Jio Airfiber

Any idea what the NEC NAR01 is in this listing -

Which ones did you find? Even on AliExpress, there are no purchasable USB powered dongles available. You will come across sellers misleadingly marketing 5GHz 4G dongles as 5G in a lot of cases.
Yeah maybe the case......but there are multiple 5G hotspots though.

Jio does say on its website that the device will be a plug and play Wifi hotspot
"JioAirFiber delivers fibre-like speed over the air without any wires. You just have to just plug it in, turn it on, and that's it. You now have a personal Wi-Fi hotspot in your home, connected to ultra-high-speed internet using True 5G. "

How 5g data is unlimited?
It gets over as per data limit of original plan for my friends.
you have to activate the 5G unlimited from airtel or jio app.
basic recharge of 1.5 gb per day is required to activate the 5G
don't use low power mode in iPhone

Any idea what the NEC NAR01 is in this listing -

It's a portable Wi-Fi 6-compliant 5G router (takes a nano SIM), which is also compatible with WiMAX 2+ by select Japanese carriers.

Hi All,
So just read that Jio Airfiber is launching on 19th Sept.
I am very excited about it but I have few doubts which I am not even able to find it clear on their Jio website.

I think they have not updated it yet. So incase someonehere knows can help me

Currently I am using Jio 5g on my mobile. It has been a fantastic experience since last month when I realised 5g is full free and no limit on data and speed is too good.
As I am mostly travelling and need a good speed for ipad and laptop . Keeping my mobile hotspot on makes it very hot.

So I am excited about this Airfiber thing.

My only doubt is ....i just dont need to install anything like the dish and all?

This router thing (Airfiber) works on sim right so basically it is just be like mobile thing and I can carry anywhere in India and it should work as long as that area has 5G, am i right?
And the charges will be same as wire fiber connection I believe.

If all this is true....man this is god sent for me. I have had been dealing with very limited date and not so good 4G connection since almost over a year.
Not so good 4g connection since over a year ? What makes you think you will have a good 5g connection lol..

Not so good 4g connection since over a year ? What makes you think you will have a good 5g connection lol..
Surprising I know ...but 5G has actually been very impressive for me atleast.

And Not just me I was talking to my friend here and he too said that particularly Jio has improved here after the landslides and all here in Himachal.
He does not have 5G but 4G and even that seems improved for him.

Maybe because tourist are all gone and so less people to use internet now or maybe they came and fix and upgraded the tower at same time.

It's hard for us normal folks to point out but right now I am enjoying it.

At my place, Indoors 4G Network Signal Strength Jio = 1 if lucky, Voda = Forget it, Airtel = Really ???
Outdoors, have to go to premises boundary to get 3 - 4 strength.
We switch airplane mode off / on and keep the mobile on window ledge to get OTP. Forget voice calls.
Will 5G Voice / Airfiber be any better ?

Is there a booster antenna etc to solve the problem ?

At my place, Indoors 4G Network Signal Strength Jio = 1 if lucky, Voda = Forget it, Airtel = Really ???
We switch airplane mode off / on and keep the mobile on window ledge to get OTP. Forget voice calls.

yes. There is booster antenna thing as guys earlier posted out.

btw It happens same in my old house too.
I dont know why complex residential areas have these problems but it is there. We have to go to balcony to talk and this is with all networks.

yes. There is booster antenna thing as guys earlier posted out.

btw It happens same in my old house too.
I dont know why complex residential areas have these problems but it is there. We have to go to balcony to talk and this is with all networks.
I meant booster for voice call.
I am in plotted / floors colony with wide front n service roads. Buildings are max 4 floors tall with all being 3 side open. I have backside open to a big open park, still no joy.

I meant booster for voice call.
I am in plotted / floors colony with wide front n service roads. Buildings are max 4 floors tall with all being 3 side open. I have backside open to a big open park, still no joy.
That I dont know. It is going to be for internet I believe.

I am getting very decent 5G at my place but voice call is poor. Infact I use to find 4G better for voice call.
but maybe thats just me.

GraspaDeal High Gain 18dbi Outdoor Yagi / 7.5 dbi Indoor Patch Network Antenna with 10 Mtr. N Male to N Male Low Loss Cable Gain 698 to 2700MHz https://amzn.eu/d/bkhpln2

You can find them on Amazon, though you will have to check how effective they are for your area.

Back