I Just Quit. Who else is qutting?

Haven't got my last years bonus as yet. Appraisal was in Jan, haven't got new amount/sal as yet.

im ready to join the bandwagon.....just need me monies first :D

ive been workin at affinity(.com) for almost 3 yrs now :mad: fed up

saumik_ said:
Haven't got my last years bonus as yet. Appraisal was in Jan, haven't got new amount/sal as yet.

im ready to join the bandwagon.....just need me monies first :D

ive been workin at affinity(.com) for almost 3 yrs now :mad: fed up

i was told appraisal in 3 months, then 6 months , then 1 yr , then 18 months, i will complete 2 yrs in july :rofl: and i can't even see the "a" of appraisal......i know how it feels....:no:

Well greenie first congos (hoping you are moving to bigger better things).
My friend works at the same company as yours and he is pissed by the appraisal system.

I put in my papers in March :) That's barely 7 months after joining, out of which 5 months were wasted in "training" . The feeling in truly priceless!

^^ Its not just Infy either. Its the same case with most of the IT service biggies. People leave Infy to join TCS/Wipro/HCL/CTS/others and some people from those companies join Infy and it goes on and on. :rofl:

In any case my sis moved to Infy this Jan and she seems to be happy with the company so far.

Nah, the exodus this year is particularly huge. Yes we have had attrition, but it was generally very low, and this is the first time (i've been there close to 4 years now) I'm seeing so many. When you have the media (and hitler) involved, you know you've hit the big time :p

Lord Nemesis said:
^^ Its not just Infy either. Its the same case with most of the IT service biggies. People leave Infy to join TCS/Wipro/HCL/CTS/others and some people from those companies join Infy and it goes on and on. :rofl:

In any case my sis moved to Infy this Jan and she seems to be happy with the company so far.
Attrition rate is very high in many companies. It is more then 20% in Accenture, infy, tcs, wipro .

After effects of recession is good for People in IT as many of my friends have got nearly 50-60% hike when they shifted to other companies .

seriously. the hikes that people get are so IMBA that its demoralizing. A classmate of mine jumped from another IT co to mine, and he was offered 80% more than me , plus a higher role, for essentially doing the same job.

Even if quitting was not on your mind, it will.

tbh, its not that i want more money. its that there are other buggers getting more for doing the same job as I am. It would have been fine if they were paid the same as us!

I have similar feelings. Money is important, but the reason for discontent is imbalance between work done and money paid, particularly when some blokes get same money for less work, or others get more money for same work.

greenhorn said:
seriously. the hikes that people get are so IMBA that its demoralizing. A classmate of mine jumped from another IT co to mine, and he was offered 80% more than me , plus a higher role, for essentially doing the same job.

Even if quitting was not on your mind, it will.

Happens at most companies. People who keep moving tend to get more than people who stay at one place. Also many companies have the habit of paying the new joiners more than what a similar grade existing employee is getting. This is a bad practice IMO. This ends up being one of the major causes for dissatisfaction and often encourages the person to leave the company.

Recently I heard about a company where they have a policy where by any new joiner will get a package that's least 5% less than what a existing employee of the same grade with certain time at the company is getting. This ensures that the existing employees do not bear a grudge.

Personally I have myself not moved from my first company till now (been nearly 6 years) while most of my classmates have moved at least 3 times and one of them even 7 times during the same period. However I am also contemplating on changing this year although not because I am dissatisfied. Frankly for me the work is interesting compared to the usual fare in most other companies and the company has been as fair as it can be as far as appreciation goes considering I got promoted 4 times and salary is nearly 5 times of what I started with and apart from that got various spot bonuses/awards which funded by PS3 and XBOX 360 and other gadget purchases. Some classmates who have moved a lot of times are getting better salaries than me, but then I am the kind who is easily satisfied with what I get as long as it can fund my upgrade disease :p

The main reason I want to move is because

1. My mom wants me back at my home in Hyd or at least nearer to it so I can at least visit often. Currently I visit home only once an year.

2. I am really fed up with the bad hotel food here. :ashamed:

3. I want to work on something different (though I still have diversity in work at my present company as well)

From what I've seen, big IT majors prefer freshers to experienced folks. I guess because they are more interchangeable, and easier to manage. Plus you can squeeze more out of a fresher ( working weekends, night shifts, extended hours etc) than you can from a guy who has been a few years in the business.

Makes sense. If i were managing someone else's Big IT co, I'd want a bunch of willing Yes men & dumb foot soldiers below me too :)

Back