CPU/Mobo Intel Conroe News Thread

Darklord said:
Abit has launched its new mobo based on Intel 965 Chipset.Check it out,

Abit AB9

I must say this is the first board i have seen with the most weird layout.:S

And just look at those hideous colors,whats wrong with them ? couldnt they find any better colours ?

What were Abit Engineers thinking ??????:rofl:
Seriously... I took one look... identical conclusion :eek:hyeah:

^ Darky is quite fashion conscious :eek:hyeah:

On a serious note, Abit have been using the Orangy red - Blue color combo for quite a while (right from the K7 days if i'm not mistaken). Only on recent models have they started adding a dash of color to the memory slots, sata ports as well. Doesnt look too bad, but I guess they could've used the darker red (used predominantly on fatality boards) and tried to avoid using different shades of color for each and every component.

Well i dont mind the generic green colour also but just look at that orange colour and the blue/green color used on the heatsinks and all,they just dont match....

ANyways thats not important.

Conroe to be available in India from July End. :clap:

Intel has announced it will be launching the Core 2 Duo processor toward the end of July for PCs and laptops.

Read the entire article here -:)

Conroe Indian Entry

hi techies.....i want to buy a pc....my budget is 75k max.....
i hav many problems....i'll state all one by one......

1) 1st of all i wanted to buy a 19" crt moniter. vendor told me that its nt available rgt nw. there is a new viewsonic model comin which is priced around 11k. he is also giving me a lcd moniter of 8 ms responce time of viewsonic in 11k. nw wot shud i go for if i am an avid gamer. ( since 19" crt n 17" lcd have same viewing area.).

2) if i but a pc rgt nw i'll go for amd 3800 x2 n a xfx 7900gt. my another option is to wait for a month or so n get intel conroe. shud i do it. n will the combination of e6400 n a intel mobo be equal to price of 3800x2 n a8ne?????

3) with dx10 compatible cards coming in a while ....i m also tempted to go for it. i hav heard that g80 is a nvidia dx10 compatible card. i want to know that will i b able to install dx10 if i dont hav a compatible card. mean will i b able to play games which require dx10 on 7900gt??????(even on medium settings)
i that case i hav two option again.........
a) to buy the pc with a standby card such as 6600 n then buy g80 wen it comes..........

b) to buy pc with 7900gt.....sell it wen g80 come n buy a g80.

wot shud i do....................plz help me.........

^^ you are not supposed to post your queries in this thread.Make a new thread for your inquiry or best,refer existing threads to find an answer to your queries.

Intel Woodcrest: the Birth of a New King - Anandtech

Conclusion

It took a few years, which is normal for any architecture redesign, but we feel Intel has finally created a product that is not just competitive to the AMD Opteron. Woodcrest outperforms all of the competition in 2-way configurations, and it does so with lower power consumption. This combination leads to better Performance/Watt in all tested situations. Woodcrest not only outperforms it's predecessor by over 100% in Performance/Watt, but it outperforms Opteron by as much as 60% in Performance/Watt. In terms of straight performance the Woodcrest led the way by anywhere from 18 to 35% at higher system loads. We feel that Intel has the vision to continue this trend, as they have a clear roadmap for next year and beyond. Expect to see even further gains in 2007. How those parts will compete with future AMD products is unknown, but we have competition and that is always good for the consumer.

Hexus has posted a post nda review on core2duo processors.

HEXUS.net : Review : Intel Core 2 Duo/Extreme Processors' Review : Page - 1/8

Intel has learned from its overly optimistic view of Pentium 4 scaling and designed a new core architecture that simultaneously focusses on performance and energy efficiency, which, we suppose, is the Holy Grail of consumer-level computing.

It's difficult not to be wholly impressed with Intel's Core 2 Duo processors. The micro-architecture leverages a bunch of smart technologies that come together to form the most potent range of CPUs available. Putting it in some kind of context, the next-to-bottom model, E6400, costing $220, is, over the course of our benchmarks, as fast as an AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 or Intel Extreme Edition 965. That, readers, is how good Core 2 Duo is.

What's equally as impressive as sheer performance is the fact that Intel has managed to architect such power into an energy-efficient package that puts out half the TDP of the two aforementioned high-end CPUs. Even the Extreme Edition, clocked in at 2.93GHz and multiplier-unlocked, ships with a 75W TDP. We suppose it's like buying a faster, more powerful car that also gives better fuel economy than your current model. A win-win situation.

We also like the fact that Intel, unusually, hasn't jumped on to a different form-factor with the release of a new architecture. You can simply slot a Core 2 Duo in a number of LGA i975X boards or opt for a 965-Express version. Intel also assures us that it will have high-volume Core 2 Duos immediately after launch, so you won't have to wait long to get your mitts on one.

Intel, then, has moved the goalposts as far as consumer-level CPUs are concerned. Its low-end Core 2 Duo parts are more than a match for anything that has come before and its high-end models, headlined by the Core 2 Extreme X6800, have absolutely no peer.

Architecturally speaking, AMD's Athlon 64 AM2 range hasn't changed an iota from yesterday to today. However, with Core 2 Duo soundly beating it in performance it's looking a lot less attractive. AMD needs to take a sledgehammer (pun intended) to current pricing if it is to remain competitive. Right now, if you're thinking of upgrading your PC and want the best solution possible for your money, you need to turn to Intel and not AMD. The empire has struck back.

It would be tempting to give the Core 2 Extreme X6800 the overall award. However, taking into account price vs. performance that award belongs to the Core 2 Duo E6400. It's a £150 CPU (once we factor rip-off Britain in the equation) that gives an Intel E.E 965 and AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 AM2 bloody noses - we love it!

mjp1618 said:

read a few of them lots of links posted by u today.

amdowned160px7vj.jpg

Ok now this needs to stop,there is one thread where all links are being posted.No need to start in this thread,i am deleting all the review related posts made recently.

Powerspec to introduce overclocked Core 2 Extreme PC - TG Daily

The firm's Extreme 9800 model will use a Core 2 Extreme 6800 processor that has been overclocked from 2.93 GHz to 3.2 GHz. Other features of the system include a 700W power supply, two graphics cards (ATI X1900 XTX, X1900 Crossfire) with a total of 1024 MB memory, 2 GB system memory, two 150 Western Digital Raptor hard drives and one 400 GB SATA hard drive, a DVD burner and separate DVD ROM drive.

The system will be offered for $4500 without monitor.

Err.... if someone among you wants to give me an Independence Day's gift... just remember this one...:)

Back