Mac OS I finally get it about Apple fanboys

I am a big fan of apple's lawyers and their thieving potential (ideas,ip,you name it they will steal it) and I am the greatest possible fan of their marketing team. they create a fake aura around an incompetent and an overpriced product. and it works. their spin team churns out ridiculous false claims and their loyal supporters gobble up the rubbish spewed by them. this is sheer genius! brilliant marketing and spin team!

Well, regarding the wifi thing. My laptop never has an issue, but my wife's laptop keeps having an issue. She needs to open the Intel app for the wifi and reconnect to the 'profile'. Never thought that it could be a hardware issue, as when connected it works fine. Not driver either, as I recently reloaded Windows and drivers too.

My laptop has had repeated issues connecting with my desktop over the wifi network. Like I said, I might be doing something wrong, but with the Mac, I did not 'need' to do anything. I think that's where it scores. Tech Enclave is NOT a reflection of the average users abilities.

ANyway, I am learning a whole lot about Win 8's potential capabilities at least.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sunny27 said:
I am a big fan of apple's lawyers and their thieving potential (ideas,ip,you name it they will steal it) and I am the greatest possible fan of their marketing team. they create a fake aura around an incompetent and an overpriced product. and it works. their spin team churns out ridiculous false claims and their loyal supporters gobble up the rubbish spewed by them. this is sheer genius! brilliant marketing and spin team!

That seems a bit over the top. Do you really think that all Apple customers are complete idiots? You can't get a better user interface than an ipod for a mp3 player. IMO, and just one example.

That's some valid points Sub... But, there are still some fine details, which overall still makes apple preferred for many.

deepakvrao said:
That seems a bit over the top. Do you really think that all Apple customers are complete idiots? You can't get a better user interface than an ipod for a mp3 player. IMO, and just one example.

Its fine deepak, Many feel like Apple is overpriced and overhyped... but it is not...

For Ex: You get annoyed by your father when you are a teenager, but will do the same when you are a father for a teen.

Similarly it is tough to understand the intricacies in apple. but after some usage you start to get and understand them..

Some services which are not noticed until you start using it..

1) Have you ever typed something and then realized you were in caps lock? You probably deleted it and typed it again all in lowercase. You could be more efficient. If you go to Services -> Convert -> Lowercase, it solves the problem without you having to type it all again! You could even do Convert -> Initial Caps of Sentences to have every letter lowercase except the first letter of the first word in a sentence. Nifty!

2) Are you space bar trigger happy? Ever typed more than 1 space in between words? Services -> Format -> Remove Multiple Spaces takes care of that.

3) This one's really helpful. Have you ever needed a long list to be alphabetized? Maybe not even just words, but how about lines of text? At Services -> Format -> Sort Lines Ascending, your entire selection becomes alphabetized. No shareware programs necessary!

4) Don't feel like reading this whole article, but you still want to get an idea of what it's about? Perfect! Select all of it and go to Services -> Summarize. Works well with reviews and book reports!

Letme repeat my quote again...

Ideas (and acquisitions) cost money... Stealing and copying doesn't....

Still don't get the fact? You guys definitely need Time...

deepakvrao said:
You hit the nail on the head there. I don't do much, but I want everything just working, and I did have issues with Windows. Heck, my wife has to reconnect to the wifi every time her laptop comes out of hibernate. She's waiting for her Mac now. I don't know how you guys never have these issues with Windows.

Seriously deepak, no issues. I don't know when, but switched a long back from XP to 7, I mean never really face these issues. It comes out of sleep and everything works.

I know I am being mean here, but this can be for any OS irrespective Apple or M$: ; so take it with a pinch of pepper:

thirumalkumaran said:
1) Have you ever typed something and then realized you were in caps lock? You probably deleted it and typed it again all in lowercase. You could be more efficient. If you go to Services -> Convert -> Lowercase, it solves the problem without you having to type it all again! You could even do Convert -> Initial Caps of Sentences to have every letter lowercase except the first letter of the first word in a sentence. Nifty!

If one can type properly and efficiently with eight fingers this situation will never arise.

thirumalkumaran said:
2) Are you space bar trigger happy? Ever typed more than 1 space in between words? Services -> Format -> Remove Multiple Spaces takes care of that.

Again, same as above. Hardly happens with me.

thirumalkumaran said:
3) This one's really helpful. Have you ever needed a long list to be alphabetized? Maybe not even just words, but how about lines of text? At Services -> Format -> Sort Lines Ascending, your entire selection becomes alphabetized. No shareware programs necessary!

I can probably do it quicker in MS-Excel using UPPER....!

thirumalkumaran said:
4) Don't feel like reading this whole article, but you still want to get an idea of what it's about? Perfect! Select all of it and go to Services -> Summarize. Works well with reviews and book reports!

