Laptop recommendation, CAD and Gaming, Budget 100k

babu.mohan10 said:
The Asus G53Sw comes with 460M which is more powerful than 540M.

But it does not have a full hd screen, nor does the lenovo y570 or macbook pro 15 inch. So XPS 15 seems to be your only choice. The only other Full HD laptop you could get is the upcoming Sony Vaio CB17FG which comes with AMD 6630M GPU, Core i7 2620m, 4 gb ram, 640gb 7200 rpm hdd,HD webcam with EXMOR and 15.5 inch FHD. Expect MRP 69990.
G53 series had a FullHD screen the last time I checked, are you sure G53SW doesn't have one?

G53sw has FHD option. Just that availability is a bit of an issue now. Stocks should pile up again from 1st week of april. I am waiting for one myself. Will post any news I come across.

hide0us said:
G53sw has FHD option. Just that availability is a bit of an issue now. Stocks should pile up again from 1st week of april. I am waiting for one myself. Will post any news I come across.
Thanks, please post if you come across anyone selling it here, the G53SW still seems a lot better option than the XPS.

what is the expected price of G53sw...? will it be above 85k or below?

And can you tell me where to buy asus notebook here in pune?

my budget is 80-85k and i wanted sandybridge i7 notebook in coming 1-2 weeks......

My first priority is ASUS G53SW, however if I can't get that then I'll try for XPS 17. Is XPS 17 available in India? If not that then I'll have to settle with XPS 15 instead .

Still confused over which one to buy, guess I'll just stay away from laptops and make do with my 5 year old desktop for now.

G53SW will hit the stores by 1st week of may as confirmed by a local reseller here in Kolkata. The N53SN is already available with the nvidia 550m gpu. Comparing specs to price, its way better than the Xps 15.

Hp dv6-6017tx with radeon 6770m will be available by 20th of this month. The ideapad y570 launch date is still a speculation :-s

hide0us said:
Also the Msi Gt680r is available on order for 97k approx. (Courtesy: SMC International) Almost same specs as the G53Sw.
I'll wait till May then, thanks for the update :)

Back