raksrules said:
^^ Can we get any LCD TV (found in showroom) at Alfa ???
If yes then what is the price difference ?

well i can tell of alfa but generaly in grey market u can get brands such as sony and samsung readily,sony lcds are always in ready stock and sell the most in grey market due to the high difference in price of showroom and grey market.u can also get sharp and panasonic (lcds only),hitachi but only upon order.

Sei said:
Umm, I know that this has been discussed many times, but if the plasma TV was used for watching cable for a few hours in a week or so.. would it cause problems like burn-in? I just want an answer from someone who owns a plasma or has knowledge about it :)

no it wont but if a static image like a DTH symbol or a news channels symbo; can cause cause temporary IR image rentention ,its like burn in but its temporary,after few hours it will be gone
but by chance u switch on the tv overnight with a static image or use it as a PC for long hours,u may get a BURN IN.

bhikhari....go and find yourself a Pioneer Kuro 42" 8XG. you will not regret it. Panasonics does not come even close to it, forget samsung and LG's of the world.

Back