Ipad or Samsung Tab

mhkadiwal

Disciple
Guys!
I am in a fix since i can't decide what to buy Ipad 16gb costing 22050/- or Samsung Tab @ 22410 (Also there is a two month old ipad @ ****** asking 20750 plus shipping).

So, what should be my first tablet?

I forsee mainly browsing,movies and ereading as my tablet uses.
Please advice.

Mods can you please upgrade my priviledges as i can't reply to my own thread which is moved to hot deals (i requested for that and you obliged ,thanks)

Switch said:
No brainer... iPad and try and get a 3G model while you are at it...

OT: Can the 3G version used here in India? For e.g. Samsung Tab can be used for making calls too. I know that's not very user friendly, but doesn't hurt to have the convenience in case of an emergency.

You cannot make calls via iPad.Only data and getting a 3G is no brainer coz 3G charges in India are insanely high and if OP has a phone which can teether ,he can save quite a bit by choosing the WiFi model

Isnt the samsung tab more feature rich? It also has multi-tasking and 3G for a lower price.

I'd also like to know the answer to this question, but how exactly is iPad better?

I am using Galaxy tab and it is a great device for me. It is very portable and replace my laptop for mails, basic browsing, music, watch movies. Even i am using it in my car for GPS. It is all round device for all purpose. Even using it for video calls and had really good experience.

Some 3D games plays very well. No issues with performance as i have flashed custom rom from XDA. I would definitely recommend it but if you have time wait for new 8.9, 10 inch Tabs as they have android Honeycomb OS which built for tablets.

Get ipad . It a bit cheaper now and BSNL is giving good 3g plans for 3g ipads . If u wanna even better , get the ipad 2 .

IPAD for 1 simple reason, DEDICATED APPS specially designed for ipad

you just think what you what to do with your iOS device, and you will find a BEAUTIFULLY Designed app to do that.

Man!!

It is getting even more confusing as replies come.

Members can you please analyze my original post wrt price and suggest the better vfm .

More replies please..

Things in favor of iPad:

Optimized iOS out of the box; Thousands of apps optimized for Tablet

Smooth and Amazing Web Browsing/Gaming Experience

Things in favor of Tab:

More RAM!!

More mod-ability (via community support)

Cameras

Can be used as a phone (yea yea I know )

The biggest difference between the two, though, is

PORTABILITY!

If you want a bigger screen to casually browse when home, get the iPad hands-down!

If portability and light-weight is what you are looking for (especially to surf the web on the go), go for Tab (only because it is now selling for cheap)!

In the end, both are Gen-1 tablets and are already outdated with the launch of iPad 2 (and Tab 2 release around the corner). So I would invest in something which has a better chance of being future proof and IMO, that would be the Tab since there is a very high chance of it getting Honeycomb unofficially/officially! However, as is the case with all Android vs iOS devices, if you don't want to mess around/tinker with the tablet, get the iPad for it's sheer OOTB usability! For Tab, you will need to flash custom firmwares/mess with the internals to get a smooth experience! Cheers :)

IPad gets my vote, but my next tablet after IPad would be something using Windows(just because iPad was so perfect that I wanted it to replace my laptop but without the right productivity tool, that cant be done hence the windows preference hope Microsoft is listening and they produce a decent OS)

Just came back after watching some of the new Galaxy Tab 10.1 videos. Looks pretty impressive. But as far as the original Tab and iPad go, it really is a no-brainer to go with the iPad.

Back