ipad 2 or wait for ipad 3

Aakash

Adept
Hi.

I want to buy a tablet ..preferably around 10in..

Ipad is best interms of tablets coz i like the os alot..

I have heard that. ipad 3 is comming out in a few months..

Im getting an ipad 32gb wifi at 23k.. of course 2ed hand but in good condition..

So here's my querry..

Should i go for this or should i wait for ipad 3 to come..

The rumors were milling up towards a probable launch of next gen iPad on March,7. (Source - cultofmac,macrumors)

Wait for iPad 3. However, it will be priced higher. Anyways, if the price seems too high, you could get an iPad 2 instead.

#vantheman5211, any info?

ipad 3 will be coming next month,that is a given.

ipad 1 at 23 k is steep and apple being apple,you will not have the smoothest future updates.save every penny because iPad 2 is in its very last days and iPad 3 will maintain the same price because unlike the 4s,iPad's price is dictated by apple india.

Current iPad prices will drop in the week of launch and I don't think iPad will have quad core and only worth upgrade will be retina display if I have to hazard a guess.

As far as I know a5x will be higher clocked a5 dual core processor with faster graphics .

I honestly don't expect a quad core tablet from apple.

So for me, If I were in your place, I will cash in on discount thrown in week of launch and use iPad 2 happily as current configuration is good and it will surely receive iOS updates for next two yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think u should wait for the IPAD 3 as the configuration speculated around, i think that the price will be more than 50k if u don't believe me just look at iphone 4s.

Okay and quad core is not needed in terms of tablet bcoz u can't do high quality stuffs on that like rendering decoding etc..

So a dual core is best in terms of money and function even most tablet apps are not utilising the dual core effectively then y u need quad core.

If u insist on quad core HUAWEI is launched quad core tablet but its android.

^^ Dude!!!

There is a difference between other quad cores and iPad quad cores.!

The multi-threading API's are hard coded in the OS level which is already optimised for the hardware it runs on...

which extracts better performance for the given app!

And regarding high level Apps,

Adobe started with the photoshop and its just the beginning! already my friend uses autocad to view and edit files in iPad!!!

If price hike rumors are to be believed, it would increase by 80USD!!! (Got info from the cargo shipping)

or best may be the same....

so there is huge benefit of waiting for 3-4 weeks....

Else safe bet, get ipad 2 at discounted prices after iPad 3 release...(already best buy slashed 50$)

HArd codede?? ..
<
^^What??All the threading is implemented in OS level. Irrespective of OSes. For ages. Its not some iOS speciality.The libraries that u use to code only direct the requests and queueing to the OS. Please dont give wrong information. If u want to argue with me, please go through some threading articles and type.

Guys,

I got an ipad 1st gen 16gb in 10/10 condition..for 12k,

I think even after 6 months i would be able to sell it for 10k atleast....

And then ipad 3 prices would also slash down a bit, as by that time it would also be launched in india..

Why "Aakash" is enquiring about iPad?

What do u mean by this???

I want to buy an ipad so, enquiring, is it wrong doing so,..

I have used my fathers ipad a bit( for a few weeks), and i like its super smooth os..

So, got interested in ipads..

However apple is releasing iPad on March 7th, it wil take a little bit more time to reach to the end consumers due to scarcity of HD panels which are being used in iPad 3, iPad 2 are available at nice price levels, while iPad 3 will surely get price tag of 45k++, check Transformer price quad-core tablet, it is also launched with a price tag of 46k. so don't expect Apple quad-core to be any cheaper.

My advise will be to go with iPad 2, @bro happy so see that you also belongs to Chhattisgarh, one of my classmate is also from Ambikapur...

However apple is releasing iPad on March 7th, it wil take a little bit more time to reach to the end consumers due to scarcity of HD panels which are being used in iPad 3, iPad 2 are available at nice price levels, while iPad 3 will surely get price tag of 45k++, check Transformer price quad-core tablet, it is also launched with a price tag of 46k. so don't expect Apple quad-core to be any cheaper.

My advise will be to go with iPad 2, @bro happy so see that you also belongs to Chhattisgarh, one of my classmate is also from Ambikapur...

Nice to know u too..

Is there any chance of getting iPad 3, in India.. This month after 16th.... As apple has already declared the price of 16gb wifi @ 499 $ ...that means 25k.. So, my question is when will the dealers start importing it to India. And at what price...

Its not $499 all over the US ,there is tax ($30 to $40)which makes it to $530 ~$540.Coming to India release date you can expect it to be 2 or 3 months late and dont expect it to be sold at same price. The price is exclusive to the US and mostly HK.

Can some one tell me if the ipad3 bought from USA will be locked or unlocked if i intend to use it in India. I mean can i use a vodaphone 3g service on it?

Can some one plz tell me, that if the iPad3 is bought from USA will it be locked or unlocked if i intend to use it in India?

I mean can i use a vodaphone 3g service on it?

Does Vodaphone provide a micro sim for 3g?

And which version to buy? The AT&T or the Verizon????

Back