I can usually read long articles really really quick -- skim rid and still pick up the core.

;)

thirumalkumaran said:

Just a Q. Usually, there is either a short conclusion at the bottom which is supposed be a summary of the article OR usually there is a last page which contains the conclusion. So, these guys were using this tool! Because sometimes, I find that it makes no sense at all. :rofl:

Actually the quoted text was taken from a writeup long ago, to point out some features which we don't know existing in the Mac os X,

Even though, here are my replies...

asingh said:
If one can type properly and efficiently with eight fingers this situation will never arise.

Then why do you move from command line or DOS / terminal etc.... Moving mouse in tough than efficient use of eight fingers

The point is Not everyone is good in "eight finger efficiency"

asingh said:
Again, same as above. Hardly happens with me.

Again, same as above. Hardly happens right for majority.

asingh said:
I can probably do it quicker in MS-Excel using UPPER....!

it can be done better with a good speech recognition software... But it is an addon.. Do you know the cost of MS-office? (don't say the '10 free edition, I don't consider it as a suite)

asingh said:
I can usually read long articles really really quick -- skim rid and still pick up the core.

Thank god! you didn't say I can directly read ascii codes....

Thirumalkumaran:
You are just getting worked up over nothing, I was playing around. Come on man. If you read my prior posts, you would have understood I am not viral Apple. I was just commenting on what you added as an USP but can be easily worked around if one is adequately equipped or has some decent knowledge of bundled software.

Anyways, I will reply, please take it in a light vein.
thirumalkumaran said:
Then why do you move from command line or DOS / terminal etc.... Moving mouse in tough than efficient use of eight fingers
The point is Not everyone is good in "eight finger efficiency"
We all had to, did we not. Are you trying to say that the mouse is much easier to use than a keyboard. Yes, for some tasks the point-and-shoot is better but not always. You had highlighted a typing constraint so I replied in conjunction. Incidentally I started my computer life on the below mentioned. Probably most of the crowd here was not even born then, or were suckling on bottles. :) It has no mouse and was DOS oriented. I learnt how to type of that, with my hands covered with a yellow cloth. Yes, that is how we were taught. Quite Shalion style.............! :) So you can understand where I am coming from, regarding typing.
BBC_Computer.jpg

thirumalkumaran said:
Again, same as above. Hardly happens right for majority.
Everyone should learn how to type if they want to be net-savvy instead of typing like grannies or children playing marbles....!

thirumalkumaran said:
it can be done better with a good speech recognition software... But it is an addon.. Do you know the cost of MS-office? (don't say the '10 free edition, I don't consider it as a suite)
Yes, MS-Office is expensive. But lower end versions (like MS 2003) are far cheaper. Again, there are ways around things. So this would not be a USP. Just a functionality of the OS. If you can give some more USPs I will listen.

thirumalkumaran said:
Thank god! you didn't say I can directly read ascii codes....
How long will it take to write a program which can do this...? Not much. Again Excel can do this. Were you being sarcastic though...?
:)

sunny27 said:
So true , apple products sell just because their hype .....maybe they are simple to use so people with lower intellect prefer apple...but in reality a mac or an iphone cannot be compared to a pc or A high end android device ... They Spend more time in patent infringment cases than doing actual research .... They purposefully leak prerelease prototypes and images to generate hype ...release an overpriced product...sue everyone with slight resemblance ... still manage to make large profits, moreover their fanbase increases every year....long live apple

Sent from my ? using Tapatalk

technobot said:
So true , apple products sell just because their hype .....maybe they are simple to use so people with lower intellect prefer apple...but in reality a mac or an iphone cannot be compared to a pc or A high end android device ... They Spend more time in patent infringment cases than doing actual research .... They purposefully leak prerelease prototypes and images to generate hype ...release an overpriced product...sue everyone with slight resemblance ... still manage to make large profits, moreover their fanbase increases every year....long live apple

Sent from my ? using Tapatalk

Sounds like a company that we all should have bought stock in?

Overpriced?

Please guys.... Get this thing out of the mind...

If you can remember when apple didn't disclose the tablet project, many people projected itab (most expected name) would start at 999$, but it started at 499$. then, the mouse chase started... copy the idea...

Till that time everyone thought to shrink the desktop OS into the device with pen, stylus foldable keyboard... etc.. running laptop parts...

That's history, everybody knows..

Similar happened on the macbook air...

Final thing, If apple is shitty industry, overpriced, overhyped etc...

Why others follow the market create by them.. (GUI Os, Ipod, Notebook, All in one pc, Tablet, Phone)

[pls note I'm not talking about devices but the market need]

Why couldn't they create a new segment (instead, create a hermaphrodite devices which excel at nothing)

This is what i call requires time to understand....

thirumalkumaran said:
Overpriced?

Please guys.... Get this thing out of the mind...

