Car & Bike Indian Cabs Services Feedback Thread (Uber,Ola,Meru Etc)

Surge pricing is pretty bad in Hyderabad. Almost all times the prices are above normal especially during early mornings and evenings both on Ola and Uber. I did not face any such issues in Bangalore or Bhubaneswar.

This is turning out to be common on Uber with 1.2x or 1.4 or up to 1.8x surges, All i do is use notify me if surge ends and then travel for normal fares. Trust me, even during peak times i never paid more than 140 for 12km trip.

EOD Uber is better than Ola.

A guy I know is trying to get his car inducted into Ola/Uber and so knows the requirements of both.
He told me that Uber has some strict conditions, on fulfillment of which Uber will pay the driver a minimum amount of Rs.2500/day. One of the conditions is that the driver has to have a user rating of 90% or more.
Ola has no such requirement.
This makes Uber better than Ola (in my opinion)

Same here. Uber is far better than Ola in terms of service. But the Uber app sucks. Has random bugs, there is no way to browse history or check out previous bills. The WP version still doesn't support debit cards.

Until now used only ola. But after introducing ride time uber is better and cheaper. Have very good maintained cars. Also ola app is buggy. Every time i moved places through flights. My ola map stuck with old map.

I am using services of OLA/Uber regularly since last few months in Mumbai.
I always thought that Black/Yellow cabs are an identity of Roads in Mumbai but was fed up with constant reusals and tampered meters even after introduction of electronic meters. Everytime I come out of my house to hire a cab, I'll face 2-3 refusals before some one agrees. They behave as if they do not want to do business. Try hiring a cab near crawford market in Mumbai, the road is fully jam due to parked cabs but GOD knows where they all want to go to earn fare.

Introduction of MERU and Tab Cabs was a big relief, as we could book cabs and enjoy AC rides and pay the correct fare. The drivers were also earning good amount. But after couple of years, due to the success, as we say in hindi, "Sabko charbi chhad gayee". The drivers started cancelling confirm bookings. Call centre confirms booking but driver will decide, I'll not go. Introduction of trade unions didn't help either. In order to boost the dwindling profits the companies increased the fares and started to devote less amount of upkeep of taxis. The result was high fares and badly maintained cabs. Black/Yellow cabs were back in business.

OLA/ UBER both are good as of now, but as few people rightly pointed out, this will not last for ever. At some point VC's will look for profit and fares will rise. After enjoying success, like all other companies, service quality will not remain same. Example of Flipkart/WS retail is right before us.

So, make hay while sun shines. Jab tak badhiya chal raha hai, jyada socho mat. Enjoy the cheap ride while it lasts. After that our not so trusted black/yellow cab is there.

More than 500 drivers claiming to be working for Uber have on Tuesday held protests at its city headquarters under the banner of Telangana Cabs and Bus Operators' Association (TCBOA).

TCBOA president Syed Nizamuddin alleged Uber lured thousands of cab drivers by promising monthly income of about 70,000 but they were not able to earn more than 15,000 owing to drastic cut in incentives and number of trips.

Over the past one month, the incentives per ride for the drivers have been reduced from 225 to 150 in Hyderabad, said Uber driver and car-owner Narayana Rao.

He said the company has been charging Rs 300 towards device charges per week, deducted from the driver's account irrespective of the login, apart from the 20% commission charged by the company per ride.

http://tech.economictimes.indiatime...r-of-dishonouring-incentive-promises/48677491

The idiot taxi drivers are cribbing about 20% commission every time I talk to them.
When I ask them, if not for Ola/Uber - what would they be doing - how many passengers they would ferry?
They have no answer.

Now I have an issue with Uber.
First of all, their new Payment system using Indian debit cards is non-functional. My friend was able to pay with his SBI Debit Card but I was unable to pay using both my SBI as well as ICICI Debit card. They simply show an error that they were unable to charge my card.

Recently, my mom signed up using my referal code and took her first ride which was supposed to be free. Only to find a mail from Uber that "we were unable to charge ₹xxx/- from you card"!
I mailed them asking that the first ride was supposed to be free. I had checked that 1 free ride was listed before booking the cab.
They have all weird replies. First time they repiled that I have voilated thier TOC without giving any further details. When I asked them for details, they said that I have shared my (mom's) invite code in public sites which is against their TOC.
I asked them to prove that I have done so. Nobody used my Mom's invite code to sign up. My mom used my invite code.
The next reply was that I had multiple accounts. (I did login using my account on my mom's phone). But haven't they provided login/logout feature?

