Mac OS I finally get it about Apple fanboys

^^Hehehe, I am a Mac fan too [new], and I love my S2 too. I think if the iphone were better priced in India, I might have given it a shot. It is the one product that is ridiculously priced here.

...yeah totaslly agree with the pricing..its redicilous....but just get it imported or something is needed so badly...I for one am happy with the 4 over the 4S...

I gave the 4S to my sis and kept the 4.

Oh!Is there anything wrong there?

Using a Mac does not make you a fanboy.

I love both Android and i o.s,but prefer SL or Lion over Windows7.

Sent from Galaxy S2

...pun intended.

<

Just out of curiosity, why would you do that?

Siri was no good here, she refused to pull up local data even...except for India's population with graphs etc, but no resturants movies etc.

yeah she was good to have fun with;, like asking "What clothes you wearing?", "What turns her on etc?","You have a boyfriend?" (...play with your own 4S to find the answers..
<
)

but she did get annoyed after a bit and got boring over the weekend. Decent for setting reminders etc,

...point to note she did undestand me/us quite okay.

...and the only difference that I found was the Speaker was way better,

yes it was faster, brighter the screen was on max brightness when I compared them side by side.

..but was it worth all in the 4S worth 18K extra over the 4.

or by the market price 10K...?

...but now you don't get a 16gb iPhone 4 do you from the store.

I got the 16Gb iPhone 4 traded mine for 18K and saved 18K

She got the 4S for 36K form TE itself

We both are very happy
<

I got the 16Gb iPhone 4 traded mine for 18K and saved 18K

She got the 4S for 36K form TE itself

This might be off-topic but can you tell me from whom you got the iphone 4? I am new to TE so a bit skeptical in buying stuff from here. If you have pleasant exp. with a seller please pm me with the details. It will be mighty useful for me.

This thread got derailed as it so often happens on TE :p

Anyway, on a completely digressive note, here's a pointer for the OP :p

Also, 25 seconds is quite slow for an SSD bootup,

Actually, you shouldn't need to shutdown your MB unless you are going to leave it aside for several days..

Just close the lid when done and open it next morning...

This is stated somewhere on the Apple site too in their KB but am too lazy to search and post the link

This thread got derailed as it so often happens on TE :p

Anyway, on a completely digressive note, here's a pointer for the OP :p

Actually, you shouldn't need to shutdown your MB unless you are going to leave it aside for several days..

Just close the lid when done and open it next morning...

This is stated somewhere on the Apple site too in their KB but am too lazy to search and post the link

Well I did mention it was off-topic. As far as closing the lid goes, what it does is put your machine in standby/hibernate (depending on your power option) and this feature is pretty much in every notebook.

Well I did mention it was off-topic. As far as closing the lid goes, what it does is put your machine in standby/hibernate (depending on your power option) and this feature is pretty much in every notebook.

Ha, kid, when you r as old as I am, you'll realize that thats exactly what it's meant to do on every notebook.. what i was trying to point out is that unfortunately most other machines can't xactly handle it as elegantly as a Mac
<

Ha, kid, when you r as old as I am, you'll realize that thats exactly what it's meant to do on every notebook.. what i was trying to point out is that unfortunately most other machines can't xactly handle it as elegantly as a Mac
<

True that. Speaking from experience.

Thanks @infected

<

Boy it would be sad to think that in five years, I'd be calling everyone else a "kid" and discount everything they say just because they are younger. Heh. As far as "elegance" goes, you can't expect a shoddy net-book to perform on par with a $1000+ mac. Also, as I mentioned in an earlier post, it is mostly up to the OEM to make sure the hardware is in tandem with the OS to get the best performance. Remember, cheap knock-offs from china and big name manufacturers use android in their phones yet the performance is not comparable.

Boy it would be sad to think that in five years, I'd be calling everyone else a "kid" and discount everything they say just because they are younger. Heh. As far as "elegance" goes, you can't expect a shoddy net-book to perform on par with a $1000+ mac. Also, as I mentioned in an earlier post, it is mostly up to the OEM to make sure the hardware is in tandem with the OS to get the best performance. Remember, cheap knock-offs from china and big name manufacturers use android in their phones yet the performance is not comparable.

Learn to read kid :p

What you said was this

As far as closing the lid goes, what it does is put your machine in standby/hibernate (depending on your power option) and this feature is pretty much in every notebook.

when did I ever discount that? I was just ribbing you for having stated the obvious :p

So very true --- the above picture!!!!!!! Especially the comment on the mac icon in the second picture!

Are you disturbed by the outcome of facts and stats? What fanboys don't understand is that bleating about a particular product with no visible merit doesn't lend it any credibility. I do understand apple, its ridiculous and unjustified pricing and some of its "developed/stolen tech". I am not a fan of anything that comes out of cupertino although some of their innovations do deserve attention and accolades and more lately their fixation with lawsuits and patents is sheer evil genius. But I don't understand why uneducated fanboys, unaware of anything with amazing innovations and superior technology that doesn't bear a ha;f eaten fruit constantly go on a chest thumping spree talking about design. I do agree design is important but functionality and customization and ultimately the freedom to do what you want when you want rather being herded like sheep is something I don't agree with.

Are you disturbed by the outcome of facts and stats? What fanboys don't understand is that bleating about a particular product with no visible merit doesn't lend it any credibility. I do understand apple, its ridiculous and unjustified pricing and some of its "developed/stolen tech". I am not a fan of anything that comes out of cupertino although some of their innovations do deserve attention and accolades and more lately their fixation with lawsuits and patents is sheer evil genius. But I don't understand why uneducated fanboys, unaware of anything with amazing innovations and superior technology that doesn't bear a ha;f eaten fruit constantly go on a chest thumping spree talking about design. I do agree design is important but functionality and customization and ultimately the freedom to do what you want when you want rather being herded like sheep is something I don't agree with.

No clue what your incoherent post means, but what I was pointing out was your homophobic attitude.

Yes, the money and status thing is true, at least for me. A good friend of mine, wants to buy a new machine, had decided to get an imac. when asked why, said he just wants it. now all he is going to do is some word processing, etc. Basically something that a decent desktop can do easily. He mentions that he has the cash and he wants the status of owning an imac. simple. However, this is a year old.

Newest example is a guy i met on the way to lamington road. Now, i dont know him at all. we just started chatting on the way. as we were discussing tech stuff, the point in discussion came up as the reaosn for going there. I went there to get a cabinet. he mentioned that he plans to buy a laptop and he plans to buy the MB. when asked why, says that staus symbol hai. he had an iphone (no idea which one), had around 60K and wanted to blow it. his requirements were to use it for his college project.

I can think of no reason to use a 60K MB. Most of my work gets done on my 4 yr old celeron.

For this i think many people will agree with you.Apple is selling old technology in a new model.Its like selling a 10rs product in a 100rs gift wrap.why because it looks better! But i have nothing against anyone.

No intention for fight guys!
<

Back