iPad 4 or Google Nexus 10?

Nexus 10 is clearly the better choice if you are not a fanboy of Apple...it will give you Android which can never be compared to the walled artificial garden that is ios
Care to explain why do you prefer a wild jungle(using your analogy)over a walled garden for any serious work?

I am looking for a tablet for watching movies, playing games and doing some browsing.

As far as I can read the OP is not talking about any serious work. In terms of a wild jungle, if you called having choices as wild, then yes Android lets you decide what you want. If you want something that is set in stone then I think Ipad is better.

In terms of priorities of OP, movies is the first thing and I can safely say that N10 was better while playing the 8gb rip of the dark knight. We played the same movie on ipad 3 and n10, and there was no competition in terms of quality.

I have already said I dont play many games on my N10 but prefer the xbox for it. Browsing, I have not seen any sites where I have had to scroll to the right. All the website text is automatically reflowed through the browsers and it doesnt go to the right.

if watching movies are important, then N10 should be better... i'm using ipad3 and i hate watching movies in that :( Had a good experience in Galaxy Tab Plus and friend is having N10 and the screen is so good :D

As far as I can read the OP is not talking about any serious work. In terms of a wild jungle, if you called having choices as wild, then yes Android lets you decide what you want. If you want something that is set in stone then I think Ipad is better.

In terms of priorities of OP, movies is the first thing and I can safely say that N10 was better while playing the 8gb rip of the dark knight. We played the same movie on ipad 3 and n10, and there was no competition in terms of quality.

I have already said I dont play many games on my N10 but prefer the xbox for it. Browsing, I have not seen any sites where I have had to scroll to the right. All the website text is automatically reflowed through the browsers and it doesnt go to the right.
I just hope op is not throwing away 30k for watching 8GB rips in a 10 inch screen(no matter how insanely high the resolution is or how great the panel is) and you forgot to mention about the battery life of the N10

Who is a power user?

A power user uses the CWM or ClockworkMod Recovery originally developed by Koushik Dutta, or “Koush”, CWM lets power users do all kinds of really powerful tasks that aren’t included in the stock recovery on most devices.Some advanced tasks are advanced recovery, backups, restorations, and maintenance and also we can flash custom ROMs and kernels, which are some of the most common reasons for installing CWM.

Now coming on topic

I think N10 suits more to the OP requirements

I just hope op is not throwing away 30k for watching 8GB rips in a 10 inch screen(no matter how insanely high the resolution is or how great the panel is) and you forgot to mention about the battery life of the N10

ipad might be 30k but n10 is just 450 bucks and not 30k..450 inc tax and shipping..i might be mistaken but does the 30k ipad have a gps on board?nfc?

Movies: I have not seen the Nexus 10 but like you say, if the screen quality is on par with the ipad3 then the fact that android can play any format including mkv means that it will be a better movie machine

Games: This is where the iPad takes a clear lead with many developers making either iOS apps first and then porting it to Android or staying iOS exclusive despite demand from Android users like Supercell for example.

Irony is that google has released a youtube video capture app on iOS and is working on an Android version :(

16:9 is good for movies/videos but with 16:10 you can work more comfortably,if you have big charts
Virtually all websites are vertically oriented, as are the majority of applications.
If we are putting it in laymen terms. I'd rather scroll up and down,then scroll to the right because the paragraphs are wide and short, instead of being narrower and long. If that makes any sense.

16:10 really ?

All ipad's including the latest ipad mini is using the old school 4:3 aspect ratio, who told you that ipad have 16:10 aspect ratio ?

Source : iPad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OP: If you are looking for a 10" tablet then get an iPad. No matter what anyone says iPad is the tablet king.

What it has over the competition:

Better GPU. (Nobody can touch iPad 2 GPU, forget iPad 4).
Better Camera. (If that matters to you)
Better Apps. (Both Quality and don't get me started on the quantity).
Better Browsing. (The art of scrolling, Pinch to Zoom, Tap to zoom).
Better Build Quality.
Better Battery Life.
Better Price.
Better Accessories.
Better Availability.
Better After Sales Support.

To koi woh kyon le, Yeh na le.

@OP Don't fall for the high speed processor or better GPU gimmicks because if a device is able to run the software designed for it properly then that's what is required.
Like is someone compares processor of an iPhone to a Galaxy S3 which is absolutely wrong. Both don't run the same app (as in code level, not app name) and if a device is able to run majority of apps fine so the processor is sufficient right ?

Also if you get a chance please check them and use them a bit before deciding as that will clearly outline what you want and what not. Buy what suffices your wants rather than N number of people telling this and that. I bought an iPad 2 when there was already iPad 3 in the market as i knew what i wanted and frankly i was not able to differentiate between retina and non retina screens on iPad at least.

Despite me preferring Android over IOS for Eco system. (I have my reasons and if you want to argue lets take it somewhere else) I suggest a very good friend of mine to go with Ipad.

Even tough Android is doing fairly well in the phone segment, IOS is the king in tablets. Ipad if affordable is a awesome device. Also, Since games and movies are his only requirements Ipad 4 is the choice.

I will be mostly using it during my travel for content consumption or at home for some quick browsing using wifi. Definitely won't watch movies on the tab when in station. Would rather prefer my gorgeous 42" LED.

A power user uses the CWM or ClockworkMod Recovery originally developed by Koushik Dutta, or “Koush”, CWM lets power users do all kinds of really powerful tasks that aren’t included in the stock recovery on most devices.Some advanced tasks are advanced recovery, backups, restorations, and maintenance and also we can flash custom ROMs and kernels, which are some of the most common reasons for installing CWM.

Now coming on topic
Oh really!!Are you techboi's new avatar?

Movies - 16:9/16:10 is preferred. Not 4:3. Would say go for the N10.

Ebooks - Your pick. Some prefer iPad, I prefer something akin to a 7" tablet which I can carry with ease. Both are more or less equal.

Gaming - IPad is better.

Browsing - Both should be similar. I prefer

I would say the N10 is better with the mass storage mode.

And for the idiotic fanboy who is hell bent on proving Apple is better, STHU. You are getting this conversation nowhere.

Oh really!!Are you techboi's new avatar?

No i am not, but i guess you are definitely a fanboy going by your signature at least but hell you don't even know that aspect ratio of ipad is 4:3.

My advice is that first get your facts right and then make these baseless claims.

There was a lil argument going on Macrumor about 16:9 vs 16:10 in Macs while I posted here,hence the little mistake.
My signature is pretty old,my arsenal is much longer now,and have actually used (not tried)2 and still have one Android tablet(7 inch tab2)with me and do know a couple of things about them too.

iPad 4. the game library on android is nowhere close to the one on iOS both in terms of quality or quantity.

not to forget you get warranty with the iPad.

Back