If you can remember when apple didn't disclose the tablet project, many people projected itab (most expected name) would start at 999$, but it started at 499$. then, the mouse chase started... copy the idea...

Till that time everyone thought to shrink the desktop OS into the device with pen, stylus foldable keyboard... etc.. running laptop parts...

That's history, everybody knows..

Similar happened on the macbook air...

Final thing, If apple is shitty industry, overpriced, overhyped etc...

Why others follow the market create by them.. (GUI Os, Ipod, Notebook, All in one pc, Tablet, Phone)

[pls note I'm not talking about devices but the market need]

Why couldn't they create a new segment (instead, create a hermaphrodite devices which excel at nothing)

This is what i call requires time to understand....
Maybe apple started some segments... but its not about which company gets there first but rather which one is better

have been reading this thread for a while and these are my observations of being a windows 7 [ i3 2100,4 gig ram,ati6850,zebby fantasy and 1 tb hdd] and mac osx [macbook pro] user.i cannot give my views as a developer or someone who does heavy productive stuff,i can only give as per general usage on both machines.

Win 7 - i do not have any experience with vista since i jumped from xp straight to win 7.to be honest, its wonderful and does the job 9 times out of 10.the failure rate has been next to none for me on my general purpose rig ,[ofcourse there will always be some buggy apps] and overall it felt a great leap from windows xp.

Mac os X - One of the things that made me switch to OSX partially was the high fault rate of my viao with windows 7.It was a powerful machine with an ace graphics card but portable gaming was never my forte.in the end, when i used my friend's mbp for a month i felt very impressed.it was quick and fantastically responsive,loved safari [trust me, the gestures worked like magic]and quicktime and strangely windows applications which i mainly needed word,powerpoint and excel worked fantastically well.Lemme tell you something which i did with my friend's mabook pro;one day i just kept it on standby for 4 days after doing some heavy ass work and when i came back i just opened the flap and it was ready to work with the same speed and responsiveness,i felt the power management on that thing was fantastic.My vaio could never have done this and this made me switch to a mac,abeit only with a portable.

One of the things i think apple have done right with the portable market[macs and ios devices] is that every year the gap is becoming smaller in terms of user interface.They are taking the good things of the ipad and putting it into the mac and viceversa.And since they control both the software and the hardware, they manage to deliver fantastic battery life and regular updates which complements both the software and hardware again.The ipad and macbook air/pro are coming closer in terms of software and ease of use and that is helping them set the benchmark for notebooks.

Conclusion- I feel that both o.s are very strong but the mac edges for me because its got fantastic software and is optimized better which gives portables good power management,instant on and generally gives macbooks a long life since future versions of the o.s can run on pretty old machines due to fantastic software optimization.Win 7 for me,if you are a general user does the job pretty well and i honestly cannot say much foul about it.its pretty stable and i have recently started to prefer the mp classic to quicktime.

technobot said:
Maybe apple started some segments... but its not about which company gets there first but rather which one is better

But the problem is their tablets,notebooks and phones are among the best in the market - edited since you didnt mention the word shitty

vantheman5211 said:
Lemme tell you something which i did with my friend's mabook pro;one day i just kept it on standby for 4 days after doing some heavy ass work and when i came back i just opened the flap and it was ready to work with the same speed and responsiveness,i felt the power management on that thing was fantastic.My vaio could never have done this and this made me switch to a mac,abeit only with a portable.

Trust me, I have tried this too. On my Celeron. By accident. Stuff worked perfectly.

vantheman5211 said:
One of the things i think apple have done right with the portable market[macs and ios devices] is that every year the gap is becoming smaller in terms of user interface.They are taking the good things of the ipad and putting it into the mac and viceversa.And since they control both the software and the hardware, they manage to deliver fantastic battery life and regular updates which complements both the software and hardware again.The ipad and macbook air/pro are coming closer in terms of software and ease of use and that is helping them set the benchmark for notebooks.

For the experience, agreed.

vantheman5211 said:
Conclusion- I feel that both o.s are very strong but the mac edges for me because its got fantastic software and is optimized better which gives portables good power management,instant on and generally gives macbooks a long life since future versions of the o.s can run on pretty old machines due to fantastic software optimization.Win 7 for me,if you are a general user does the job pretty well and i honestly cannot say much foul about it.its pretty stable and i have recently started to prefer the mp classic to quicktime.

Yes, since they are both tightly integrated, they offer a fantastic experience. As for MPC over QT, welcome. Its the same on W7, WMP12 is only for music. Else its MPC for everything else.

vantheman5211 said:

But the problem is their tablets,notebooks and phones are among the best in the market and your claim of it being shitty can be claimed as shitty.

:S. He did not mention that it was shitty, as he stated was the truth. Both you and this kumaran dude bought it up.

Back