[Important] Career Grade: F!

I have bad experience with job applications.

Eg: 1st, On job portals we usually click on Apply button and that's it! But when even after applying this way if you don't get any response, I try to follow up by calling that person whose details are posted. But sadly none of them reply if we mail them formally.:meh:

2nd, if we try to dial that no. it isn't a direct no but reception or boards. So that fails as well coz you call is never forwarded to that person.:stop:

3rd, the HR etc. never reveals any contact info but just some useless job code.:mad:

4th, luckily if ever your call gets connected, they will again ask you to fwd Cv with some documents copy and will ask to wait for a day or 2 3 5 10 15.....forget it! Move on to next job follow up and this cycle goes on repeating..:banghead:

So forget applying, followup itself sucks many times.

Last edited:
I know of a friend, who dropped out out of college ( Arts ..) started learning coding/web-development and got really good at it and he is now working in my Company and getting good salary. His qualification says 12th pass, but he is pretty good at what he does, he worked hard and it paid off. He is now more qualified and experienced then fresher Btech's of same age and he is earning more than them.

I know of a friend, who dropped out out of college ( Arts ..) started learning coding/web-development and got really good at it and he is now working in my Company and getting good salary. His qualification says 12th pass, but he is pretty good at what he does, he worked hard and it paid off. He is now more qualified and experienced then fresher Btech's of same age and he is earning more than them.
Prodigy or took lessons? Some friends suggested some sites for web development lessons. I plan to have a look when i can.
Why not try for technician/operator type jobs?
Can you be more specific?
Or System Admins??
I've never tried although I don't mind doing internship.
Also guys I'm dropping out of college. Will start anew in open.
I'm checking out freelancing sites for potential projects but damn pocket net cannot carry the bandwidth load.
My "skills" are very vague frankly speaking. I'm looking into copywriter, social media, data entry and related projects. Also a little creative kind of guy. I sketch logos as a hobby. But zero Photoshop skills. Feel free to recommend me to your colleagues. :D
I was also thinking of starting my own firm but no capital so I'm stuck. Gotta save up.
Also does anyone know about "survey job"? Legit? I heard both the good and bad. Each claiming to be legit lol.

I checked some freelancing sites. They are a bit more complicated than I thought. Also I'm not confident about my "skills" for the clients there.
And my main problem is not "not doing" but rather "not knowing where to go or what to do" since I'm more like a jack of all trades.
I've listed all my likes and dislikes and my other interests on the first page. Any help/specific info. in this regard is much appreciated. I've been idling away too much than I'd like. :/ about time I get my mind to work.

Last edited:
You are going to have to slog at something really hard for a couple of years regardless of the field to get out of this situation. Like getting an intership/apprentice/"BPO type" job and doing a part time degree course and the only entertainment you let yourself have is to working on building a portfolio and learning web design/graphics software (photoshop and sketchup at the barest minimum).

That is, unless you are really lucky or have the connections that will get you a cozy job without having anything to show for it.

You are going to have to slog at something really hard for a couple of years regardless of the field to get out of this situation. Like getting an intership/apprentice/"BPO type" job and doing a part time degree course and the only entertainment you let yourself have is to working on building a portfolio and learning web design/graphics software (photoshop and sketchup at the barest minimum).

That is, unless you are really lucky or have the connections that will get you a cozy job without having anything to show for it.
I plan to learn Photoshop this summer. I used Google SketchUp a few years ago.
Can't do BPO now. Also dropped out of college, confirmed. Will attend IGNOU.
I was asked if I was interested in motor vehicles sales and marketing cars and bikes in one branch. 6k a month and that there is a more reliable future in this path. I personally have no idea. Not the engine-guy. Its a day job so I might take it.

See sometimes in life you have to do something which you dont want to do but for survival and situation you have to coz no other way out. Esp our fav. field and not my type of work etc.:shifty:

And other time you know mix knowledge about many things but lack confidence in approaching or entering professionally.:singing:

Doing this and that courses isn't gonna help coz its just out of hobby and or purely pastime. What will count is if you are gonna take this hobby and pastime seriously into a career option.:stinkyfeet:

In my teenage days I have done almost all types of courses ranging from basic dtp to languages, db, animation and system. But all were done purely as a vocational tp and hobby time until one day I realized to get serious and decided to go into systems servers. In fact it wasn't even decided, it just happened. So thats the focus you require.;)

You have to be very specific and zero down on 1 career option seriously at half way in life until you are very much financially stable to think off a career change.:finger:

Last edited:
Yes I do understand what you are saying.
Also guys I have some <…> (i don't even want to say the word) news. But I won't share it just yet till I'm 100% sure. Even 99.9% is not good enough because things tend to fail the moment I start raising some hope. So I'll wait for it to solidify. Till then I'll do my best to make it come true.

iPwnz said:
Prodigy or took lessons? Some friends suggested some sites for web development lessons. I plan to have a look when i can.

Just hard working and not dumb. Took lessons and guidance.

Yes I do understand what you are saying.
Also guys I have some <…> (i don't even want to say the word) news. But I won't share it just yet till I'm 100% sure. Even 99.9% is not good enough because things tend to fail the moment I start raising some hope. So I'll wait for it to solidify. Till then I'll do my best to make it come true.