So everytime their reason for charging my free ride keeps changing.

Not really a cab guy, I prefer local transport over cabs.

Ola and Meru cancel at the last minute. Or near about refuse to turn up.

Taxi For Sure was excellent. As expected, Ola has made it worse.

HAve had great experience with OLA and TFS. Except two times,
First time the idiot driver refused to come into the lane and insisted that we come all the way to the main road. And it was raining cats and dogs. ****ing trucks go in and out of there and this idiot was afraid of scratch.

Second time in Bangalore, we were 2 adults +2 teens people and a young kid. After having used OLA with same bunch of people some 20 times. This idiot suddenly has a problem with the kid being there. Like you're now supposed to hire another taxi for the kid. We refused to get off, told the bugger to move or we call the police. He called the OLA guys and they said they could send another cab if we didnt like this one. We insisted on making this bugger take us, and he did. The experience however wasn't great. All the way on the ride he was cribbing to someone on phone while driving about how much Ola sucks and the percentage they take.

IMO in the long term these Independent Indian buggers don't have the sense to last with a quality aggregator. Only the taxies run by Travel companies will survive. These buggers will go back to being road side sleepy heads complaining about how the world is unfair to them and overcharging people in distress.

Second time in Bangalore, we were 2 adults +2 teens people and a young kid. After having used OLA with same bunch of people some 20 times. This idiot suddenly has a problem with the kid being there. Like you're now supposed to hire another taxi for the kid. We refused to get off, told the bugger to move or we call the police. He called the OLA guys and they said they could send another cab if we didnt like this one. We insisted on making this bugger take us, and he did.
In a cab that is supposed to seat 5 people (including the driver), you were forcing the driver to accept 6 people (including the driver)? And you also threatened to go to the police!

इस देश का कुछ नहीं हो सकता

In a cab that is supposed to seat 5 people (including the driver), you were forcing the driver to accept 6 people (including the driver)? And you also threatened to go to the police!

Did I mention what Car it was?
Did I mention the make or the model?
Then how did you come to the conclusion that it can hold only 5?
Where is it written that a hand held kid is counted as a person?
Why did the 19 others that we have used from OLA before this guy, never had a problem and were more than accommodating including the senior guy from OLA who agreed this guy was an aberration?
Why do you cast aspersions and assume stuff based on your imagination instead of reality?

Its becoming harder and harder to share stuff on TE without being judged by the mob on TE who'l just assume stuff. I guess I'll take a pass on the forums from now, unless absolutely necessary, lest someone else comes and acts all high and mighty.

Did I mention what Car it was?
Did I mention the make or the model?
Then how did you come to the conclusion that it can hold only 5?
Why did the 19 others that we have used from OLA before this guy, never had a problem and were more than accommodating including the senior guy from OLA who agreed this guy was an aberration?
Why do you cast aspersions and assume stuff based on your imagination instead of reality?

Its becoming harder and harder to share stuff on TE without being judged by the mob on TE who'l just assume stuff. I guess I'll take a pass on the forums from now, unless absolutely necessary, lest someone else comes and acts all high and mighty.
80%+ ola cars are Swift Dezire or Tata Indica. Both have a seating capacity of 5 (including driver).
If a car is involved in some accident(god forbid), the person sitting on the lap is at higher risk of getting hurt.
I am not sure what the rule is in your city. In Kolkata, if a cab carries more than 4 people, they can be a fined Rs.3000. But for small kids, the rule is overlooked.

Instead of raising ruckus and blaming the hoi polloi (and including me in it), a simple thing to shut me up and force me to tuck my tail between my legs would have been if you just said that you booked a Toyota Innova and yet the driver had issues accommodating 5 passengers (plus the driver).

(Let me give you a taste of your own medicine ;))
Where did you mention that the kid accompanying you was a "hand held" infant, who wouldn't take up an additional seat, and that is why you consider the driver to be an irritating 'tard.

Why did the 19 others that we have used from OLA before this guy, never had a problem and were more than accommodating including the senior guy* from OLA who agreed this guy was an aberration?
Oh, all the more reason to say once again:

:)
जय हिंद !

*The senior guy at OLA is a remarkable salesman, he knows that "the customer is always right".

Last edited:
RTA's need to step and regulate these app based taxis. Surge pricing is seriously a mess.
Uber is best at robbing from customers 3x normal fare even if there are 6-7 cabs in <1km radius, Same is the case with Ola 2x normal fare.

Back