Is mumbai too expensive ?

45k in Mumbai with no rent worries is good, 75k in Delhi is peanuts even today. Also this is gonna be 75k in Delhi in 3 years, who knows what fresh hell is cooked up by inflation in the future.
In Mumbai:
Take a 2-3 kms rickshaw ride, 50-70 bucks or max 100 bucks by meter in Mumbai depending on traffic, might cost 200+ in Delhi / Bangalore/ Hyderabad, etc.
Train ticket to Virar from Churchgate costs 20 bucks in 2nd class, 100 bucks for 1st class. This is a distance of approximately 70 kms by rail. Point is that public transport is incredibly cheap, even AC bus travel is cheap. Ola and Uber are also available. To travel to your hometown in Rajasthan, I believe that Jaipur SF express is available at least once daily on the western line, and many other trains as well, such as Pune-Jaipur from Vasai, Aravali express, etc.

Used to subsist on Misal Pav and Vada Pav during college days. You can spend less than 200 on a good meal, or you can spend a 1000 bucks. Dabba service is available in many commercial areas, as are cheap and good hotels/restaurants. Home cooked delicious breakfast and meals are also available in most old residential localities, and I have personally lived on it for over a year when I used to stay with a cousin in Dadar. You can skimp as much as you want, or you can spend as much as you desire on food. Learn to cook and even that can be saved.

The people here are slightly better than other cities. You will seldom encounter the "Tu jaanta nahi mera baap minister ke secretary ki bhabhi ka bhai hai" vibe, or the "<State> da swag, maar le ek aur peg" deal.

Source: live in Palghar, and travel to work in Mumbai daily, previously used to visit Delhi, Noida, Bangalore, Hyderabad for work. Have stayed in Bangalore for extended periods, albeit many years ago.

45k in Mumbai with no rent worries is good, 75k in Delhi is peanuts even today. Also this is gonna be 75k in Delhi in 3 years, who knows what fresh hell is cooked up by inflation in the future.
In Mumbai:
Take a 2-3 kms rickshaw ride, 50-70 bucks or max 100 bucks by meter in Mumbai depending on traffic, might cost 200+ in Delhi / Bangalore/ Hyderabad, etc.
Train ticket to Virar from Churchgate costs 20 bucks in 2nd class, 100 bucks for 1st class. This is a distance of approximately 70 kms by rail. Point is that public transport is incredibly cheap, even AC bus travel is cheap. Ola and Uber are also available. To travel to your hometown in Rajasthan, I believe that Jaipur SF express is available at least once daily on the western line, and many other trains as well, such as Pune-Jaipur from Vasai, Aravali express, etc.

Used to subsist on Misal Pav and Vada Pav during college days. You can spend less than 200 on a good meal, or you can spend a 1000 bucks. Dabba service is available in many commercial areas, as are cheap and good hotels/restaurants. Home cooked delicious breakfast and meals are also available in most old residential localities, and I have personally lived on it for over a year when I used to stay with a cousin in Dadar. You can skimp as much as you want, or you can spend as much as you desire on food. Learn to cook and even that can be saved.

The people here are slightly better than other cities. You will seldom encounter the "Tu jaanta nahi mera baap minister ke secretary ki bhabhi ka bhai hai" vibe, or the "<State> da swag, maar le ek aur peg" deal.

Source: live in Palghar, and travel to work in Mumbai daily, previously used to visit Delhi, Noida, Bangalore, Hyderabad for work. Have stayed in Bangalore for extended periods, albeit many years ago.
office provides quarters the radius of quarter from south mumbai is uptill osihiwara and the furthest would be antpp hill and maybe near belapur on harbour .he basically covered all locations are decent if not prime.

Back