All the best !!

Informative thread!

@iPwnz , how are things shaping up for you now?

And a question for all members, for a guy with no Bachelor's in his late 20s looking to take up (literally from scratch) programming/any other IT stream, what option would you recommend from the following two.

1) Enroll into a BCom/BA and learn programming on own.
2) Enroll into a BCA program.

In both options, IGNOU would be the choice. Option 1 exists on the assumed premise that a Bachelor's in Commerce or Arts would be easier compared to a BCA. Plus the fact that there is a 35-40 hours/week job to sustain while doing either of the above options.

A 3rd option is to devote whatever time and resource available, apart from the existing job, to learning programming/any other viable IT skill while dumping the idea of a Bachelor's altogether.

Please feel free to give your honest/brutal/frank opinions!

Informative thread!

And a question for all members, for a guy with no Bachelor's in his late 20s looking to take up (literally from scratch) programming/any other IT stream, what option would you recommend from the following two.

In both options, IGNOU would be the choice. Option 1 exists on the assumed premise that a Bachelor's in Commerce or Arts would be easier compared to a BCA. Plus the fact that tnhere is a 35-40 hours/week job to sustain while doing either of the above options.

A 3rd option is to devote whatever time and resource available, apart from the existing job, to learning programming/any other viab le IT skill while dumping the idea of a Bachelor's altogether.

Honestly I would recommend BCA....but then again getting job will depend on your interview. An MCA after BCA would definitely increase your chances of getting an interview call in IT.

I have seen recruitment drives from leading it services companies for BSc and BCA graduates but the starting pay is very less.....

Informative thread!

In both options, IGNOU would be the choice. Option 1 exists on the assumed premise that a Bachelor's in Commerce or Arts would be easier compared to a BCA. Plus the fact that there is a 35-40 hours/week job to sustain while doing either of the above options.

A 3rd option is to devote whatever time and resource available, apart from the existing job, to learning programming/any other viable IT skill while dumping the idea of a Bachelor's altogether.

Quoting post again. Please pitch in with your inputs guys.

:)

Informative thread!

I'm glad that atleast someone found it informative.
Well I just finished a course on computers and got a "B" :p . I'll be giving another diploma exam this dec or early Jan besides my other regular exam this dec. Regarding the "IGNOU or other regular course" my narrow-minded family pressured me to go for the later and I have, even though i haven't attended a single class till now. It wouldn't have been possible to attend it anyway because of my other computer classes. Conflicting schedules.
Also some people here mentioned how they got jobs after numerous job interviews at different places and that most people dont get it at the first try, they were not wrong. Because i also didn't, at first i was very depressed because i thought that everything was going well as i had hoped for but then they bombed all my hopes at the VERY LAST MINUTE. I got over it though.
And some of the guys who commented already had the experiences and I don't even reach their level in terms of CV-attractiveness so maybe I shouldn't have think about it too much. Maybe they didn't like other "lower-tier" professions or the ones with lower salary because of their own reasons.
Anyway I've always had this *passion* but its not working out very well to be honest, something or the other always screw it up. But i haven't given up. Still trying to make it better and also improvizing as I go. If I can't find it then i will make one. I'm confident that it will take off soon one day so this is my decision on it.
As for the matters of courses and qualifications i think that the best way to work in an organization of your liking would be master the basics accompanied by some reputed certificates. If its a government job then remember that government offices are qualifications certificate/certificates-whores. #fact
Not trying to sound cocky but I feel that I'm far more skilled than many government employees here in the state. I just dont have *that* Graduate certificate and since most of what I know are self-taught i have no certificate to prove it either (except one but that's it).

Last edited:
Some facts I would like to put here....as per my experience. I know 2 colleagues of mine who joined infosys as test executive after their BSc on mere pay of 2.4 lpa. Those same ppl worked in Infosys for 2 years, learned latest test automation frameworks by themselves and utlized internal learning opportunities in infosys and switched to other companies.

Both of them are now earning around 10 lpa+ after having 5 years of experience.

So don't loose hope and complete your degree. I guess there are many people here working in IT who can refer you. In fact I can ask my friends in infosys, tcs to refer you whenever they have bsc , BCA recruitment drive.

I read some posts online from Indians talking about unemployment. I'm not sure if they seek for employment but I seriously doubt that doing nothing is going to help. But the thing is many of them seem to be very talented/experienced. Its strange how they are unemployed in their condition. Picky about the jobs? Kind of the typical Indian youth life nowadays. :/ <--coming that from me its ridiculous no? >_>
Anyway I enrolled myself in a regular college and giving the first sem exam at the moment lol. Starting from scratch only hoping to get the "Graduate" certificate. :D
I've also applied for another job again. Not sure how its gonna go but i'll update if there is any remarkable news.
Meanwhile my grandma is lecturing me to find a job asap. Sigh. If only family was a little supportive in my endeavour it wouldn't have been so bad. Now i'm trying to do everything myself. Hoping I can prove them wrong in a few years. [May GH&GG succeed] <- Landing page coming soon.

Last edited:
Back