Increasing costs for GPRS packs

Airtel has removed the 185 gprs pack. I have not tried 3g on my sim. I would like to give it a shot on my n4. Do i just activate the 3g pack or something else to be done?

Stupid docomo also revised their 2G plans making them costlier.

155 Rs plan changed from 5GB 60 days to 3GB 30 days.

210 Rs plan changed from 8GB 90 days to 3GB 60 days.

I used docomo 3G for couple of months in Pune. Speeds were amazing 7mbps on pantech. Later on switched to 2G with great plan. 5GB 2G for 60 days for 155 Rs. Used up 4gb last month (on 2G) just for browsing and little downloading files upto 90MB. Happy with the speed.

^^^ 5gb Unlimited ..Okie I m using 252 1Gb plan...Is it unlimited?

No it is not unlimited. After 1 GB (existing plan you are on) they will cut money from your main balance or will be charged in your bill.
The 5GB one is unlimited in the sense that you will get 3G speeds till 5 GB and then pathetic 64kbps speeds for unlimited usage. Believe me you would cry using internet at those speeds. Not worth it. But yes if your usage is under 5 GB for the month then the plan is good for you.

For Mumbai is there any prepaid plan for 3G where I can activate it as per my daily use. Per day validity.

I require this for weekends as I am always out on weekends in Mumbai with family and friends. This will help me as I will not have to pay for the whole month and when I am home I am having Fivenet/i-On connection to use.

Please suggest.

we are stuck till Mukesh ambani brings in his 4G LTE hotspots,
that will repeat the RCOM DAPO offer.
if you remember,we used to pay for incoming also and when rcom cdma came,it brought down the incoming and reduced the call charges.

To get info of any plan/ recharge options just visit airtel.in on ur mobile to open simple light pages. Its well designed site to recharge online through mobile.

They are giving 10% extra talktime on some recharges as well.

I am aware of the site, and the offer.. but a word on the practical usage from the members here will be useful.
I am fine while using 2g only as i dont see the need to opt for 3g, but the problem might be the speeds on 2g.. which i had heard were very poor.
3g on airtel hasnt been satisfactory either and hence i wanted to hear from the users which plan (with details) is performing upto certain degree of satisfaction.

My usage will only be checking the odd mail, lil browsing and using apps like whatsapp.

I am aware of the site, and the offer.. but a word on the practical usage from the members here will be useful.
I am fine while using 2g only as i dont see the need to opt for 3g, but the problem might be the speeds on 2g.. which i had heard were very poor.
3g on airtel hasnt been satisfactory either and hence i wanted to hear from the users which plan (with details) is performing upto certain degree of satisfaction.

My usage will only be checking the odd mail, lil browsing and using apps like whatsapp.

I dunno about you but Airtel 3g works exceptionally great for me, >7mbps speed consistently. Heck I find using airtel 2g is better than vodafone or reliance 3g tbh.

go for the plan I mentioned(Rs155) and check for yourself.

I also get > 7mbps speeds on Airtel 3G. 2G speeds however are only 80 kbps, it seems like they are capped or something.

Aircel Unlimited 500MB 3G then 2g is a good option.
Am using it and i am not regretting about it a day. Best for 3g and good speeds around 400KB per sec.

Back