Video LCD/PLASMA option under 80k for Living area?

superbhikari

Disciple
Hi Guys
Planning to add a TV to the living area. The viewing distance is 15 feet.
1) Is 42" TV sufficient as per the viewing distance? Or should go for 50"/55" Plasma TV?

2) Which will be best option under 80k for TV? Shortlisted the following so far -

a) Panasonic Plasma 42" - P42G10D - 70k
b) LG Plasma 50" - LG50PQ70 vs Samsung Plasma 50" 50B550A? - 70k
c) VU 55" LCD - Pricing?
d) VU 46" Intelligent LCD TV - 80k
e) Sony LCD 46V550A vs Samsung 46B550A vs LG Scarlet 2.0 47" ? 80-90k

Please feel free to add any other decent option based on the requirements. Also share your experience, if any, for the above mentioned options.

at a viewing distance of 15 feet a 46inch tv would be ideal size,options within ur budget are the samsung 46B530,sony46V550A.

u can also go in for a plasma if u don't game much or use it with a HTPC .in plasma u can go for a 50inch the samsung PS50B550A plasma

@Adder - I too thinking of getting either 46" LCD or 50" Plasma but the question is which brand. Eagerly wishes to have a Panasonic Plasma but there is no seller as well as service center in my town. We have Samsung/sony/lg here.

1) Which one is better between Samsung PS50B550A plasma and LG 50PQ70 Plasma?
2) What are the prices of samsung 46B530 and sony46V550A?

^^ +1

I too saw the user name and was like......:eek:hyeah:

Quite a funny name "Superbhikari"

BTW it seems most of the people including me who have plans of buying their next TV are opting for a 46 incher. So Guys who already own one and have bought lately can suggest how is their experience, any problems they faced yet, anything they found that was like "I did not expect this ???", at what price they bought and what made them buy that particular TV that they have now.

Replies from LCD experts appreciated

superbhikari said:
@Adder - I too thinking of getting either 46" LCD or 50" Plasma but the question is which brand. Eagerly wishes to have a Panasonic Plasma but there is no seller as well as service center in my town. We have Samsung/sony/lg here.

1) Which one is better between Samsung PS50B550A plasma and LG 50PQ70 Plasma?
2) What are the prices of samsung 46B530 and sony46V550A?

well in plasmas i would pick the samsung PS50B550A which is FHD vs the lg PQ70 which is HD ready.since at size of 50inch the pixel size is going to be huge,the LG PQ70 which is HD ready will just look like a large 29inch tv in terms of pixel size,where as the samsung which is FHD the pixel sizes are small,u want notice the image is made of pixels.
now regarding the panasonic plasma the only 50inch available in ur budget is the PV80 and frankly the samsung Bxxx models are better,improved SD performance,comparable contrast.

in the lcd the sony 46v550A is priced around 96k in showrooms and around 85k in grey market.the samsung 46B550 should cost around 83k or less in showrooms.

Chaos said:
Quality over quantity - buy the 42" G10 plasma. The rest are no way close in HD image quality.

Me too looking at quality but considering the viewing distance and size of the living area, 42" seems to be small. There must be a quality product too in 46" LCD or 50" Plasma for sure, if any body could point out.

adder said:
well in plasmas i would pick the samsung PS50B550A which is FHD vs the lg PQ70 which is HD ready.since at size of 50inch the pixel size is going to be huge,the LG PQ70 which is HD ready will just look like a large 29inch tv in terms of pixel size,where as the samsung which is FHD the pixel sizes are small,u want notice the image is made of pixels.
now regarding the panasonic plasma the only 50inch available in ur budget is the PV80 and frankly the samsung Bxxx models are better,improved SD performance,comparable contrast.

in the lcd the sony 46v550A is priced around 96k in showrooms and around 85k in grey market.the samsung 46B550 should cost around 83k or less in showrooms.

Panasonic has 2 models in 50" Plasma - PY850D (Full HD) and PV80D (HD ready). Any update on pricing of both?

superbhikari said:
Panasonic has 2 models in 50" Plasma - PY850D (Full HD) and PV80D (HD ready). Any update on pricing of both?

well the PY850 is just like the g10 in contrast and image processing but is less bright and consumes more power then G10,but the 50inch costs well over 1.50lakh .
the 50inch PV80 is just like 42inch version, which is HD ready has comparable contrast levels to the samsung PS50B550 plasma,except that the samsung has better image processing ,its FHD and consumes lesser power.
Regarding the lcds like samsung 46B550 and sony 46V550A they are again more then a match to the mentioned plasmas,the samsung lcds actualy have higher contrast then their plasmas and consumes half or less in power.the sonys are a bit better but unless u buy them in a grey market they aren't VFM.
u must also understand that unless u have a dark room or a room with well taught about /controlled lighting ,u want even notice the deep blacks ,since with the reflection and glare in plasmas,some lcds & crts u just won't notice those deep black levels and shadow details.

also when u compare a plasma and lcds u will definetly prefer one of the two.since many infact majority going by the sale just like the picture of the lcds.i.e they are more crisp and sharp and 3d like(ofcourse there are other reasons to the sales figure).
even OLED which is the future ,images are more crisp and sharp like the lcd but with hell of lot more contrast then every other plasma and lcd.
So in the end buy what ur eyes find the best.

Where can I get the Panasonic P42G10D in Mumbai?

......oops...i just visited the panasonic india website and 2 new Full HD 42 inchers have been released. Can anyone tell me the difference between the P42G10D and P42S10D? I mean which is better?

U wil get it in Alfa for 55k i guess.Not sure bout the price but u wil def get it in Alfa:eek:hyeah:

well atleast in bangalore,chennai grey market u don't get plasmas,so i doubt u can get in mumbai via the grey route.

@santosh86
the difference is that the S10 doesn't have the newer NeoPDP plasma panel which simply means that the S10 and other plasmas cannot show as bright images as the G10 which in turn cannot show as bright as a lcd.

Thanks for the info @adder.
Also, since it is included in Panasonic's Indian Website; shouldn't it be available in retail outlets officially? (not grey).

Back